LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Ls430 push start ... It works !!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-15, 08:01 PM
dxbwanted
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ls430 push start ... It works !!!

Hey club lexus,
I've been searching for this mod and look where i end up... JAPAN !!! ... Just look at the proffessionalism guyz , but i dont know what kit they used and how !!! ...
Follow the links below

Cheers,
Habib
Old 08-15-15, 08:12 PM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 308 Likes on 228 Posts

I just want to know where I can get 2 copies of that awesome music in the first video...

In all seriousness, I have a hard time trusting after market ignition and alarm systems. I think you asking for trouble.
Old 08-15-15, 11:57 PM
dxbwanted
Driver School Candidate

Your concern is much respected but i feel its totally safe. Here is what i think, as we know the ls430 smart access concept the engine will ignite if i just turned the smart key slot ( without entering the key ) if you had the key in your hand or close to the unit. By swapping the turning ignition switch to a push ignition switch we are simply changing the mode of passing the electric signals, meanwhile the smart sensors work the same way. This is what my research tells me, i know its not as simple as i said but yes its possible. I would appreciate a much more experienced member to jump in and may be explain better.

Meanwhile enjoy the following video, its next levelll !!!

Cheers
Old 08-16-15, 02:25 AM
1QWKGS4
Pole Position

Received 37 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by dxbwanted
Your concern is much respected but i feel its totally safe. Here is what i think, as we know the ls430 smart access concept the engine will ignite if i just turned the smart key slot ( without entering the key ) if you had the key in your hand or close to the unit. By swapping the turning ignition switch to a push ignition switch we are simply changing the mode of passing the electric signals, meanwhile the smart sensors work the same way. This is what my research tells me, i know its not as simple as i said but yes its possible. I would appreciate a much more experienced member to jump in and may be explain better.

Meanwhile enjoy the following video, its next levelll !!!

‚ƒ‚‚30ŒœŸ Œ˜ƒ—ƒƒ‚ƒ‚‚ƒƒˆ&‚ƒ‚ƒ‚‚ƒ‚ƒ˜‚‚*ƒƒƒ†‚ - YouTube

Cheers
Originally Posted by Lavrishevo
I just want to know where I can get 2 copies of that awesome music in the first video...

In all seriousness, I have a hard time trusting after market ignition and alarm systems. I think you asking for trouble.
This is what the OP is talking about.. (Read below)

I had an Ultra pkg LS 430 that had the smart access key that "turned a switch Dial" that you turn without the need of entering the key (it was setup to accept the smart key if the battery was dead too) but you didn't need to. Just keep your key in pocket and "turn the switch".. It would be easy to convert that into a push button.. I personally like the Factory "Turn Style" smart access. but I think converting to a push button is SAFE to do so.. Not like the After market systems where you would have to cut your metal key and insert it permanently in the ignition and then re-cap the ignition opening for the button..

Lexus Factory key (Smart Access)

This a factory key system

Close up on ignition
Old 08-16-15, 04:56 AM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 308 Likes on 228 Posts

I was not really talking about safety but reliability. I have the smart key systems and it's convenient for sure.
Old 08-16-15, 05:21 AM
dxbwanted
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lavrishevo
I was not really talking about safety but reliability. I have the smart key systems and it's convenient for sure.
Well you are right but i feel this modern option shall b on a 430. Makes it look more luxurious and at the end its more like style then reliability ... Iam very confused, why dont i see a single working thread on this mod.
Old 08-16-15, 09:03 AM
KING
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

That **** is CRAZY!!

I always had it on my mind. As you said, it adds a huge touch of modern-ness to the car.

I think I read somewhere, that a guy once retro-fitted the new Avalon's button on his 430, but didn't have more info on the subject.

