LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

LS430 Wheel Fitment Reference Guide

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-13, 08:40 AM
seanbphoto
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default LS430 Wheel Fitment Reference Guide

Hey Everyone! Another member suggested I make this thread and I thought it was a great idea so here we go! Before we start:

- NO OFF TOPIC DISCUSSION! Lets keep this thread strait to the point and easy to navigate!
- PLEASE DON'T QUOTE PICTURES! theres nothing more annoying than seeing the same picture on 5 different pages
- FOR EVERY POST PLEASE INCLUDE AS FOLLOWS:

Wheel Brand and Model
Wheel Size/Offset/Disk type
Tire Size
Suspension
Fender Modification
Alignment Specs (if known)

1. Find a wheel that you like. Don't just get something because it has the offset/sizing you were looking for. Theres nothing worse than spending alot of money on something that you're not in love with! On top of this, alot of wheels will fit different based on their design so just because the Work Meister S1 barley cleared your calipers doesn't mean that a SSR SP3 will clear with the exact same specs (just an example)

2. There are 3 (sometimes 4 or 5) different disks/pads available for most custom wheels. the most common are R (high disk), A (standard or medium disk), and O (low disk). sometimes you will find a super low and super high disk is available. For the LS430, you will want to get an R DISK for the front because our calipers are huge. In my case, I found my wheels with an A DISK so i had to use a 12mm spacer in the front to clear my calipers. dont bother with a low disk in the front.

3. SIZING. The LS430 looks best with either 19" or 20" wheels IMO. if you choose 19", forget about getting any aero kit because you won't be able to drive anywhere haha. If aero is in your future, 20 or 21" is the way to go! As far as width - I chose a 10" and 11" width for my wheels which is pretty aggressive for this car to begin with because i like the poke You can fit a 12" in the rear depending on the offset, but not without more bodywork! Most people i see on here stay relatively conservative though with an 8-9" front and 9-10" rear.

4. OFFSET. This will determine how much the wheel will "stick out" depending on your wheel width. The lower the offset, the more it's going to poke! This doesn't necessarily mean you're going to have a bigger lip with a lower offset - that is also dependent on your disk/pad type. For example, a 19x10" wheel with a +10 offset will stick out the same amount with an R (high) disk and O (low) disk, but the O disk will have more lip because it has less backspacing and less curved spokes. Heres a good article from Tire Rack on Offset

5. TIRES. This will make all the difference in how your car rides and weather or not it will rub. I'm just going to let you know now that you will probably have to find a shop that is willing to return a set of tires that you don't like just in case. I returned my first set because i decided i needed more stretch after i test fitted them on the car. THERE ARE WAYS TO PREVENT THIS (if i would have known before). a GREAT reference site is 1010Tires.com Tire Size Calculator for comparing potential tire sizes with your factory size. Another GREAT tool is tyrestretch.com ...its a huge database of pictures of different tires mounted on different size wheels. (saved my ***)

6. SUSPENSION. There are ultimately 3 different routes to take depending on your preference or budget. Air suspension (most convenient for in-car adjustable ride height), Coilovers (manual adjustable ride height), or regular lowering springs. I chose to get coilovers for my car because not only is the air suspension out of my budget, but i'm going to be daily driving in weather conditions that might cause functional issues with air suspension components. It's been alot of work getting my car to the 'perfect' ride height so be ready for that fine tuning!!! for alignment purposes, Megan racing sells 3 adjustable rear arms for the LS430. Camber, Traction, and Toe arms. I don't have any experience with them, but if my wheels were any wider in the rear the camber arms would come in handy to tuck my wheels into my fenders without pulling out the body. As far as adjustable front suspension components, there is no company i know of in the USA that produces anything. Your best bet would get Nagisa Upper Control Arms imported from Japan via your shop of choice if you absolutely need them. with my wheel/tire specs, i did not need any adjustable arms to fit my wheels on the car.

7. Don't expect to get any aftermarket wheel combo and not have to do SOME bodywork. Im thankful that my best friend is a body guy and he was able to roll the rear fenders and spray them for me afterwards. a cool little trick he taught me is that before you roll the rear inner lip, take a razorblade to the very outside edge of the paint. that way, when the paint starts to chip off - it will break at the razorblade line instead of up your visible fenders.

