LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

New shoes!!!! (Toyo Versado Noir)

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-15, 01:11 PM
Slvr surfr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Default New shoes!!!! (Toyo Versado Noir)

Just got back from getting some new rubber for my land yacht and let me tell you these are some amazing tires. I had previous experience with Toyo tires before. A couple years ago i bought some Versado LXii's after being talked out of buying the Primacy's MXV4 buy a guy that probably got a commission buy doing so. but it wasnt a bad recommendation as they were $400 cheaper than the Michelin. What the hell! Needless to say i was very happy with the results and ended up getting some on my girls car soon after. Fast forward to today and the LXii's have been replaced by the Noir's. IMO, they are just as good as the LXii if not slightly better. Very, very smooth riding tire with almost no road noise until you get to about 55mph. I have a phone app that measures db's and between 55-60 mph, it's about 65-69db. Very deep treads, and new tech made into these tires makes for a excellent, cheaper alternative to the Michelin's. One thing i noticed with the old LXii's is they were great in rain and snow and got quieter after the initial break-in period. I hope these will hold true to it's predecessor.

SW15LS can attest to how good these tires are. He had some on the '13 GS before getting his new LS. I will be doing periodic updates on comfort, wear, noise, and durability in the coming months. Stay tuned.
Attached Thumbnails New shoes!!!! (Toyo Versado Noir)-toyo-versado-noir-group-large.png  
Old 12-09-15, 04:41 PM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 308 Likes on 228 Posts

Congratulations. Keep us updated. What is the tread rating?
Old 12-09-15, 05:26 PM
Tom57
Pole Position

Received 67 Likes on 63 Posts

620AA UTQG rating. 11/32 tread depth. Mileage warranty from 65K - 75K depending upon tire size.
Old 12-09-15, 06:29 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,521 Likes on 1,819 Posts

They are very good tires, you'll enjoy them. I came very close to buying them for the LS460 too, but wanted to give the Pirellis a whirl.

Post some pics of them on the car! They have an interesting sidewall design too.

Where did you get them? I got mine from Radial Tire in Silver Spring. Not a ton of Toyo dealers around and TireRack doesn't carry them.
Old 12-09-15, 08:35 PM
Slvr surfr
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SW15LS
They are very good tires, you'll enjoy them. I came very close to buying them for the LS460 too, but wanted to give the Pirellis a whirl.

Post some pics of them on the car! They have an interesting sidewall design too.

Where did you get them? I got mine from Radial Tire in Silver Spring. Not a ton of Toyo dealers around and TireRack doesn't carry them.
Already loving them! I'll take some tomorrow to post up.

Off of Seminary rd!! That's exactly where I bought the first set and my girlfriend's set. This time I did not go back due to the buddy system somewhere else. . First it's LXT and now Radial Tire. I see we frequent the same places for out cars.
Old 12-09-15, 08:38 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Yup! Radial Tire is a great place, as is obviously LXT!
Old 12-12-15, 12:25 PM
Slvr surfr
Lexus Test Driver

So far so good after the first couple hundred miles. To be honest, it seems the tires are getting even quieter. Same thing happen to the LXII's they replaced. They are almost dead silent up until around 45-50mph and then you will just barley start to hear road noise. Handling is good on dry roads but it's what i expected. No rain since last week so i have to wait to report on wet grip although judging by my previous experience and the usually deep treads, wet traction should not be an issue. Not a bad looking tire either! The sidewall has a nice "luxurious" pattern to them although i would've like to have a curb rash guard like some other tires have. Nevertheless, I will be sticking with these tires for this car from now on being as though you get Michelin performance for a better price with really no disadvantages. Next up is trying to find another set of OEM 18's. Three of mine are slightly bent form these DMV potholes . They tire guy did a good job with balancing so i don't feel anything up until maybe 80mph then some vibration starts kicking in. Below are a few shots to give an idea on how they look if someone is interested.
Attached Thumbnails New shoes!!!! (Toyo Versado Noir)-20151211_153045.jpg   New shoes!!!! (Toyo Versado Noir)-20151211_153140.jpg   New shoes!!!! (Toyo Versado Noir)-20151211_153234.jpg   New shoes!!!! (Toyo Versado Noir)-20151211_153256.jpg  
Old 12-12-15, 12:33 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Very nice! Yeah same aspect ratio as those on my GS, so very similar looking.

I'd like to have them have a rash guard too...
Old 12-29-15, 05:51 AM
Brewmyown
Pole Position

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Ok, first let me say that I do not put much stock in tire reviews when it comes to swaying me to buy a certain tire until they get into the second set of seasons and maybe 10,000 miles or so on them. I must admit that I am glad the tire guy practically insisted that I get the Toyo Versado Noir over the Continental tires (Purecontact or Controlcontact) I thought I had researched to death and came in to buy.

I can't say much about the dry or rain traction. Right now its excellent but time will tell if that stays true. I'm only comparing the snow traction of these Brand new Toyo Versdao Noir tires to brand new tires I've had in the recent past (Continental DWS and Michelin MXV4's). Yes, it likely will fade next year with about 25,000 more miles on them but I fully expect that. The only reason I'm even writing about these now is because in my 36+ years of driving and numerous types of tires I've driven on, I have NEVER, EVER experienced the unbelievable snow traction these tires have. Yesterday in the Chicagoland area we had about 3" - 4" plus of about the heaviest snow, sleet, rain there is. I left my office which is 40 miles from my house driving towards worsening weather at 4:00 pm. My drive started with about 3" inches of snow/slush. Then it started pouring rain for a bit. Then it changed to snowing sideways the closer I got to my house. I could not believe some of the conditions I was effortlessly driving through. Whether starting, stopping and driving at various speeds, I never felt out of control in the least. I know for a fact the Michelin MXV4's I had on previously would have not made it through some of those areas even when brand new. If I still had them on, I would have left the office around noon or maybe earlier when there was only 1"-2" on the ground and it would have been a white knuckle ride all the way home.

Happy New Year!