So if you have ANY other information, that'd be great. I'll have my Japanese bud take a look at this video, see if he can figure anything out.
Old 08-16-15, 02:51 PM
toddmorr
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

very interesting. I happen to speak japanese, and the video didn't really have much info beyond explanation of what happens when you push the button, first, second, etc times. Self evident. I kinda don't like having to press the brake to actually start the car but maybe that's good for safety. My push start G37 requires the clutch pedal be depressed, regardless of gear. Anyway, i agree it makes the car much more modern in appearance.....would seriously look at implementing this mod, as long as someone else goes first...ha.
Old 08-16-15, 09:34 PM
dxbwanted
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tHeKiNg911
That **** is CRAZY!!

I always had it on my mind. As you said, it adds a huge touch of modern-ness to the car.

I think I read somewhere, that a guy once retro-fitted the new Avalon's button on his 430, but didn't have more info on the subject.

So if you have ANY other information, that'd be great. I'll have my Japanese bud take a look at this video, see if he can figure anything out.
Sure we can do this mod, if any member with good electrical knowledge can share a bit more.

What sort of avalon button's, if you could specify?

About that japanese buddy is no help, the video basically explains whats happening but the question "HOW" still remains unanswered.
Old 08-16-15, 09:44 PM
dxbwanted
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by toddmorr
very interesting. I happen to speak japanese, and the video didn't really have much info beyond explanation of what happens when you push the button, first, second, etc times. Self evident. I kinda don't like having to press the brake to actually start the car but maybe that's good for safety. My push start G37 requires the clutch pedal be depressed, regardless of gear. Anyway, i agree it makes the car much more modern in appearance.....would seriously look at implementing this mod, as long as someone else goes first...ha.
To be very frank that combination of brake thing really got me impressed. Its safer and it gives it a bit more original sense. I dont mind going first though, i'm willing to risk it for you guyz .

You see iam from U.A.E - dubai and its a pain finding stuffs for Ls430, so iam visiting thailand next month!

Cheers
Old 08-17-15, 02:01 PM
KING
Lexus Test Driver

Sure we can do this mod, if any member with good electrical knowledge can share a bit more.

What sort of avalon button's, if you could specify?

About that japanese buddy is no help, the video basically explains whats happening but the question "HOW" still remains unanswered.

If I remember correctly, the person used a 2012 Avalon's push button, like the one I have attached under. ''''

If you ever do get it set up, please include as much detailed information and pics as possible. And good luck, the 430 army has got your back.
Old 08-17-15, 09:01 PM
dxbwanted
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by tHeKiNg911
If I remember correctly, the person used a 2012 Avalon's push button, like the one I have attached under. ''''

If you ever do get it set up, please include as much detailed information and pics as possible. And good luck, the 430 army has got your back.
Hahaha sure .... I believe most of the push buttons come in same standard size, if thats the case than i'd rather go for this - TRD

http://www.jdmpit.com/img/TRD%20PushStartSwitch%203.JPG

I have just ordered a 2006, it shall be here in a month. Till then I want to grab maximum information on it before goofing around.

Cheers,
Attached Thumbnails Ls430 push start ... It works !!!-trd-20pushstartswitch-203.jpg  
Old 08-18-15, 12:16 AM
KING
Lexus Test Driver

Hahaha sure .... I believe most of the push buttons come in same standard size, if thats the case than i'd rather go for this - TRD

http://www.jdmpit.com/img/TRD%20PushStartSwitch%203.JPG

I have just ordered a 2006, it shall be here in a month. Till then I want to grab maximum information on it before goofing around.

Cheers,
Yeaa, not a fan of that red button, except if you have a crazy interior build.

Anyways, here is a guy who did this on his S2000, there are some wiring diagrams, maybe someone could replicate on the 430. I know Lexus is way more complicated with their computer wirings than Honda's, but give it a try.

http://www.mr2.com/forums/threads/32...tton-Installed
Old 08-18-15, 02:53 PM
FlaPhil
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

How would the push button work with the first turn/second turn positions on the standard lock? The first position powers up the radio, windows etc without starting the engine. Also, I guess you would lose the ability to use the backup regular key. Not really a big deal, just an observation.

I'll watch with interest.
Old 08-19-15, 08:01 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

I'll have to keep an eye on this thread. I've been wondering about this for years, but I never saw a thread on it before.

Quick Reply: Ls430 push start ... It works !!!