Blue LED's for my Baby!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-13, 09:37 AM
bigvain31
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Blue LED's for my Baby!!!

Changed a bunch of interior and fog lights with blue LED's
Attached Thumbnails Blue LED's for my Baby!!!-cam00088.jpg   Blue LED's for my Baby!!!-cam00091.jpg   Blue LED's for my Baby!!!-cam00092.jpg   Blue LED's for my Baby!!!-cam00087.jpg   Blue LED's for my Baby!!!-cam00086.jpg  

Last edited by bigvain31; 10-15-13 at 09:41 AM.
Old 10-15-13, 10:22 AM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 308 Likes on 228 Posts

Blue is usually a no no color for the exterior. You will probably get a ticket.

I am interested in what you did for the fog lights. Mind if you take another picture showing the beam pattern. Do you have any before and after on the fogs? I would not want blue but the idea is interesting over xenon upgrade.

Last edited by Lavrishevo; 10-15-13 at 10:27 AM.
Old 10-15-13, 11:04 AM
bigvain31
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Lavrishevo
Blue is usually a no no color for the exterior. You will probably get a ticket.

I am interested in what you did for the fog lights. Mind if you take another picture showing the beam pattern. Do you have any before and after on the fogs? I would not want blue but the idea is interesting over xenon upgrade.
Funny you mentioned that. I just got a ticket from a State Trooper who said I was impersonating a cop (BULL BUTTER). He was stopping kids in old Acura Integras & Honda Civics with flashing blue lights. However I literally live across the street from a County Police station and I drive by them up and down the road all the time with no issues. I'm going to fight the ticket in court.

Sorry I don't have before pics but it's the standard dim white yellowish fog lights. I wanted to change them to give the car a better look.
Old 10-15-13, 11:53 AM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 308 Likes on 228 Posts

Yeah. I would go in and apologize and say you did not know to the judge and change it. You will probably get the ticket waved if you change it. Try to fight it. You'll loose. Blue, red, and flashing LED's will get you a tickets immediately. Especially, LED's. Any trooper looking for a easy ticket is going to pull you over.
Old 10-15-13, 01:58 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts

The blue looks great! I've talked to a few local officers about having blue lights on the license plate and fog lights and they said it's alright if it's not flashing but you could still get pulled over depending on the cop. I have the same blue LED as you and I generally keep them off since I've been pulled over for it.

How did you get the light covers off of the top lights above the back seats? I've been trying to take mine off and they won't pop out.
Old 10-15-13, 02:24 PM
bigvain31
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kira X
The blue looks great! I've talked to a few local officers about having blue lights on the license plate and fog lights and they said it's alright if it's not flashing but you could still get pulled over depending on the cop. I have the same blue LED as you and I generally keep them off since I've been pulled over for it.

How did you get the light covers off of the top lights above the back seats? I've been trying to take mine off and they won't pop out.
Thx for the compliment!!!
Funny the same state trooper that gave me the ticket for the fog lights said nothing about my license plate blue lights 0_o

I think I caught him at a bad time after he just dealt with some young high school kids.

Anyway I used a mini flathead screwdriver and stuck it in a little groove at the bottom of the plastic covering the light. It ops right off and then you can change the light.
Old 10-15-13, 02:28 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Smile

Originally Posted by bigvain31
Thx for the compliment!!!
Funny the same state trooper that gave me the ticket for the fog lights said nothing about my license plate blue lights 0_o

I think I caught him at a bad time after he just dealt with some young high school kids.

Anyway I used a mini flathead screwdriver and stuck it in a little groove at the bottom of the plastic covering the light. It ops right off and then you can change the light.
You're welcome!

I don't think the license plate lights cause too much trouble since I see them all the time. I actually have blue reverse lights on both my LS and SC and officers never hassle me about it.

Thanks for the tip on getting that cover off. I bought LED's like a year ago and never put them in because I couldn't get the cover off.
Old 10-15-13, 02:31 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

If you can get the light covers off the bottom of the side mirrors, change them out to blue LED's. It looks really cool at night when you unlock the car or get close to it with the smart key.
Old 10-15-13, 02:39 PM
bigvain31
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kira X
If you can get the light covers off the bottom of the side mirrors, change them out to blue LED's. It looks really cool at night when you unlock the car or get close to it with the smart key.
Yeah I got some tips in another thread of mine and I've read many others and I'm too nervous to try. It seems way to difficult and tedious with parts that can break easily. I guess I gotta try it one of these days.

I love how all my doors when I open at night light the ground blue and it turns heads. I added a red light to my light that comes on when the door opens. It's nice with the blue, And when I turn on my DVD players I break necks LOL
Old 10-15-13, 02:53 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Smile

Yeah I got some tips in another thread of mine and I've read many others and I'm too nervous to try. It seems way to difficult and tedious with parts that can break easily. I guess I gotta try it one of these days.

I love how all my doors when I open at night light the ground blue and it turns heads. I added a red light to my light that comes on when the door opens. It's nice with the blue, And when I turn on my DVD players I break necks LOL
It's pretty tough but you should be able to switch them out without breaking anything. It took me about two hours of prying just to get one of the covers off. My friend at Lexus had to help me get the other bottom cover off since I got tired of prying at it. It was definitely worth it.

I might have to switch to blue LED's since yours look so good. The blue seems like it would turn a lot of heads like you said and it would fit my blue them quite well.
Old 10-25-13, 12:13 PM
Majek
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts

Changing the mirror puddle lights is very easy on the LS430 if you follow my break-proof method here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...tructions.html
Old 10-26-13, 07:39 AM
kenTHUNDER
Rookie

Does anyone know what size lights go under the side view mirrors?
Old 10-26-13, 08:09 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Smile

Originally Posted by kenTHUNDER
Does anyone know what size lights go under the side view mirrors?
They are 194's.
Old 10-26-13, 08:40 AM
kenTHUNDER
Rookie

Sweet, thanks!
Old 10-26-13, 09:24 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Smile

Originally Posted by kenTHUNDER
Sweet, thanks!
You're welcome!

Make sure to get a high power bulb for the best light output.

Quick Reply: Blue LED's for my Baby!!!