LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Beatsonic mva24L question

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-14, 11:25 PM
lvLS430
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Beatsonic mva24L question

I have a 2004 UL with factory nav and mark levinson. My ML amp finally crapped out and after some research, I am considering the beatsonic kit + aftermarket double din stereo + aftermarket door speakers. From what I understand, the beatsonic kit is plug and play. Again, from what I understand, the amplified audio signal from the aftermarket head unit goes through ML amp, thus being amplified again and causing distortion.

Now, my question is, if the ML amp is dead, will any audio reach the speakers? Has anyone installed an aftermarket head unit and bypassed the ML amp? And if so, how?

I don't want to run new wires to the door speakers. And i think the aftermarket head unit's internal amp will power the door speakers fine. But I do plan on adding mono amp to power a sub.

Im not a professional installer, but I do have basic stereo knowledge, but if my thought process is all wrong, please help clarify. Thanks!
Old 12-09-14, 04:31 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Short version: No, you need everything working properly for the BeatSonic setup.
use the search function to find more threads on the subject. .

Theres a used ML amp in the classified section btw.
Old 12-09-14, 12:49 PM
lvLS430
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DriftGirl
Short version: No, you need everything working properly for the BeatSonic setup.
use the search function to find more threads on the subject. .

Theres a used ML amp in the classified section btw.
Thanks for the reply. I've done searches and found that many members complete an install and say they'll do a write up, but they never do. I've been running in circles looking at all the different options.

I'm glad you replied because I wanted to PM you to ask about your set up. I wasn't sure if you were actively on the site. Can you tell me about your set up? Thanks!
Old 12-09-14, 04:19 PM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm not so sure I'd be much help...My cars A/V system has been completely "Hacked" and re-built to my liking

The most simple way would be to get your ML amp repaired with new caps. They'll also check the fan that fails before the amp dies.

I know theres a company in Georgia and one in sandiego that specialize in ML repairs. Cant recall the names but I found them here on CL.

orrrr, buy the one in the classifieds and get the beatsonic dashkit/wire harness. Its actually a really nice piece. I had a couple for re-sale but they went fast at the price I listed the at.
Old 12-09-14, 09:53 PM
lvLS430
Driver School Candidate

Well, the set up im considering now would be:
-aftermarket headunit / beatsonic kit
- 5 channel amp
-aftermarket components
-aftermarket subwoofer.

Basically changing everything. Im just wondering how everyone did their wiring.
Old 09-23-15, 05:30 PM
whooodat
Pit Crew

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by lvLS430
Well, the set up im considering now would be:
-aftermarket headunit / beatsonic kit
- 5 channel amp
-aftermarket components
-aftermarket subwoofer.

Basically changing everything. Im just wondering how everyone did their wiring.
lvLS430 I'm in the same boat as you!

Got quote from this one store that was going to tap into the OEM speaker wire which was just below $700 for the whole job. I'm going to install new wire for the front and rear speakers. Fronts will have no tweeter because I don't want to ruin the door panel by modding them, some with the rears will have no tweeters and just two-way speakers. I'll be taking out the old ML subwoofer and replace with a loaded box with a 12" subwoofer to get deep bass because free air really doesn't pack a deep bass sound. I'll have 1 amplifier power the door speakers.
-aftermarket headunit latest and great double-din / beatsonic kit- $622
- (1) 4 channel amps- $194
-aftermarket components- (2) 6.5 two way $155
-aftermarket powered/loaded subwoofer with slim box.- $175
-4 Gauge power wire and 8 gauge ground & power wire- going to the distribution blocks, JL Audio 16 gauge speaker wire (72 feet of it), RCA's, Bass controller, (2) distribution blocks= $355

TOTAL= $1,501 parts only

I'm going take out all the ML speakers, tweeters, and subwoofer- and rewire everything to the new head-unit and new amplifier. I don't know when I'll do this but hopefully before year end. It's a lot of work but I really don't want to pay $700 just for tapping into the OEM harness, plus the new wires will handle the extra power for the two new amplifiers and audio equipment.

Hope this helps

UPDATE******************************************************************************

Installed all of the above (took around 30 hours to get everything perfect) and blows away the 9 speaker ML system, and now I only have 5 speakers everything sounds 1,000 X clearer (no tweeters- just two way 6.5's in all doors). Front seats, rear seats, center console, truck, and door panels were all removed. If I had ABT or Best Buy run the new wire throughout the car it would be over a $5,000 for the total job (labor $80+ per hour is just too much to pay). I wanted to keep the stock wiring untouched and no tapping into the harnesses (just in case I ever sell the car the person can go back to the ML system. The toughest part of this project was running the speaker wire throughout the car, fishing it through the rubber booties of the all the doors, and customizing the speaker brackets (Dremel).

Last edited by whooodat; 11-02-15 at 06:45 PM.