LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

New LS430 Owner... well kinda new

Old 12-24-15, 08:07 PM
Anion
Pole Position

Received 33 Likes on 16 Posts
Default New LS430 Owner... well kinda new

bought my LS430 exactly 15 days ago...

its silver with black interior and its like a dark red woodgrain interior... 2003 Model... im pretty sure it is the ultra luxury edition...factory air etc..

2003 LS430 with 99k Miles on it... second owner..

started off with some modding real quick...ill walk u through with my photos... hopefully u guys dont get bored of me until the end...trust me it gets better :] so try and read until the end please

first two photos are photos when i first bought the car...one is at my place..sorry im no photographer... but u get the idea lol

next 6 photos are the interior how i got it...very clean...UL package..as u can see all the switches etc..

Started my first mod with the ViasTech... i couldnt live without the bluetooth audio so i had to..i cant believe the car has everything beside AUX/BackupCamera/TPMS

next mod was i replace all the ML speaker with my old speaker i had use to experiment on my SC430... perfect fit no modification needed right over stock brackets...

ok this next picture i dont understand what this plug is? i was taking out my Navi DVD drive because it said it was dirty or some sort...and i found this blue plug with nothing to plug it to around?? any ideas?

next i test fitted my Work Varianza T1S i bought ages ago
20x9.5 +0 Front
20x10.5 +0 Rear

then i started polishing the headlights...nothing crazy just polish no sanding needed cause it was pretty clean overall.. just took off a little bit of oxidation

Old 12-24-15, 08:11 PM
Anion
Pole Position

christmas eve today... i got a little bored and threw in some LEDs for the front dome...had to butterfly the edges because it wouldnt properly fit...and i took off that weird GLAZE cover..

and thats it... for now thats how my car sits...i ordered a kicker sub to replace my OEM sub.. which is also shattered...but until then this is how my car sits...comments and criticism are welcome... i know its kinda poking crazy...but hopefully not for long....my goal is to keep my UL Air suspension for the ride comfort... im planning on getting the DATA SYSTEM ... and just do fenderwork around the lowest setting of the DATASYSTEM... i want to keep my OEM quality ride.. and i know the struts are gonna give out around 100k... im willing to replace those struts with oem struts
Old 12-24-15, 08:29 PM
tradosauru
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

What size were your old wheels?
Old 12-24-15, 08:39 PM
airchomper
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Oh man that black wood is fantastic! I love it. Very clean! Be sure to change all the fluids! Well the transmission, differentials, and power steering.

Did you do the tint yourself? Is it difficult to install?
Old 12-24-15, 09:16 PM
Anion
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tradosauru
What size were your old wheels?
im not sure on the width and offset but they were stock orginal...17 inches..i think it was 235/55/17 tires on it...

Originally Posted by airchomper
Oh man that black wood is fantastic! I love it. Very clean! Be sure to change all the fluids! Well the transmission, differentials, and power steering.

Did you do the tint yourself? Is it difficult to install?
i forgot to mention i already did the oilchange...the transmission fluid seemed fine..its not dark or smelly.... definitely need to do the differentials and power steering...

i inspected under the car.. i forgot to mention...ALL the 02 Sensors were BRAND NEW!! i mean not even dust on it lol unless someone cleaned it up good... i highly doubt... brand new brakes on it...front and rear...

as for the tint...i think its orginal tint... the rear is turning purple and hazy ... some of the other windows are slightly peeling... so im definitely gonna jump on that asap ... after new years..
Old 12-25-15, 05:11 AM
takimanpgt
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Those wheels on that car are hideous. Offset is very wrong for that car.

Other than that - like what you bought. Looks like a clean good original car!
Old 12-25-15, 06:07 AM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 308 Likes on 228 Posts

Welcome and merry Christmas. If you are using the original ML amp you will destroy it with anything below 8 ohms. OEM is in the 14's.

Last edited by Lavrishevo; 12-25-15 at 11:03 AM.
Old 12-25-15, 07:50 AM
tradosauru
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by takimanpgt
Those wheels on that car are hideous. Offset is very wrong for that car.

Other than that - like what you bought. Looks like a clean good original car!
Agree. I hate to see a sophisticated car get ruined by pimped out rims.
Old 12-25-15, 08:56 AM
Jabberwock

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

First welcome to the forum. That is a great looking UL LS430....nice catch.

