LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

What did you do to your LS430 today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-14, 06:40 PM
MrShirls
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just did my usual 250 miles worth of enjoyment...
Old 05-07-14, 03:41 PM
empringham
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

bought a harness that allows my HID fog lights to be my DRL's.

And new 6K low beams
Old 05-07-14, 05:53 PM
BMW7_LS430
Instructor

Received 125 Likes on 98 Posts

1. Changed Air filter with
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000C5SEPQ/ http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000C5SEPQ/
    As per the reviews this is the OEM filter for much less price than stealers.
  2. Removed oil fill cap and peeked in to see signs of Varnish if any. Next to nothing observed.
  3. Checked coolant level in the reservoir. It is right where I expected it to be.
Note: Water in coolant may evaporate over time, especially in hot climates. Mine evaporated and reservoir was empty in three years. Topped it off with distilled water few weeks ago and by now it is nicely mixed with existing coolant. Reservoir level is stable.
Old 05-07-14, 06:27 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

I got my new LS registered and put insurance on it.
Old 05-07-14, 08:07 PM
Bob04
Pole Position

Received 158 Likes on 117 Posts

I scheduled the 90K service. A little early at 85K miles, but I wanted to go ahead and get it done before we start traveling for the summer. Also getting a transmission drain and fill.

I love my LS430.
Old 05-08-14, 06:08 AM
OKSTANCE
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Kira X
I got my new LS registered and put insurance on it.
come get your oil changed so we can look it over on the lift! =]
Old 05-08-14, 02:23 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Smile

Originally Posted by OKSTANCE
come get your oil changed so we can look it over on the lift! =]
Yeah bro I've been thinking about it. I need to ask my neighbor when did he have the oil changed last.

I want to get it checked out since the brakes feel a little funny compared to my 05. My little sister really wants to mod it but I really like the car as it is stock. I might get her wheels or a sound system for her birthday.

Go figure. OKC's most modded Lexus owner driving a bone stock LS.
Old 05-08-14, 02:48 PM
1WILLY1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 194 Likes on 138 Posts

I just bought another LS430 today! It's a black on tan 2002.
Kira that's great , you should make a thread and show it off

Originally Posted by BMW7_LS430
No, it is not a V6 just because Avalon is.
lol I just did this same thing today , I actually copied kira after seeing it on his thread.

As for what I did today , I did the best thing ever, I cut a small color swatch out of the leather seats in the rear to have it matched at leatherique to re-do my drivers seat and various touch ups here and there.

I also installed the v8 badges as well, Im pissed cause my right side one is a tiny bit off center, not sure if its noticeable.

I also spent a few hours touching up some paint defects with the lexus marker I got from the dealer , its pretty useless but I guess its an improvement and helps protect against rust spots developing.

Little claybar and a full wax of car and wheels as well, very productive day for me and my car
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your LS430 today?-20140508_173245.jpg   What did you do to your LS430 today?-20140508_165503.jpg  
Old 05-08-14, 03:21 PM
OKSTANCE
Lead Lap

cant have that man! ill see if the wife will let me trade you for my ls and gs...i need a 430! suites me better lol
Old 05-08-14, 03:34 PM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 308 Likes on 228 Posts

I just bought another LS430 today! It's a black on tan 2002.
Congratulations Kira. How about some pics and a little history.
Old 05-09-14, 03:47 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Smile

Originally Posted by 1WILLY1
Kira that's great , you should make a thread and show it off

lol I just did this same thing today , I actually copied kira after seeing it on his thread.

As for what I did today , I did the best thing ever, I cut a small color swatch out of the leather seats in the rear to have it matched at leatherique to re-do my drivers seat and various touch ups here and there.

I also installed the v8 badges as well, Im pissed cause my right side one is a tiny bit off center, not sure if its noticeable.

I also spent a few hours touching up some paint defects with the lexus marker I got from the dealer , its pretty useless but I guess its an improvement and helps protect against rust spots developing.

Little claybar and a full wax of car and wheels as well, very productive day for me and my car
I might put some pics in my picture thread. So far it's just a stock LS.

It's cool seeing more people with the V8 badges like me now. Everyone asks me hhow come the 02 doesn't have any.

Your looks great as usual too!

cant have that man! ill see if the wife will let me trade you for my ls and gs...i need a 430! suites me better lol
Your cars are way cooler than my stock LS. That blue GS your wife drives is pretty rare too.

Originally Posted by Lavrishevo
Congratulations Kira. How about some pics and a little history.
Thank you! I'll put some pics in my thread later this morning.

As far as history goes it was my neighbor's car since it was new I think. I used to see it coming down the street every day and wished I had one like it. He was originally going to keep it and mod once he saw my modded 05 but ended up needing a new car. I got it for $4,000.

My little sister will be driving it once she gets her license this summer. She plans to lower it, do a custom exhaust, put in new speakers and subs, and some wheels on it.
Old 05-09-14, 06:20 AM
OKSTANCE
Lead Lap

sooo..trade then? =D how many miles does that have anyways??? hurry and bring it up here and i can print out the nation lexus history on it =]
Old 05-09-14, 07:28 AM
KING
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I am thinking of heading out now actually to get a transmission fluid change.

I've heard a lot about the transmission failing after changing the oil. But I have around 130k miles on my car, and according to the CarFax, the transmission oil has never been changed.

Wish me luck.
Old 05-09-14, 08:39 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Smile

sooo..trade then? =D how many miles does that have anyways??? hurry and bring it up here and i can print out the nation lexus history on it =]
No trade. My sister wanted an LS so bad after I bought mine a few years ago. It's got 235,000 miles on it. I'll try to bring it next week. I'm driving the 05 today.
Old 05-09-14, 09:39 AM
blematta
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got my 2004 back from its 90k service (done at 89,500 miles). Timing belt was beginning to show cracks parallel to the teeth, and the mechanic said it was definitely ready for replacement. The water pump was leaking a little, but the weep hole was clogged, so I never saw the leak. Rear differential and transmission fluid looked good. The whole service cost about $1,150, using Sewell Lexus parts and the services of a great independent Minneapolis shop, Paul Williams Tire and Auto Service.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your LS430 today?