LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Does anyone know how to change side mirror lights?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-13, 07:00 AM
bigvain31
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Does anyone know how to change side mirror lights?

Does anyone know how to change the bottom white lights on the side mirrors? I hate the standard OEM yellowish white lights. I found a pic online to show what I mean.
Attached Thumbnails Does anyone know how to change side mirror lights?-side.jpg  
Old 09-14-13, 11:01 AM
jasonm
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Funny..I just did this last night.
Drivers side:
Look between the bottom of the mirror and the mirror housing, so basically in the space inside the mirror on the bottom. You will see the back end of the light housing in there. Its light gray and you will see that its locked in there. You want to take a med-small flat head and push the gray part in and down slightly. The bottom of the light will pop out. Then the scary part, you want to take a flat head or hard plastic tool and pry the mirror bezel, slighlty (keep in mind that you are only prying slightly between the light and bezel, you arent prying the whole bezel off)and the light housing downward and out...At some point you can use your fingers. Becareful for the edges of the light housing as the look thinner and Im guessing they can break easier.
Once its all the way out, you can twist the light socket counter clock wise and expose the bulb for replacement.

And you should be able to put it back in fairly easy after seeing the way it came out...I would just say take your time..I think it took me about 10 mins per side, only because the car is new to me and I wanted to be extra careful.

For the Passenger side:

I didnt see the gray part(back side of the light housing) and had some experience from the other side so I just started by prying carefully between the bezel and the light housing but not on the corners at all. And used my fingers.

The good thing is there are no screws holding them in and you dont have to remove the whole mirror from the door.

Good Luck
Old 09-14-13, 06:22 PM
bigvain31
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonm
Funny..I just did this last night.
Drivers side:
Look between the bottom of the mirror and the mirror housing, so basically in the space inside the mirror on the bottom. You will see the back end of the light housing in there. Its light gray and you will see that its locked in there. You want to take a med-small flat head and push the gray part in and down slightly. The bottom of the light will pop out. Then the scary part, you want to take a flat head or hard plastic tool and pry the mirror bezel, slighlty (keep in mind that you are only prying slightly between the light and bezel, you arent prying the whole bezel off)and the light housing downward and out...At some point you can use your fingers. Becareful for the edges of the light housing as the look thinner and Im guessing they can break easier.
Once its all the way out, you can twist the light socket counter clock wise and expose the bulb for replacement.

And you should be able to put it back in fairly easy after seeing the way it came out...I would just say take your time..I think it took me about 10 mins per side, only because the car is new to me and I wanted to be extra careful.

For the Passenger side:

I didnt see the gray part(back side of the light housing) and had some experience from the other side so I just started by prying carefully between the bezel and the light housing but not on the corners at all. And used my fingers.

The good thing is there are no screws holding them in and you dont have to remove the whole mirror from the door.

Good Luck
thx I'll give it a shot