Fellas with BC coilovers extreme drop

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-15, 11:15 AM
KING
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Question Fellas with BC coilovers extreme drop

Hey guys, how's it going?

I am in the process of ordering the BC coilovers set for my LS430.
But just can't decide if I should get the extreme drop version or not.

I want to know that I have a very low drop in my back pocket, you know for future projects if I ever wanted to go any lower than 3 inches. The standard set will drop just about 3 inches, and at it's highest setting cranked up, it would be lower than OEM by 1 inch. (All according to BC + CircuitMS)

Now for the extreme drop version, it will go crazy low, but the problem is, at it's highest settings cranked all the way up the extreme drop version will be lower than OEM ride height by about ~2 or ~2.5 inches. Which is no good. That's too low if I ever wanted to be riding somewhere close to stock.

I like having the good of both worlds. Any one with an experience please feel free to chime in much obliged.

Btw, I'm going with 12k,10k SWIFT spring rates.

Thanks.
Old 02-12-15, 03:12 AM
lvLS430
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im sure you saw my recent post. I have the extreme drop, and the rears aren't even that low. Im in the process of confirming that I even got the extreme drop kit to begin with. I haven't checked to see how high the car would be when its cranked all the way up though.
Old 02-12-15, 05:39 AM
LiCelsior
Retired

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by lvLS430
im sure you saw my recent post. I have the extreme drop, and the rears aren't even that low. Im in the process of confirming that I even got the extreme drop kit to begin with. I haven't checked to see how high the car would be when its cranked all the way up though.
do you have a picture of the coils before install? extreme drop is usually shorter shock bodies and housing.
Old 02-12-15, 07:34 AM
KING
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by lvLS430
I definitely read your post, and that's what got me nervous about it in the first place.

I would love to hear more from you before the guys at CircuitMS process my order.

I want to go ahead and tell them to ship me the extreme drop version. But I don't want to get it and then find out that I will rub if I'm on the highest setting all the way up. That's the scary part.
Old 02-12-15, 08:37 AM
Celsior21
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It really comes down to what your plans are down the line. When you say you are worried about rub is that due to a change to different wheel size on top of your drop? Another solution would be to go with the regular bc and pair it with youzealand drop blocks or what not.

I am on the regular bc coilover before the extreme version came out. But i paired with Universal Air Suspension now and it sits perfectly for me.
Old 02-12-15, 12:30 PM
LsBanGer43
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got the regular BC's also non extreme drop and they are a bit to soft for what i wanted. and the rear didn't drop the car as much as i wanted i had a 2 finger gap in the rear. So if your planning to sit low with no gap i'd recommend going with the extreme drop with a 14k 12k set up. Just my opinion and experience. I also got the ss-pro kit and that helped a lot with the rear gap.
Old 02-12-15, 07:00 PM
KING
Lexus Test Driver

Appreciate all the suggestions.

I went ahead and ordered the extreme drop version. Fellas at CircuitMS Tristan and Paul did a great job of communication and trying to deliver me what I needed exactly. Always been very picky when it comes to buying anything, especially these coilovers which are one time deal, you either get what you thought you wanted or your expectations are shattered, and who would like that to happen to 'em??

Anyways, after talking with both BC and CMS, I have came to a decision which hopefully is translated to what I really want.

My idea was / if I got the coilovers I wanted to be at a lowered height that can remove the fender gap I have on my stock suspension. About ~2.5 inches of gap I'm estimating. I also wanted to know that I can go even lower whenever I wanted if I ever had any new plans.(going VIP)

..therefore the standard kit was not an option anymore, because the standard kit will give you just about ~3 inches of a drop, which sounded no good to me.

So why not just get the extreme drop version? Well, I thought if the extreme version can go very low, how about it's maximum height? Will I have any rubbing or fender problems if I was on the highest setting?
BC gave me their word for it, claiming the extreme drop version will sit lower than the OEM setup just by ~1.5 - 2 inches (AT IT's HIGHEST SETTING). So it will not cause any fender issues sitting at it's highest setting, which is exactly what I wanted to hear.

Again, all this very complicated information and questions came to an answer and were made possible by CircuitMS and BC, their tech help was amazing. Through phone and email. If you are ever considering coilovers, I would get it from them every time just because of this great customer service.

I will have a thread up once I get them, and will put them to the test.