Hate to pile on but those wheels are silly sad looking on the understated super elegant lines of a car like the LS430 ...unless you want to DONK it, then the wheels look tacky perfect.
Old 12-25-15, 10:37 AM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Received 269 Likes on 226 Posts

+1 on changing your subwoofer and other speakers. Other than OEM speakers are going to destroy your amp which is not cheap. I'm also not a fan of aftermarket rims, but if you have your originals you can always go back if necessary.. Beautiful interior! I wish I had black. Enjoy!
Old 12-25-15, 04:58 PM
toddmorr
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

nice interior....what did you clean it with? anything special?
Old 12-25-15, 07:55 PM
volson
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good grief those wheels look terrible. Looks like you ripped them off of a huge suv.

Welcome. Car looks clean. What did you use to buff the headlights? Looks good.
Old 12-25-15, 09:53 PM
Anion
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Lavrishevo
Welcome and merry Christmas. If you are using the original ML amp you will destroy it with anything below 8 ohms. OEM is in the 14's.
I did some research I thought our ml amp was at 12 ohms? I bought a duo voice coil sub at 8ohms

Originally Posted by tradosauru
Agree. I hate to see a sophisticated car get ruined by pimped out rims.
It's ok it's my ride... I build my car around my wheels I don't buy wheels to fit it.. It will be different when I get my fenders done..

Originally Posted by Jabberwock
First welcome to the forum. That is a great looking UL LS430....nice catch.

Hate to pile on but those wheels are silly sad looking on the understated super elegant lines of a car like the LS430 ...unless you want to DONK it, then the wheels look tacky perfect.
Thanks yea wheels look donk for now... But it doesn't bother me lol I'll have it aired out and body work done soon..

Originally Posted by Bocatrip
+1 on changing your subwoofer and other speakers. Other than OEM speakers are going to destroy your amp which is not cheap. I'm also not a fan of aftermarket rims, but if you have your originals you can always go back if necessary.. Beautiful interior! I wish I had black. Enjoy!
I always keep my original wheels ... Especially when I travel far I will swap wheels... For smoother ride and safer .. I do travel a lot and this isn't my only car.. this is just a traveling vehicle..

Originally Posted by toddmorr
nice interior....what did you clean it with? anything special?
Not at all I just use armor all original leather cleaner

Originally Posted by volson
Good grief those wheels look terrible. Looks like you ripped them off of a huge suv.

Welcome. Car looks clean. What did you use to buff the headlights? Looks good.
Lol it used to be on my sc430 bagged... I was tucking it ... I used 3m headlight plastic cleaner.. It's in a black bottle with an orange label.. And I polished it with a 3m lens cleaner... Sealed it with 3m sealed too ..

Sorry my wheels isn't fitted for everyone's taste... Looks donk offset is crazy.. Which is true I do agree...

But this is my build / show car / traveling car... It will be my first VIP build..
Old 12-25-15, 10:42 PM
rich2kbusa
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Car looks great in the first pic but downhill after that.. Sad to see such a clean car especially one with the UL package that someone puts ugly wheels on that don't fit that have tires that don't fit stretched on them. Then you're saying you're going to "bag" it and make it "VIP" which is even worse!!! I will say that i think your SC looked good in that pic but thats the type of car for that. Who wants to take a great riding luxury sedan and camber the wheels to look like crap and slam it so it rides even worse?!?!? Put the stock wheels back on and mod some other car thats meant for it.
Old 12-25-15, 11:51 PM
airchomper
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

For what it's worth, I didn't even notice the wheel's offset. (Although I'm the most out of the loop person you'll ever encounter about stanced, flush, bagged, hellflush, ect. cars)

And the tires don't look any more out of place than the tires you see on modern SUVs - from the factory mind you. Additionally, if you just drive on freeways, I bet the air suspension handles the narrow profile tires just fine.

But let's not kid ourselves, if we all wanted the best riding cars, we'd get 16 inch rims and run our tires a few PSI low. I have 16 inch rims but slightly over inflate my tires (run about 32 psi in the winter and 35 in the summer) because I'm cheap about buying gas. And if you had the rims hanging around from your SC430 then why not test fit them on the LS? The rims themselves look very shiny and big.

Also, you're doing this build exactly right - maintenance first, sensible mods like L.E.D lights, and just seeing what works before you commit to a build / direction.

Sorry there are haters here. You got a cool car, hope it's as comfortable as a cloud, and you know that the 3UZ is a real sweetheart. Great choice!

And Rich2kBusa, just let the people live. If they want to replace tires every few thousand miles and scrape oil pans, then by god they should budget for it and have the lowest life they can afford. In fact, God bless them! They increase the demand for our cars, they buy parts for the cars and keep companies interested in supporting our cars, and they make stock cars worth even more! Thank goodness for them!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New LS430 Owner... well kinda new