LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Worlds first ls3 ls430 gets a bigger motor

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-15, 07:57 PM
Tom57
Pole Position

Received 67 Likes on 63 Posts

Looking forward to seeing you on TV show "Street Outlaws" ...
Old 11-10-15, 04:09 PM
JHC828
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Loving this build! I've always been a fan of GM and specifically LSx engines. Perfect platform for modding. And adding one to a car like this is just awesome. I was a big fan of Volvette (ever heard of it?) that car and this one makes for a mean sleeper! I found your videos on youtube, Subscribed. Sounds amazing man!
Old 11-10-15, 08:39 PM
INTMD8
Driver

Received 29 Likes on 7 Posts

Well that is interesting! Nicely done on the engine. Now you're giving me ideas

Edit- also wondering, how bad was getting the wiring figured out? (as for getting the cluster functioning)

Last edited by INTMD8; 11-10-15 at 08:47 PM.
Old 11-11-15, 11:24 AM
sr20dets13
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by INTMD8
Well that is interesting! Nicely done on the engine. Now you're giving me ideas

Edit- also wondering, how bad was getting the wiring figured out? (as for getting the cluster functioning)
wiring took almost 8mo. i mean that wasn't 8 hours a day but there were tons of things to figure out. getting the back up cams to engage when the 6sp is put into reverse. taking apart the whole stock shifter assembly and finding it riddled with clips and sensors that do so many different things. when you put it in drive the mirrors move, steering wheel moves, when you put it in park.. you get what I'm saying there are so many computers on the car i think 17 onboard. can't remember but wiring was def the tough part. we were having a issue with obd2 ports also. first we tried running the ls obd2 but it would put the system to a limp mode and motor controls worked but no heads up or anything else lol. so adapted the obd2 to from the lex to the ls and bam everything popped on.. Daft innovations in modesto is my shop and the dude over there name is rich and he's a beast with fab work and stuff like this swap. not many people have the ability to make a swap like this come together, let alone come together and function like a stock cts-v. cars truly bad ***. seeing it in person most people can't believe it.
Old 11-11-15, 04:43 PM
toddmorr
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by sr20dets13
not many people have the ability to make a swap like this come together, let alone come together and function like a stock cts-v
no kidding. Utmost respect for the skills and patience necessary to do something like this.

Last edited by lobuxracer; 11-15-17 at 11:26 PM.
Old 11-11-15, 08:57 PM
PRSUIT460
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Put me on the list if it ever goes for sale Not too soon though, I need to save some money :P
Old 11-13-15, 07:39 AM
BGG
Pole Position

Man this thing is truly unbelievable. I really cannot wait to see some vids. Any reason you opted for the ls3 as opposed to a 2jz engine. You could could have dialed out the same kind of numbers and kept it jdm.
Old 11-13-15, 09:12 PM
JHC828
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by BGG
Man this thing is truly unbelievable. I really cannot wait to see some vids. Any reason you opted for the ls3 as opposed to a 2jz engine. You could could have dialed out the same kind of numbers and kept it jdm.
I thought the same thing. That's another engine that is capable of amazing power. Can't beat the sound of a V8 though!
Old 11-14-15, 03:16 AM
sr20dets13
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BGG
I have a 2jz powered car I'm building at the moment, a gs300. Theres a couple huge reasons why GM LS is a better choice for my build. One big reason is to make any power with the 2jz you have to go stand alone, toyota computers are for the most part untunable. One huge reason the LS is such a great motor swap is its ecm, they have the best ecms in the industry, just flash a tune from your laptop. When you go stand alone you lose close to all of your luxury ammenities. yes i could have swapped the stock 2jzgte and had decent 300hp maybe 400hp and probably adapted the Aristo harness. another reason is a 2jz has been done in japan. 3 the LS is actually a lighter mother set then 2j. The biggest reason for me was to be the first and only person in the world to do this to a ls430, and not only to do it but set a bar hard to beat.

Last edited by sr20dets13; 11-14-15 at 03:19 AM.
Old 02-12-16, 10:25 AM
seve7
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im curious about this swap, what functions did you lose during the swap, were you able to get all the dummy lights off, and what were some of the main hurdles you had to deal with integrating the gm ecu to the lexus body.
Old 02-12-16, 12:49 PM
semar
Advanced

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

@ 17
Likewise fan of the Volvette.
This one was also interesting. Note the distributor mod
Old 11-07-17, 04:26 PM
lt1fire
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

so what ever happened to this?
Old 11-08-17, 09:55 PM
Scootymad
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

This thing is awesome; the LS430 would really benefit from more displacement to shift its heavy **** down the road. I'm looking at a 2UZ swap at some stage partially for this reason, but mainly to do bigger burnouts. Once the 3UZ dies or kicks the rods out I'll do the swap
Old 11-11-17, 10:26 AM
lt1fire
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Scootymad
This thing is awesome; the LS430 would really benefit from more displacement to shift its heavy **** down the road. I'm looking at a 2UZ swap at some stage partially for this reason, but mainly to do bigger burnouts. Once the 3UZ dies or kicks the rods out I'll do the swap

You may be waiting for a long, long time.... LOL
These things can run forever

I said the same thing about my 92 land cruiser... .once the underpowered I6 dies i'll swap in a diesel..... 10 years later and a metric ton of miles I had to sell it when I moved.... thing still ran perfectly
Old 11-13-17, 12:04 AM
Scootymad
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by lt1fire
You may be waiting for a long, long time.... LOL
These things can run forever

I said the same thing about my 92 land cruiser... .once the underpowered I6 dies i'll swap in a diesel..... 10 years later and a metric ton of miles I had to sell it when I moved.... thing still ran perfectly

With my chosen sport, sooner or later this here 140,000 mile 3UZ will die. I'm not going to intentionally give it a crap reason to die like running it without oil, but either by kicking the rods out or dumping all its water, either way, Auzzie style burnouts are pretty hard on engines. Even Lynchy lunched his original LS1, and his current LS2 on E85, carbs, a cam and springs will eventually die, because that's just how it is.

Quick Reply: Worlds first ls3 ls430 gets a bigger motor