LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

18 inch hre 560 c on ls430

Old 02-23-14, 12:06 PM
lexusls4
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 18 inch hre 560 c on ls430

I like 18 inch wheel ,so I'm debating on a set on Hre for My LS430. I'm not sure about Hre wheel ,how they hold up on the weight of this two ton sedan. I'm aware that forged wheels are over hyped in quality and strength. I have had a few set that bent on me over small potholes . I had a set of Bersalagio by works slightly bent and was very disappointed . I haven't heard much about Hre but are they any good ?
Old 02-23-14, 12:14 PM
bmore430
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Have seen hre wheels on a lot of big dollar builds on corvettes, supras, shelbys etc in the 800 plus horsepower range that track them and street driven. Never heard of any complaints with quality out of that company.
Old 02-23-14, 01:22 PM
username32
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bmore430
Have seen hre wheels on a lot of big dollar builds on corvettes, supras, shelbys etc in the 800 plus horsepower range that track them and street driven. Never heard of any complaints with quality out of that company.
Actually ive heard a number of them cracking, granted im sure its guys who track their car but i have seen a few crack its barrels. In fact you can simply google "hre crack" and a ton of photos come up.
Old 02-23-14, 01:28 PM
username32
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusls4
I like 18 inch wheel ,so I'm debating on a set on Hre for My LS430. I'm not sure about Hre wheel ,how they hold up on the weight of this two ton sedan. I'm aware that forged wheels are over hyped in quality and strength. I have had a few set that bent on me over small potholes . I had a set of Bersalagio by works slightly bent and was very disappointed . I haven't heard much about Hre but are they any good ?
Actually any wheel can bend or crack with a low profile tire and a big enough dip or pothole. Even high end Volk Racing wheels will succumb to bending if you were to hit a pothole with low pro tires. Although 18" wheels is pretty small so its hardly a low profile with a normal sized tire i think it should be good.
Old 02-23-14, 05:20 PM
lexusls4
Pit Crew

Yes , I learn the hard way when I ran 20s on My 7 series . The tire went flat and the car didn't feel any diffrent beside the noise , but any wheel with a deep lip will have more chance of bending . I have seen bbs wheels bend too on My Honda's . I guess no wheels is indestructible . That is why I stick to 18 inch . Anyways I love Hre wheels just never wanted to spend that kind of cash on a pair of shoes ,but hey what can I say I love My LS . HRE are very exclusive wheels , just like My baby . I already a ok on The deal so once I have it mount ill post some picture of it . I love this wheel ,its so sexy .
Old 02-23-14, 07:19 PM
Stu
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts

HRE wheels are probably one of the most expensive wheels you can buy, but they can bend and crack if you hit a pothole/curb hard enough. The same is true with BBS wheels or any set of "normal" wheels that cost much less.

My friend who is been in the wheels business for years told me that when people decide to buy new wheels, they "usually" spend about 10% of the cars market value for their new wheels. A new set of HRE wheels around here are about $ 8,000 so not to many guys are putting them on a 8 - 10 year old LS
Old 02-26-14, 10:59 PM
lexusls4
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Stu
HRE wheels are probably one of the most expensive wheels you can buy, but they can bend and crack if you hit a pothole/curb hard enough. The same is true with BBS wheels or any set of "normal" wheels that cost much less.

My friend who is been in the wheels business for years told me that when people decide to buy new wheels, they "usually" spend about 10% of the cars market value for their new wheels. A new set of HRE wheels around here are about $ 8,000 so not to many guys are putting them on a 8 - 10 year old LS
I see what you're saying .
Old 03-01-14, 04:44 PM
lexusls4
Pit Crew

I decide to pick up a set of 18 x 8.5 HRE 540R . The offset I have might be way too low but it seem to have a nice poke . The front are 18x8.5 et 26 and the rear are the same width with a offset of +16 . Hre does not stamp any info on the wheel except serial number which are stored with the specs . I'm some what disappointed on the looks of the wheel being 18 and looking a tad small on these big body lexus . I love the ride of the LS that's why I chose 18 and plus I wanted a little insurance on the wheel . I like a little more rubber on the wheel to protect it from potholes and manhole cover.
Old 03-04-14, 11:02 PM
lexusls4
Pit Crew

This is the wheel
Attached Thumbnails 18 inch hre 560 c on ls430-img_80766216389437.jpeg  

Last edited by lexusls4; 03-04-14 at 11:05 PM.
Old 03-05-14, 08:15 AM
bmore430
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Those are one of my favorite wheels. Should look awesome even in 18s with the right drop. Can't wait to see pics
Old 03-05-14, 11:12 AM
Stu
Racer

very similar design to the BBS LMs.

I hope you did some research before you bought them ... I'm not sure a rear offset of +16 will look OK
Old 03-12-14, 11:26 PM
lexusls4
Pit Crew

Talking wheel offset

Originally Posted by Stu
very similar design to the BBS LMs.

I hope you did some research before you bought them ... I'm not sure a rear offset of +16 will look OK
I couldn't find anything about the minimum offset these car can fit . I like the stance look with the hella flush thing, but I already try the rear on and it seems to be poking out about a inch. I liked the Hre a lot more than the LM because the BBS is everywhere. As the HRE are exclusive and with the brushed finish its game over. These wheels do look a lot better in person . The only thing that I hate is that most people that doesn't know much about wheel thinks all mesh are the same . Like my brother , he has a set of pentas by axis and swear he has the same wheel as me with diffrent center cap. I might get a extra set of asanti or gfg for backup but I will see how things go.
Old 03-12-14, 11:40 PM
Stu
Racer

There are a LOT of fake BBS wheels on the streets everywhere. Real BBS wheels are just as expensive and just as rare as HRE.

People who don't know think all wheels are $ 125 each. They have no idea that some wheels cost $ 2,000 each. Same with watches. You can buy a fake Rolex Submariner for $ 100 or a real one for $ 5,000
Old 03-23-14, 05:28 PM
lexusls4
Pit Crew

Default bbs

BBS is no where close to HRE in quality , a set of RS 2 is around 1500 used and I'm aware of BBS poor quality wheels . Cast 3 piece on some of their high end wheel . There's no way BBS is rare , I see them on Honda Civic and yes there everywhere . I had a set of RX2 on my M3 and Rk2 on my 540 Bmw and yes worst wheel for the money . I rather run some works or ssr strausse wheel.

Last edited by lexusls4; 03-23-14 at 05:32 PM.
Old 03-23-14, 07:19 PM
Stu
Racer

OK, not here to argue. Have you got the HRE wheels on your LS yet?
Post a picture when you do. They are beautiful wheels.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 18 inch hre 560 c on ls430