Last edited by seanbphoto; 02-13-13 at 08:45 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by seanbphoto:
madiaz (06-14-17), Walt01Ls43 (06-13-22)
Old 02-13-13, 08:43 AM
seanbphoto
Driver School Candidate

I'll Start

Wheel Brand and Model: Weds Kranze Bazreia
Wheel Size/Offset/Disk type: 19x10 +24 A disk w/ 12mm spacer effective +12 (F) 19x11 +24 A disk (R)
Tire Size: 225/35/19 (F) 255/35/19 (R)
Suspension: Fortune Auto 500 series coilovers 10k (F) 8k (R)
Fender Modification: (F) none (R) rolled
Alignment Specs (if known): N/A

Last edited by seanbphoto; 02-13-13 at 08:50 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by seanbphoto:
Isaiah (09-16-22), nsmall (04-21-19), rich30769 (05-10-18)
Old 02-13-13, 06:15 PM
IS729
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks amazing ! i'm in the market of an LS currently, just waiting to find the right one. do you have any pics of your front wheels point straight ahead? im curious to what the poke or fitment looks exactly. thanks man!
Old 02-13-13, 11:25 PM
Nater1
Rookie

i would like advice on 19x10+21 (2.5" lip high disc clear bbk)
19x11+24 (3.5" lip) and how much work it would take to fit them.. drop on BC BRtype coils the wheels are Leon hardditt ritters
Old 02-14-13, 03:32 AM
seanbphoto
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Nater1
i would like advice on 19x10+21 (2.5" lip high disc clear bbk)
19x11+24 (3.5" lip) and how much work it would take to fit them.. drop on BC BRtype coils the wheels are Leon hardditt ritters
front should fit. no front fender mods should be necessary with a 225/35 or a 235/35 tire. the rears will fit no problem with a mild fender roll and the right tire. i have a 255/35 with the exact rear specs but im pretty sure a 265/30 will fit as well if you wanted to go that route.

Last edited by seanbphoto; 02-14-13 at 03:55 AM.
Old 02-14-13, 12:36 PM
C8V6C
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Nater, i have similar width and offset in rear...look up some of my old threads if you want to see pics of fitting them.

Front should be no issue, i have 225/35 on 19x10....rear i recommend shaving, not rolling, but with natural camber, you will still rub if you're low enough, even with 245/35
Old 02-14-13, 02:30 PM
seanbphoto
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by C8V6C
Nater, i have similar width and offset in rear...look up some of my old threads if you want to see pics of fitting them.

Front should be no issue, i have 225/35 on 19x10....rear i recommend shaving, not rolling, but with natural camber, you will still rub if you're low enough, even with 245/35
why shaving opposed to rolling? just curious because i was going to shave my rears until i saw all the pinch welds holding the two body panels together. i would be afraid of the panels separating
Old 03-14-13, 01:11 AM
EcHo714
Driver

Quick question, could your rears go any lower? I have BC extreme drop kits on my car and the rear is maxed out and I have about a 1inch gap on the rears, I don't want to mess with the perches because I'm afraid to lose the pre-load the then ride quality goes to crap lol, rear specs are 19x11 +30 on a 245/35
Old 04-04-13, 11:00 PM
swegyptian
Driver School Candidate

So how about these specs?

20x8.5 front and 20x10 rear, Offset: 32mm front and 42mm rear.

The suspension is stock for now. I want to get the wheels and tires, and then decide how much gap I need to kill. I am looking to avoid rolling and shaving. Will these offsets work with a mild drop? With what tire size?

Thanks guys!
Old 04-05-13, 12:14 PM
bootnylee
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by swegyptian

The suspension is stock for now. I want to get the wheels and tires, and then decide how much gap I need to kill. I am looking to avoid rolling and shaving. Will these offsets work with a mild drop? With what tire size?

Thanks guys!

do your suspension first

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 04-05-13, 08:28 PM
swegyptian
Driver School Candidate

Why do you say that?
Old 04-05-13, 08:58 PM
bootnylee
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why do you say that?
that's what I was told by the guys on here. you have any suspension mods?

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 04-06-13, 05:33 PM
swegyptian
Driver School Candidate

Thanks guys!
Does anyone have a similar setup?
Old 04-08-13, 04:17 AM
MDSC
Lexus Champion

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Why do you say that?
Offset might look good when your car is sitting high but when you lower it your wheels are going to be sunk in
Old 04-08-13, 07:15 PM
swegyptian
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the tip. I have some 5 and 10mm spacers that I could throw at it. I want to know if I can run 235 and 275 without having to shave the rear. I don't mind rolling.

Quick Reply: LS430 Wheel Fitment Reference Guide