LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Fuse location for LS430 puddle light in the door mirror

Old 05-07-15, 04:28 PM
swiftls460
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Fuse location for LS430 puddle light in the door mirror

I was changing out the bulb in the passenger puddle light under the door mirror and now the light doesnt work. It was working before I pulled the bulb out so it has to be a fuse. I even plugged the old bulb and still didnt work. I dont have a owners manual so can anyone confirm the fuse location. thanks guys.
Old 05-07-15, 04:57 PM
rkw77080
Lexus Champion

Received 675 Likes on 462 Posts

Here are all the Power Mirror related fuses...
Old 05-07-15, 05:00 PM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

mine had the same problem when changing to LEDs. I just unplugged the plug, reinstalled the bulb and it worked again. you may or may not have to lock and unlock the car a few times with the key.
Old 05-07-15, 05:06 PM
swiftls460
Rookie

Originally Posted by rkw77080
Here are all the Power Mirror related fuses...

Thanks for the diagram but I have no clue how to read it lol Doesnt show the fuse location
Old 05-07-15, 05:32 PM
rkw77080
Lexus Champion

Sorry... Most of the power mirror related fuses are in either the Driver-side fuse-box or the Passenger-side fuse box (see arrows in diagram below). The fuses that you should check within these boxes are circled in red.

Look for the 2 fuses: "MPX-IG" and "AM1" in the Drive-side fuse box (see fuses circled in picture below)

Look for the following 4 fuses: "D DOOR", "P DOOR", "MPX-B1", and "MPX-B3" in the Passenger-side fuse box (see fuses circled in picture below)

Please let me know if you have questions.

Last edited by rkw77080; 05-07-15 at 05:37 PM.
Old 05-12-15, 12:30 AM
swiftls460
Rookie

Sorry... Most of the power mirror related fuses are in either the Driver-side fuse-box or the Passenger-side fuse box (see arrows in diagram below). The fuses that you should check within these boxes are circled in red.

Look for the 2 fuses: "MPX-IG" and "AM1" in the Drive-side fuse box (see fuses circled in picture below)

Look for the following 4 fuses: "D DOOR", "P DOOR", "MPX-B1", and "MPX-B3" in the Passenger-side fuse box (see fuses circled in picture below)

Thanks I appreciate that. I'll pop each of those fuses you circled and see which one blew. Thanks again !
Old 07-06-20, 12:31 PM
NLLex
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

I am looking for the interior light fuse or even better, the door mirror bulb. I want to use this pulse to connect with other leds so when I am walking to the car, the lights will go on. I tried all of these fuses but non of them were from the mirror bulb or from the interior dome. Almost all of them gave a continuous 12v whatever I did with locking or unlocking the car.

Is there maybe another place where I can find the fuse?
Old 07-06-20, 03:37 PM
rkw77080
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by NLLex
I am looking for the interior light fuse or even better, the door mirror bulb. I want to use this pulse to connect with other leds so when I am walking to the car, the lights will go on. I tried all of these fuses but non of them were from the mirror bulb or from the interior dome. Almost all of them gave a continuous 12v whatever I did with locking or unlocking the car.

Is there maybe another place where I can find the fuse?
In general for the LS430, the fuses do not power light bulbs directly. Instead, they power the related ECU to "conditionally" turn on/off the lights. As the example you gave above, the ECU monitors for your FOB and lights up the bulb as you approach. So for what you want to do, you should tap power down stream of the ECU.

The ECU is located inside each of the front doors. Look for a Yellow wire (terminal 2) for positive and Black/Red wire (terminal 12) for negative.

Last edited by rkw77080; 07-06-20 at 05:49 PM.
Old 07-07-20, 01:08 AM
NLLex
Intermediate

In general for the LS430, the fuses do not power light bulbs directly. Instead, they power the related ECU to "conditionally" turn on/off the lights. As the example you gave above, the ECU monitors for your FOB and lights up the bulb as you approach. So for what you want to do, you should tap power down stream of the ECU.

The ECU is located inside each of the front doors. Look for a Yellow wire (terminal 2) for positive and Black/Red wire (terminal 12) for negative.

Wouw I amazed. Thanks so much. This is very very good information. Are you working at the Lexus electrical department?

I will take off my door panel and thats a good moment to check the little holes for rust. (from the out-under side plastic covers)
Do you maybe know if its easy to guide a new electrical line through the rubber hose? (I mean the hose where the original wires are going from the door to inside)

Cutting the yellow cable open and solder a new cable on it would look the nicest but I know from experience that it can be a little moisture in there. How about just sticking the new cable in the female connector without any soldering and stick the plug back in place. Would that work?
The positive part is that I keep the original wire harness as original as possible and no risk with water problems.

Since you know a lot about electronics. Maybe you have an idea about my high freq. noise problem too?
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...id-system.html
Old 07-07-20, 01:03 PM
NLLex
Intermediate

The way inside the car is extremely difficult from the passenger side! Its a small wonder that I found out how to get in and its a crazy way. There is a screw that holds the fuse box. m8 I believe. Demount that screw and thats the entry or exit where the cable can go through. A hard nylon helping wire is needed to steer a little bit.. So happy that I succeed without making any holes or breaking something. Tomorrow ill solder the cable on.

I think I am going to use a relay for this purpose. Cant be secure enough.