LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Weathertech Digi-fit floor mats

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-15, 07:50 AM
KingLS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weathertech Digi-fit floor mats

I was pretty disappointed when I discovered that these mats weren't available for the ls430, considering I've enjoyed having them in my last few vehicles. Although, I have seen in some other posts that the "LS460" mats fit suprisingly well. Does anybody have these mats in their car that could include a pic or comment of how well they actually fit?
Old 05-29-15, 10:14 AM
takimanpgt
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I can vouch that the LS460 mats do fit and work within the LS430 cabin. The preformed corners do not hug the contours of the floor as one would expect if they had been made for a LS430 BUT it does not preclude them from giving you the protection you are looking for.

I have them removed from car currently or I would offer pics.
Old 05-29-15, 10:46 AM
KingLS
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the response, but my concern is how "noticeable" the difference is for a meticulous owner as myself. Does the average Joe even notice the difference? Anyone else have a pic to share? Not willing to settle for universal rubber mats...yet.
Old 05-29-15, 11:05 AM
KING
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Same thing I had to go through.

The 460's aren't an exact fit on the 430's, couldn't leave them on because they just didn't look right. They also didn't provide the protection that was advertised to do.
Old 05-29-15, 05:09 PM
takimanpgt
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by KingLS
Thanks for the response, but my concern is how "noticeable" the difference is for a meticulous owner as myself. Does the average Joe even notice the difference? Anyone else have a pic to share? Not willing to settle for universal rubber mats...yet.
I am as meticulous as you probably and I notice the difference only because I know they are not made for the LS430. Average Joe would never even know. As for protection I am really not sure what the other poster thinks protection should be but the mats have high sidewalls that protect wintry water from going on the mats. Your right foot is what matters most because whether the mats were made for a 460 or 430 - the WeatherTech design has no "lip" under the gas pedal (probably because of Toyota's unintended acceleration woes) therefore making it easier for dirt to get on carpet if shoe isn't stomped clean of either snow or dirt. But I found this to be true even with the other winter mats I have - these have ridges in the flat surface but no lip on the sides. Carpets got dirty much easier with this design.

I would have offered a pic but the mats are up in the attic in a box. Let me see how the weekend goes (errands, family, life, etc ) and if I can drag the box out, will be happy to post a pic or two of the actual fit on both the driver and passenger side.
Old 05-29-15, 08:39 PM
LS430inDE.
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts
Default things that make you go HMMmmmmm.

So, let me get this straight. There's at least 3 owners of their product speaking up here on the forum, but none of them have them installed on their cars anymore? Things that make you go HHHMMMmmmmmm....

On a side note and to add to the disappointment bandwagon, I was searching, several months ago, for that 'perfect' birthday present for a 16 year old new driver (my gf's daughter) and her 2006 Ford Focus. I wanted to buy their 'best' style of floormats, the "DIGITAL" floormats (LOL) Guess what? They don't even MAKE them for a Ford Focus!

Needless to say, I sent an email to the company telling them to stop plastering the radio with their advertisements if they aren't going to support floormats for such a basic and common car as a Ford Focus. Before you ask, no. I didn't receive a response.
Old 05-30-15, 12:55 PM
KingLS
Driver School Candidate

Anyone else have any "useful" information?
Old 05-30-15, 05:24 PM
LSKelvin
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If it makes anyone feel any better, the digi fits for my 4Runner don't fit any better than what's described above. I much prefer the Husky liners anyway. Got them in my moms GX and they fit much better, they stay put, and they provide better traction.

Shame neither are offered for the LS430.
Old 05-31-15, 06:31 AM
takimanpgt
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by LS430inDE.
So, let me get this straight. There's at least 3 owners of their product speaking up here on the forum, but none of them have them installed on their cars anymore? Things that make you go HHHMMMmmmmmm....
The only reason they are off is for the summer.