LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Ls430 window creak from rubber seal

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-16, 01:01 PM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Received 269 Likes on 226 Posts

A thread that is back from the dead!!!! The creaking has become a full time regular maintenance issue. I find mine creaking after a heavy rain. I've used the shin etsu grease and now trying some silicone. I don't believe the entire seal needs attention but just probably the upper rears. It's amazing but if you lower the windows and then close them, the noise does somewhat dissipate leading me to believe the origin of the creaking is the top seal on the doors, most likely the rears. .
Old 09-01-16, 01:54 PM
lsdude
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Same here. I may bite the bullet and order new seals.
Old 09-01-16, 07:29 PM
ride16734
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shin-Etsu grease worked for me. Driver side front and rear windows had real bad creaking noise. After applying honda shin-etsu grease, still creaked. I pulled the rubber weather striping from the top window channel and put grease on the top of the seal and on the metal door frame. Then wiped clean and put the seal back in place. Creaking has been gone since the application.
Old 08-10-17, 07:20 AM
gmoney94
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

I just bought/applied the Shin-etsu product as well. It's essentially a tube of magic, my car is creak free for the first time. Wow!
Old 08-10-17, 07:41 AM
XJSFan
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

shin-etsu grease rules guys. I have used it on many cars old and new and it will bring back just about any rubber or plastic seal... Carefully apply to your rubber seals and give it a week or so to be absorbed and your seals will be like new. I have used it on 25-30 year old cars and it did wonders on the door rubber seals...
Old 08-12-17, 02:03 PM
markwhit
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Window creak

So mine started a few months ago so I took a q tip and put of the ****su grease on the end and went up inside the channel and took care of the problem. Every other month i will take some and this time rub a small amount on top edge of the glass. That keeps things quiet as well.. You may have a little grease on the window but i also do mine then wait a few days or the next week to wash the car.
Attached Thumbnails Ls430 window creak from rubber seal-window1.jpg   Ls430 window creak from rubber seal-window2.jpg  
Old 08-12-17, 07:38 PM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Received 269 Likes on 226 Posts

I've done the shin-etsu grease and although it works for some time, I need to do a redo regularly. I'm wondering it there is more to it than just applying the grease as it has become a regular item I need to address or the creaking does reappear. I've read about a member removing the weather stripping and applying the grease underneath and others just replacing the weatherstripping. Either way, I still have my creaking at different times of year but have learned to live with it.
Old 08-13-17, 06:26 AM
markwhit
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Default creaks

I would still have door creaks when i pull into my driveway or at an angle or when weather was hot. I noticed it was coming from the wood trim and when i pushed on it made noises as well. I took both front door panels off since i had new speakers put in and inserted foam at the top of the door and tightened up the wood panel screws behind the door and seemed to make a difference.
Old 12-23-18, 02:08 PM
LSneewb
Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by caddyowner
Do a search on "creak" and you'll find a couple other, longer lasting solutions. I bought and used shin-etsu grease from my Honda dealer. The key is to apply the lubricant to the wide seal along the top of the doorframe. It doesn't even look like a seal because it is flat to the metal.
That is absolutely key...applying Shin-etsu it to the weather strip on top of the door frame is where it needs to go. Not so much on the seal that makes contact with the windows. Believe it or not!
Old 01-11-19, 08:14 AM
lexman52
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

R we talking about wind noise or something else {Creaks?}
Old 07-13-21, 06:04 AM
NLLex
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by markwhit
So mine started a few months ago so I took a q tip and put of the ****su grease on the end and went up inside the channel and took care of the problem. Every other month i will take some and this time rub a small amount on top edge of the glass. That keeps things quiet as well.. You may have a little grease on the window but i also do mine then wait a few days or the next week to wash the car.
I always thought that the creaking was because of my windowtint!
I even hear the creaking when I drive over a small bump. I exactly know when the chassis is flexing itself.

What kind of grease is this? I dont like silicone since its nano based and it gets everywhere for the next 200 years.
Old 07-24-21, 05:05 PM
ermat
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default window creak noise.

I have also experienced this noise. Its so noticeable as the car os otherwise very quiet.
I'm not in the US and i may not be able to access the Honda lubricant.
Can anyone else suggest another peoduct, i have tried to eliminate the noise with another brand of rubber treatment with no success.
Don't suppose Vaseline would be suitable ?
Old 07-24-21, 06:31 PM
YODAONE
Lexus Champion

Received 407 Likes on 346 Posts

Originally Posted by ermat
I have also experienced this noise. Its so noticeable as the car os otherwise very quiet.
I'm not in the US and i may not be able to access the Honda lubricant.
Can anyone else suggest another peoduct, i have tried to eliminate the noise with another brand of rubber treatment with no success.
Don't suppose Vaseline would be suitable ?
Toyota offers rubber grease
Old 07-24-21, 09:28 PM
ermat
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

So the Honda product previously mentioned is just another rubber grease, or something else ?
Old 07-25-21, 12:55 AM
NLLex
Intermediate

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by NLLex
I always thought that the creaking was because of my windowtint!
I even hear the creaking when I drive over a small bump. I exactly know when the chassis is flexing itself.

What kind of grease is this? I dont like silicone since its nano based and it gets everywhere for the next 200 years.

I see it on the packaging... it is silicone. I am never going to use that on my window because that stuff will get littlerly everywhere even when used in a small amount.. Nasty stuff.

I want another product which is less harmful.

Quick Reply: Ls430 window creak from rubber seal