LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Aux input in LS430

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-14, 02:31 PM
honasbone
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like iSimple offers a solution - but only supports 05/06 LS 430. USA Spec's website is sort of down at the moment. Not sure what years their products cover. But they seem to be limited to only ipod and bluetooth integration. No USB.

Any other thoughts out there?
Old 07-01-14, 02:43 PM
greg s
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Vaistech specializes in toyota/lexus and word on the street is that they are by far the best.
Old 07-01-14, 03:01 PM
honasbone
Driver

EDITED:

Looks like my mediabridge is not yet for sale The folks at neo car audio have a cable to convert the wire harness for the guy to match up with a 2001 LS 430 with NAV. Just ordered. Hope that fixes my issue. If not then...

$130 + shipping takes it. Works for 2003 - 2006 models.

learn more about it here. Seems like a cleaner piece of kit than the Grom which is why I went for it.

Amazon.com : Audiovox AMBR-1500-TOY - MediaBridge with Bluetooth for Toyota : Vehicle Wireless Audio Cell Phone Car Kits : Car Electronics Amazon.com : Audiovox AMBR-1500-TOY - MediaBridge with Bluetooth for Toyota : Vehicle Wireless Audio Cell Phone Car Kits : Car Electronics
. Will work with 2003+ LS 430s among other models.

Last edited by honasbone; 07-02-14 at 10:44 AM. Reason: New info available
Old 07-01-14, 04:04 PM
Tom57
Pole Position

Received 67 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by greg s
After my experience with the grom unit I have decided to go bluetooth only with the Vaistech unit. The bluetooth sound quality is 85-90% of cd quality which is good enough to have the convenience of no wires and ability to listen to anything through from my phone.
I ran a Clarion USB port attached to the inside wall of the arm rest glove box. Bluetooth is easy, but I like to charge the phone through the USB connection especially while it's in use which also eliminates the need for a separate car charger. The digital sound is really pretty good.
Old 07-02-14, 10:46 AM
honasbone
Driver

Originally Posted by Tom57
I ran a Clarion USB port attached to the inside wall of the arm rest glove box. Bluetooth is easy, but I like to charge the phone through the USB connection especially while it's in use which also eliminates the need for a separate car charger. The digital sound is really pretty good.
Interesting. Do you have a Clarion head unit? Or does it install into a factory stereo?
Old 07-02-14, 01:15 PM
Tom57
Pole Position

Originally Posted by honasbone
Interesting. Do you have a Clarion head unit? Or does it install into a factory stereo?
The Clarion cable is a USB extension that plugs into USB port on the VaisTech MML unit. Drill hole directly adjacent to 12-volt outlet in armrest glove compartment. Voila! There is your USB connection for the VaisTech. See >

http://www.qualitymobilevideo.com/cc...FQeHaQod55QAvg
Old 07-02-14, 01:57 PM
BradTank
Racer

Received 170 Likes on 116 Posts

My 2004 LS had satellite radio when I purchased it. I'm not sure if it's aftermarket or came from the factory. If I went with a Vaistech system, will I also have to buy their Sirius adapter for my satellite radio to work? Or can I use the tuner that's already there?

I've definitely had bad luck with aftermarket iPod/iPhone adapters that go into the factory head units, that's what has kept me from getting one of these for my LS. They always seem incredibly buggy. Every brand I've tried has all sorts of issues.

I'd be happy with just a single headphone jack and control everything from my device. It's hard to screw that up.
Old 07-02-14, 01:58 PM
greg s
Driver

You can get that with either grom or vaistech.
Old 07-02-14, 04:25 PM
Tom57
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BradTank
My 2004 LS had satellite radio when I purchased it. I'm not sure if it's aftermarket or came from the factory. If I went with a Vaistech system, will I also have to buy their Sirius adapter for my satellite radio to work? Or can I use the tuner that's already there?

I've definitely had bad luck with aftermarket iPod/iPhone adapters that go into the factory head units, that's what has kept me from getting one of these for my LS. They always seem incredibly buggy. Every brand I've tried has all sorts of issues.

I'd be happy with just a single headphone jack and control everything from my device. It's hard to screw that up.
Brad, The VaisTech MML unit does not alter existing radio features, like satellite radio. (I have satellite in the '06.) When connected to your factory LS radio system, the VaisTech emulates another audio option. When the CD button is pressed, it toggles between "CD" or "MD" - the screen will show one or the other.
Old 07-06-14, 10:13 PM
aypues
Instructor

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

The Vaistech SL3B is the way to go. No wires, bluetooth streaming. On the LS430 it uses The Japanese market MD Changer option built into the oem stereo.
Attached Thumbnails Aux input in LS430-image.jpg  
Old 07-07-14, 02:53 PM
honasbone
Driver

Originally Posted by aypues
The Vaistech SL3B is the way to go. No wires, bluetooth streaming. On the LS430 it uses The Japanese market MD Changer option built into the oem stereo.
From what I can tell it looks like the SL3B does not allow playback through wired connections, such as the one required on my iPod classic. True? If so, there is a work around. I've seen folks that have purchased bluetooth adapters that plug into the iPod classis. Fairly clean But what about charging? And what about aptx support? Does the vaistech support aptx (high end audio codec for lossless bluetooth playback)?
Old 07-07-14, 05:14 PM
Tom57
Pole Position

If your music storage device does not support bluetooth, SL3b will not work. SL3b will work with any bluetooth device. No charging of device with wireless bluetooth. The Vaistech MML supports iPod classic, and charges the iOS device as well. The MML has slightly better sound quality than SL3b. Contact Eugene at VaisTech directly for other technical questions > info@vaistech.com .
Old 07-08-14, 07:16 AM
greg s
Driver

I have the vaistech sl3b installed now and can vouch that it has noticeably better sound quality than the grom bluetooth.
Old 07-08-14, 10:11 AM
forthewin
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great to hear greg s
I've ordered the Vaistech SL3B
Old 07-29-14, 05:39 PM
forthewin
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm happy to report the Vaistech SL3B Bluetooth sounds great on my base system...

Quick Reply: Aux input in LS430