New LS430 Owner Checking in!

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-16, 01:35 PM
Kuni808
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New LS430 Owner Checking in!

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to introduce myself to the community! I am the a proud new owner of C8V6C's 2005 LS430 UL.

I came over from the Honda/Acura scene, owned a 2003 Acura TL Type S for 11 years. I always wanted a LS and the timing couldn't have been more perfect! C8V6C and I go waaaay back to the Honda days and when he put up his LS for sale I knew it was time for any upgrade.

I was missing out! I now know the true meaning of Ultra Luxury! HAHAHA

I couldn't be more happier! Thank you C8V6C for giving me the entry way into the true luxury experience.

So far since ownership i did the normal do over!
- Full Timing belt, water pump, pulleys, etc service completed
- Brake Fluid change
- Power Steering fluid refresh
- 5% limo tint all around
- Side Window Visors
- Ohtsu tires
- Front Hood Shocks and rear Trunk Shock Replacement
- Did my first Engine Oil change with Amsoil Synthetic

- Pending
- Transmission fluid drain and fill with Amsoil Trans Fluid.

It came with the DataSystems Controller and Zealand kit.

Future plans:
- Wheels
- Aftermarket Air
- Lip Kit
- and anything else to keep the LS classy and running smooth!

I've been lurking on the boards for a little while now and I have to thank you all for all the information everyone has put together. i have learned a lot about the LS and just how reliable and well built this car is.

I'm looking forward to conversing with you all!!
Old 03-17-16, 01:36 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Welcome and congrats!
Old 03-17-16, 01:39 PM
Kuni808
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Welcome and congrats!
Thank you DaveGS4!!
Old 03-17-16, 01:48 PM
Legender
Racer

Received 85 Likes on 76 Posts

Welcome to the club Kuni and glad to see you think it's a step up from the Acura. I also moved from Acura Legend to the LS and have not looked back. Good luck with your upgrades and enjoy the ride.
Old 03-17-16, 02:16 PM
Kuni808
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Legender
Welcome to the club Kuni and glad to see you think it's a step up from the Acura. I also moved from Acura Legend to the LS and have not looked back. Good luck with your upgrades and enjoy the ride.
Thank you!! I still love Honda/Acura but I always had an itch to own an LS. From anything in the Acura line doesnt compare to the features and build quality of the LS. The LS is 11 years old and still have features that 99.9% of cars dont come with. Truly an eye opener and I understand why owners keep the 430 for as long as they do.

Thank you! Im going to slowly build her up and keep her as clean as possible!
Old 03-17-16, 06:38 PM
hyperopt
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Kuni808
- Pending
- Transmission fluid drain and fill with Amsoil Trans Fluid.
Congratulation!
Everything looks good but I would be very careful with replacing the trans fluid with anything not genuine Toyota trans fluid.
Old 03-17-16, 08:12 PM
Kuni808
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by hyperopt
Congratulation!
Everything looks good but I would be very careful with replacing the trans fluid with anything not genuine Toyota trans fluid.
Thank you Hyperopt! I saw a couple members have switched to the Amsoil fluid with success so ill give it a shot. If the trans doesnt like it ill drain it immediately. I apprecite the look out though!😊
Old 03-17-16, 08:13 PM
jpv7774
Lexus Test Driver

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Congrats and welcome.....I also came over from the Honda Acura scene......I owned a TL......but then switched to a Toyota Avalon and was amazed at how smooth it was.....then I just had to have a Lexus....wow wow wow.........no going back now.

I would also agree to be careful with the tranny. It is considered to be a sealed tranny but u can change the fluid. I had the dealer do mine but they only got 2 quarts of new fluid in using there method. Many on this site have methods of how to keep working in new fluid until its all clean.

Good luck....

enjoy........smooooooooooooooth......and she is a rocket if u punch it to the floor occasionally
Old 03-17-16, 09:14 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

That's actually really cool that you and the previous owner go back... there is an automatic layer of trust with that transaction. Do you already have a few ideas on the wheels and specs?
Old 03-24-16, 05:21 PM
Kuni808
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jpv7774
Congrats and welcome.....I also came over from the Honda Acura scene......I owned a TL......but then switched to a Toyota Avalon and was amazed at how smooth it was.....then I just had to have a Lexus....wow wow wow.........no going back now.

I would also agree to be careful with the tranny. It is considered to be a sealed tranny but u can change the fluid. I had the dealer do mine but they only got 2 quarts of new fluid in using there method. Many on this site have methods of how to keep working in new fluid until its all clean.

Good luck....

enjoy........smooooooooooooooth......and she is a rocket if u punch it to the floor occasionally
Thank you!! yeah its soo hard to now go to anything else! Just having a pure luxury car is on another level!

thank you for the advice! Yeah I heard how much of a pain this change is but I think I can get to it. If not I'll have a friend help me out who is a certified Toyota Mechanic.

I can't wait till all of the maintenance is done!
Old 03-24-16, 05:29 PM
Kuni808
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by MikeFoxx
That's actually really cool that you and the previous owner go back... there is an automatic layer of trust with that transaction. Do you already have a few ideas on the wheels and specs?
yeah it was! This is why I trusted buying the LS from him. I know he took the best of care of it! Now a days its hard to buy a used car of this level from an honest seller!

I actually have a set of SSR Evo Decote in 18x8 +35 and 18x9 +34 but I am not sure if the front wheels will clear the front calipers. I know they are huge and crazy big. I may try a small spacer and see if that clears. If it doesn't then i'll end up buying a set of really nice reps for daily driving and later down the road buy a legit set for weekends. Vegas roads can be nasty to wheels with stretched or very small side wall tires.

The wheels I was looking at has a spec of 18x9 +30 and 18x10 +25. not too crazy