All this information I shared here are based on an OEM setup of 245/45/18 wheels with stock 5 spoke rims.
Old 02-13-15, 11:58 AM
LsBanGer43
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tHeKiNg911
Appreciate all the suggestions.

I went ahead and ordered the extreme drop version. Fellas at CircuitMS Tristan and Paul did a great job of communication and trying to deliver me what I needed exactly. Always been very picky when it comes to buying anything, especially these coilovers which are one time deal, you either get what you thought you wanted or your expectations are shattered, and who would like that to happen to 'em??

Anyways, after talking with both BC and CMS, I have came to a decision which hopefully is translated to what I really want.

My idea was / if I got the coilovers I wanted to be at a lowered height that can remove the fender gap I have on my stock suspension. About ~2.5 inches of gap I'm estimating. I also wanted to know that I can go even lower whenever I wanted if I ever had any new plans.(going VIP)

..therefore the standard kit was not an option anymore, because the standard kit will give you just about ~3 inches of a drop, which sounded no good to me.

So why not just get the extreme drop version? Well, I thought if the extreme version can go very low, how about it's maximum height? Will I have any rubbing or fender problems if I was on the highest setting?
BC gave me their word for it, claiming the extreme drop version will sit lower than the OEM setup just by ~1.5 - 2 inches (AT IT's HIGHEST SETTING). So it will not cause any fender issues sitting at it's highest setting, which is exactly what I wanted to hear.

Again, all this very complicated information and questions came to an answer and were made possible by CircuitMS and BC, their tech help was amazing. Through phone and email. If you are ever considering coilovers, I would get it from them every time just because of this great customer service.

I will have a thread up once I get them, and will put them to the test.

All this information I shared here are based on an OEM setup of 245/45/18 wheels with stock 5 spoke rims.
I would be worried about your rears rubbing but since your on stocks then you'll be ok. but once your go after market wheels you'll need to cut the rear and roll the fronts. just a heads up an keep an eye out on your clearance on the fronts cause you might catch the lips when your turning and trying to climb a curb. (first hand experience)
Old 02-13-15, 02:23 PM
KING
Lexus Test Driver

LSBanger, defnitiley gotta keep an eye out for everything once the car is lowered. Thanks.
Old 11-20-17, 07:11 AM
yoitskenn
Lead Lap

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts

Any pics of the extreme drop on the max height on the rears?
Old 11-23-17, 07:23 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by yoitskenn
Any pics of the extreme drop on the max height on the rears?
I'll have to find a picture of my sister's LS on BC Extreme Drops. They are crazy low at max height compared to my Megan EZ's.
Old 11-26-17, 12:17 PM
05ls430518
Pole Position

Received 188 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by KING
LSBanger, defnitiley gotta keep an eye out for everything once the car is lowered. Thanks.
This is my ls430 with the regular bc with 16k springs front 14k springs rear.

These are 20x8.5 rims that lis about a 1 finger gap

The rims only rub the front fender liner if I hit a decent pothole or frost heave. Other than that they never rub at all I also have 16k springs front and 14k rear so it's stiff so less spring travel and such.

Last edited by 05ls430518; 11-26-17 at 12:23 PM.
Old 11-26-17, 03:54 PM
Gee44
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm looking to get a set of coilovers as well and looking at the BCs. I see some people are mentioning 12k front and 10k rear. Is this a better ride for the LS going with a 16k front and 14k rear? Is it too stiff or smooth ride?

I have a set of 20x9f 20x10r TrafficStar DTX waiting to install.

Thanks,
Gee
Old 11-26-17, 03:58 PM
Bhubb18
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gee44
I'm looking to get a set of coilovers as well and looking at the BCs. I see some people are mentioning 12k front and 10k rear. Is this a better ride for the LS going with a 16k front and 14k rear? Is it too stiff or smooth ride?

Thanks,
Gee
One thing to factor in with softer springs is that you obviously get more suspension travel. If you're already really low, that means a lot more chance of bottoming out
Old 11-28-17, 09:09 PM
05ls430518
Pole Position

Received 188 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Gee44

Thanks,
Gee
Honestly man I was setting the car up to handle like a track car so that's why I went with that high of a spring rate I feel every bump in the road but it feels like the same ride in a stock 2014 subie impreza but that's just my opinion.

I love the ride and handling though and would not trade it for anything lol

Quick Reply: Fellas with BC coilovers extreme drop