Search this Thread

Old 12-26-15, 06:23 AM
tradosauru
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Old 12-26-15, 07:34 AM
Jabberwock

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

Wow those wheels looked pretty good on the SC430 body. I know some of us sound pretty negative on the wheels including me. Admittedly I am a conservative old geezer with an engineering background so I hate the giant wheel craze for multiple reasons - form and function, but that is just the old geezer perspective and we have multiple generations on the forum.

The LS 430 can have multiple looks. It is your car and the forum is a better more valuable place when we have different perspectives on what looks good on an LS430. Kudos to you for bringing your obvious love of cars and your passion and hard work for performing mods that you choose for your car to the LS430 forum.
Old 12-26-15, 08:05 AM
tradosauru
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Instead of enabling people to make their cars look ridiculous we should ridicule their looks so eventually we won't have to be subject to the hideousness while out in public.
The reason my kids won't get tattoos or dress like a pimp is because they know I would unmercifully make fun of them.

BTW, I'm an engineer also.
Old 12-26-15, 01:17 PM
airchomper
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

As engineers, surely you can appreciate things like retrofitting LED lights, right?

And is a lowered LS430 really that much off putting than a small person driving a large SUV? Or a CUV? For the price of the Honda HR-V, an individual can get an Accord which is more spacious, fuel efficient, and much faster.
Old 12-26-15, 08:11 PM
Anion
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts

at the end of the day... we as human beings think differently... we all have our own perspective towards something. ultimately we are all Car enthusiast ..

respecting one another and each other's build... i shared my build knowingly there were gonna be negative comments and criticism but that's fine with me

like i mention before im sorry my modding doesn't suit everyone's satisfactory
Old 12-28-15, 09:15 AM
takimanpgt
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Anion
It's ok it's my ride... I build my car around my wheels I don't buy wheels to fit it.. It will be different when I get my fenders done..
Completely agree with you in that this is your car and you have every right to build it the way you want to. I just presented my opinion.

I will present a second opinion (even though you never asked for it specifically) - now that you know the wheels fit and look good, take them off. And leave the originals on until you get your fenders rolled and body work completed. Once that is accomplished, put wheels on and you will end up presenting a car to the rest of the world (or modding club or friends or whoever) that is 100% complete. Patience in this case really works as a form of appreciation when you present the car build in phases.
Old 01-05-16, 09:32 PM
Anion
Pole Position

Originally Posted by takimanpgt
Completely agree with you in that this is your car and you have every right to build it the way you want to. I just presented my opinion.

I will present a second opinion (even though you never asked for it specifically) - now that you know the wheels fit and look good, take them off. And leave the originals on until you get your fenders rolled and body work completed. Once that is accomplished, put wheels on and you will end up presenting a car to the rest of the world (or modding club or friends or whoever) that is 100% complete. Patience in this case really works as a form of appreciation when you present the car build in phases.
yea im definitely gonna do that..... but it wont be on stock wheels for long... i finally got my data system in...

im gonna do fender work on the lowest setting of the datasystem height... i want to ride stock height for the OEM ride quality..but being able to u can say lower the car at a park but not all the time..only when i need to... not slammed but low enough..
Old 01-05-16, 09:43 PM
Anion
Pole Position

wondering if anyone know what this problem is i cant seem to find out whats wrong...

my VSC light comes on at random once every week or so.....but it turns off at random only last a day or two...

data system came in... so fender work very soon... gauging how much work is needed to be done here...will start everything once i decided on what custom over fender im planning on going for the fronts...
i'm going to let the car sit down on its lowest setting and let natural camber do its job and work my fenders around them...

im not a fan of driving low..i prefer the stock height and smooth ride quality overall... just wanting to be able to hard park it when needed..

Old 09-24-16, 05:27 PM
Anion
Pole Position

Rear fender work coming soon...
Old 09-24-16, 05:49 PM
legend921
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Looking good there! I like the design of the wheels and the look you're going with.
Old 09-25-16, 03:31 PM
Anion
Pole Position

Originally Posted by legend921
Looking good there! I like the design of the wheels and the look you're going with.
thank you!

gotta shave the front and pull it slightly so I can actually go lower..

as as for the rear my goal is to just use natural negative camber and build around it at the lowest point of the height.. I'm not gonna add or subtract any camber keep it normal..

with that said my goal is to ride stock height keep my comfort and lower it whenever I want to show it .. Not a fan of riding low ish... Lol