LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Joined the LS430 family! Now question about a window screen hook

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-13, 09:05 PM
FarmerJay
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Joined the LS430 family! Now question about a window screen hook

Really excited to join the Lexus family. All I can say is what a great car this is! Picked this black beauty up last month in Houston... and can see why these cars last 200+ thousand miles! Been detailing the car, and it seems like every corner has something special! It's an UL, and was shocked to see the leather extending past the dash, to the area that is flush with the door when it's closed.

Anyways, the car had a few issues (subwoofer, mirrors control socket) that I've addressed thanks to this awesome forum, but the car was missing the second hook for the passenger rear door sunshade - it just two screws where the hook was once attached. The hook was used to keep the rear door sunshade in it's UP position, and looking through sewell lexus parts, I couldn't find that particular piece. Wondering if anyone had any ideas on part numbers or where I could pick said hook up?

Also, this car has the 17" wheels, but I really like the 18" upgraded five-spoke factory wheels. Any ideas where to get a set second hand besides ebay?

Thanks!!
Old 11-17-13, 03:22 AM
elid786
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would say maybe look at a breakers for both maybe? Look aeons for any jaso car with the same wheel pattern and find a set of wheels your happy with of you can't find the ones your after already.
Old 11-19-13, 04:41 PM
fensterlip
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can stop looking for the window hook. It's only available as part of a complete window trim piece.
I went through the same thing. The whole window trim (with all 3 hooks) is available from many sources like Sewell and Parts.com and runs about $75.
No one sells hooks by themselves - I tried for months.
By the way, I just took the new hook off the new trim piece and put it on the old piece which was fine anyway and saved some work. I do have one new hook remaining on the trim if your interested though....