LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

New RHD LS430 Car Mats Pics+DIY All weather mats!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-13, 02:01 AM
LEX ES300
Intermediate

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default New RHD LS430 Car Mats Pics+DIY All weather mats!

Well I achieved the near impossible - I got a set of OEM Ivory floor mats for my 04 Right hand Drive (RHD) LS30!

It took a year of searching online, arguments with dealerships who said they no longer exist, and the most important thing....an obscene amount of money!
Lexus/Toyota have definitely stopped making these and there are only 4 brand new sets left in the world and I have one but I paid dearly for them! I looked at getting aftermarket but hardly anyone does RHD and it was going to cost alot to get some custom made and they weren't even good. I even bought an aftermarket set from Japan but the colour wasn't right and they didn't do the proper beige/ ivory colour.

Whilst my new mats are OEM Lexus one's they aren't exactly the same as my old OEM that I was kinda hoping for . The lexus 'L' logo has been replaced with the word 'Lexus' and there are some colours and cut patterns on the mats but I've got used to that and they are very very plush. This is all they have so I'm going with it!!

After paying so much for the mats I wanted to protect them to some degree. In summer I will just enjoy the mats as is, but in winter with muddy feet, I spent so much on the mats that wanted a little protection. I have never been able to get all weather mats for the LS430 in RHD. I emailed so many companies overseas but nobody will make them for RHD so........ I MADE THEM MYSELF! DIY!! I know these clear mats aren't to everyone's taste, and I wanted to avoid them too but I had little choice seeing as I can no longer buy LS430 mats. I plan to keep these all weather mats in the boot in case of bad weather. Overall I'm very happy with the results

Here are my old OEM mats:

[NEW MATS!!

DIY ALL WEATHER MATS - I bought 2 office desk chair floor mats - make sure you get the ones for carpet (with bumps on, otherwise they will slip):

Placed mats on them and traced around the outline using a non permanent marker:

I was going to use a stanley knife to cut the mats but the plastic was too hard. Good sharp scissors are much easier and you have more cutting control.

Perfect cut outs!

They are perfect cutouts - the clear mat in bottom right wasn't in line for the pic.

NOW IN THE CAR:

With clear mat on top:

Passenger side:

With clear mat on top:

Rear seats:

With clear mat on top:

Hope you all like. They look better in real life than in the pics. Overall I'm so pleased with the result considering I could not get anyone to make me clear mats for RHD. I will only use them when the weather is bad so I can still enjoy the new plush mats!

Last edited by LEX ES300; 09-15-13 at 02:08 AM.
Old 09-15-13, 05:28 AM
DriftGirl
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

cool!
Old 09-15-13, 05:32 AM
LS430Lexus
Advanced

Received 66 Likes on 48 Posts

Beautiful job. I particularly like the rear center mat. I have never seen that and would like to get one.

I have one concern. Your clear plastic protectors are great but they will not absorb dirt and other material like carpet. In other words, the dirt from your shoes will sit on the plastic and have to be wiped up or frequently vacuumed . Otherwise, it will end up on the carpet just over the edges of the mat.

Please don't take this the wrong way. You did a spectacular job, it is just a comment.
Old 09-15-13, 05:53 AM
LEX ES300
Intermediate

Originally Posted by sgretchko
Beautiful job. I particularly like the rear center mat. I have never seen that and would like to get one.

I have one concern. Your clear plastic protectors are great but they will not absorb dirt and other material like carpet. In other words, the dirt from your shoes will sit on the plastic and have to be wiped up or frequently vacuumed . Otherwise, it will end up on the carpet just over the edges of the mat.

Please don't take this the wrong way. You did a spectacular job, it is just a comment.
No worries, thanks for your comments, no offence taken. Yeah I did think the very same thing as you after I finished. I'm going to trial it and see how it goes. I Might have to keep an old towel in the car and if it doesn't work then I might keep my old mats in the car trunk in case of rainy or muddy days.
Old 09-15-13, 06:14 AM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 308 Likes on 228 Posts

Nice job on the plastic to protect the mats. Did you also Scotchgard them? Might help or at least do the area around the mat for easy cleanup. This stuff does work rather well.

As far as that center mat goes, you are right. I can't find it anywhere at this point. lol
Old 09-15-13, 06:23 AM
LEX ES300
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Lavrishevo
Nice job on the plastic to protect the mats. Did you also Scotchgard them? Might help or at least do the area around the mat for easy cleanup. This stuff does work rather well.

