LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

2006 Lexus LS430 Lexus Park Assist not working

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-16, 08:19 AM
jsnlwrnc87
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Lexus LS430 Lexus Park Assist not working

Hi im new to this forum and also to Lexus. I have read many forums on here about the Lexus Park Assist not working but unfortunately none quite answer my question.

I purchased a 2006 Lexus LS 430 2 days ago. Everything on the car works great...except I noticed the park assist does not. Its quite simple. When i press the park assist button to turn on the assist it beeps for about two seconds and also a car with a P in the center with all of the sensor points illuminated comes on then goes off...but nothing else. When i put the car in reverse nothing happens...no beeps or anything no error messages even say system is faulty. im sure its broke.

Anyone have an idea? Thank you for any help
Old 04-01-16, 10:47 AM
KING
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

To answer your question; Nope, your system sounds like it's working fine.
The name, "Lexus Park Assist" might be a little bit misleading in my opinion. It makes you feel like it should do something more automated, like self park or something. But the only thing it does is detect objects that are very close within proximity of the sensor.

The system works by letting you know with a beep and a visual if you are too close to something, ONLY. If you are far away from obstacles, the sensors will not give you any feedback. They only detect very close objects. And you can change these parameters through the settings. You can choose how far you want it to beep from 2-3 presets IIRC, close to furthest. But even with the furthest detection I believe you will have to be really close to the wall/obstacle for the sensor to beep.

You can also activate the parking sensors screen to show up when you are in reverse. Or even for it to come up if you are parking next to something close to the front end of the car. I am pretty sure the Park Assist options are under MENU if you have a NAV screen. If it's not there, then it would be under OPTIONS --> Information --> Park Assist.

The beep it makes when you switch it ON, is just the system checking all the sensors, giving you a sign that they all function okay.

*Maybe a mod can move this thread to the correct directory.
Old 04-01-16, 11:00 AM
jsnlwrnc87
Driver School Candidate

KING: How do I set it up so the little car shows up? Right now nothing shows up at all. I dont have the Nav option and I dont see a settings or options. Im so confused. smh
Old 04-03-16, 12:34 PM
iToaster
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

It will only display the picture of the car when a sensor detects an object close to the front or rear bumpers. If no object is detected, the display is used for other information like the compass or outside temperature.
Old 04-03-16, 06:43 PM
jsnlwrnc87
Driver School Candidate

iToaster and KING thank you so much for your responses. Like I said, Im new to Lexus so not sure how some of the gadgets work. I just wanted to sign in and let you know it beeped in the front of the car when I was getting too close to the opening gate to my neighborhood AND then when I was backing up into my parking space. Apparently I got too close to the gate as it was opening and too close to the bushes or that cement thing in the parking space LoL Im relieved to know it works!