LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Any LS430 owners running a cup kit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-12, 02:31 PM
Silver'04
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any LS430 owners running a cup kit?

Just wondering if any LS owners are running cup kits and if they can provide feedback? I have an '02 UL and am having some issues with my factory air (rear shock is leaking and height sensors are out of wack), so I was thinking of doing coilovers at first, but then starting considering a cup kit set up. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a cup kit basically allows you to set your static height with the coilover, but allows you to raise the front (and rear if set up with a rear kit) up to go over a speed bump or up a driveway? My biggest fear with running a full bag set up is having a leak in one of the lines or a bag tearing, then I'd be fully aired out and stranded. As much as I loved airing it completely out and hard parking, I'd much rather ride low and be able to raise it up to get into a parking structure. Feedback?
Old 10-20-12, 01:10 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

You're exactly right on your thinking. However, airbag setups have come a long way and airbag/coilover combos are the way to go IMO.

I've had the cup kit before on my SC, it was nice, however you always want to go lower when parked you know? Unless you don't care for that, driving slammed all the time and lifting up to go over bumps. The cup kit is for you.

I've also ran UAS/Tein CS coilover combo and never had any issues. All depends on your installation and how clean the lines are run. So you shouldn't really have any issues. Also, when fully aired out, the UAS bags still let you roll so you're not really stranded. I guess it depends if you're that low you're scraping everywhere.