As far as that center mat goes, you are right. I can't find it anywhere at this point. lol
Yeah, I've sprayed protector on the carpets and the floor mats. Hopefully that will help. As far as I know only Australian and the japanese celsior has a rear center rear mat. You wont find them standard on any USA models.
Old 09-15-13, 06:34 AM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 308 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by LEX ES300
Yeah, I've sprayed protector on the carpets and the floor mats. Hopefully that will help. As far as I know only Australian and the japanese celsior has a rear center rear mat. You wont find them standard on any USA models.
If you know of or find a link to them let me know. I would love to buy one solo if possible.
Old 09-15-13, 07:50 AM
Stu
Racer

Received 58 Likes on 44 Posts

They make very strong carpet cleaning sprays. I use them all the time and am always shocked at how well they work. They cost $8 a can, and one can could have done your mats twice.

Using them with a stiff brush big enough to grab hold of, and after 30 minutes of hard work those old dirty carpets will look brand new again.
Old 09-15-13, 08:16 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts

I love those new mats!
Old 09-15-13, 10:37 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Nice job and it saves the wallet too.
Old 09-15-13, 07:26 PM
ma61
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks nice, but I feel like your old mats could have been revived with a quick cleaning.
Old 09-15-13, 08:35 PM
BMW7_LS430
Instructor

Received 125 Likes on 98 Posts

Your new mats are awesome. I am seeing center mat for the first time and would love to have one. I am wondering if that was ever available in US.

As far as clear mats go, try them and see how they work for you.

I have these clear mats on top of my original mats and they do a great job of trapping mud/water.
http://www.sears.com/weatherhandler-...4&blockType=G4
Grooves on clear mats are necessary so that the mud/water doesn't just flow towards edges.

Ones I have can be cut to different sizes. They are not wide enough (an inch horter) but close. The cuts are not perfect but most people won't notice anything. I always get praise for having them. You can see Lexus logo through them so you don't need to worry about putting a non-lexus mat.
Attached Thumbnails New RHD LS430 Car Mats Pics+DIY All weather mats!-spin_prod_232201601.jpg  
Old 09-15-13, 08:54 PM
LEX ES300
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BMW7_LS430
Your new mats are awesome. I am seeing center mat for the first time and would love to have one. I am wondering if that was ever available in US.

As far as clear mats go, try them and see how they work for you.

I have these clear mats on top of my original mats and they do a great job of trapping mud/water.
http://www.sears.com/weatherhandler-...4&blockType=G4
Grooves on clear mats are necessary so that the mud/water doesn't just flow towards edges.

Ones I have can be cut to different sizes. They are not wide enough (an inch horter) but close. The cuts are not perfect but most people won't notice anything. I always get praise for having them. You can see Lexus logo through them so you don't need to worry about putting a non-lexus mat.
Thanks for comments! Id love to get a set of those clear mats you have with the grooves but my issue is that no one makes them for rhd so I had to make my own. You guys are lucky in the usa to have access to more after market accessories for your Lhd cars. I guess the only thing im lucky with is to have a rear centre mat!
They are near impossible to get because you cannot buy them separately they come with the rhd mat set and they dont make the sets now. Custom made would be the only real option.
Old 09-15-13, 09:42 PM
BMW7_LS430
Instructor

Received 125 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by LEX ES300
Thanks for comments! Id love to get a set of those clear mats you have with the grooves but my issue is that no one makes them for rhd so I had to make my own. You guys are lucky in the usa to have access to more after market accessories for your Lhd cars. I guess the only thing im lucky with is to have a rear centre mat!
They are near impossible to get because you cannot buy them separately they come with the rhd mat set and they dont make the sets now. Custom made would be the only real option.
The set I linked has same size mats for left and right. You just cut them right to fit LHD or RHD.
They are not a perfect fit but works for me.
Old 09-16-13, 12:18 AM
LEX ES300
Intermediate

Originally Posted by BMW7_LS430
The set I linked has same size mats for left and right. You just cut them right to fit LHD or RHD.
They are not a perfect fit but works for me.
Cool, thanks for that I will keep these in mind if my DIY mats dont do the job but I'm hoping they will work.

Quick Reply: New RHD LS430 Car Mats Pics+DIY All weather mats!