LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Anyone have the Swift Sport Springs? Also, how much are OEM Sport dampers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-14, 12:24 PM
fooddude
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone have the Swift Sport Springs? Also, how much are OEM Sport dampers?

I know, and from what I've gathered, that the Tanabe DF and NF springs seem to be the most popular choices for lowering springs and are great choices. But, I am also very very interested in the Swift Sport lowering springs.

I know they are a super mild drop, at only F: -0.4" & R: -0.8".... but, for me, I am more interested in function/quality...and I would rather go for the Swift springs, because of their known quality, history and they are very highly regarded with people that track their cars regularly and used a lot for high performance and high end coilover replacements/applications.

The drop doesn't sound too bad at all actually - since the front drop makes the most difference in lowering appearance, and it is close to a full 1" ...while the rear is slightly higher and will give a nice rake and sportier/aggressive look.

Lastly, Swift lowering springs are known to be very conservative in describing their drop numbers in advertisements vs real world drop numbers - Swift always ends up lowering much more than their advertised numbers (as opposed to Eibach..which always seem to drop less, than their advertised numbers).

Anyone have Swift Sport springs on their LS430 or know of any pics?

Also, I have researched that the only damper/shock upgrades available are the OEM Sport and KYB. I will go for the OEM (nuthin better than OEM quality/reliability right? )

How much is a set of these OEM Sport dampers usually? Where to buy them?

I wish Bilstein made some nice dampers for the LS430

Thanks
Old 05-20-14, 04:22 PM
fooddude
Rookie

Also..are there any online DIY guides/threads for LS430(or similar) spring installations?

I most likely can do it, and also have done it, without instructions many times on different cars (as I've been working on cars and have also installed countless springs/coilovers on various cars since the early 90s, before internet car boards were even used)...but, just want to make sure I won't run into any funky weird obstacles like super compressed springs and such...doubt it, but just wanna play it safe, and might as well take advantage of the future that is the internet, lol
Old 05-20-14, 05:44 PM
fooddude
Rookie

Will this method work for installing springs without a compressor (this is how I've always been doing it for a long time with many different imports/cars/models):
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/8546033-post155.html

I think it'd work...never came across a single car that it didn't work with.

Edit:
Found a nice diy guide..might be very similar for the LS.
http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums...-installation/

Last edited by fooddude; 05-20-14 at 09:32 PM.