LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Parking Sensor Question.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-12, 01:55 PM
tahiles
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Parking Sensor Question.....

Here's my new (to me) 03 430, Midnight Pine Pearl, excellent condition and full service history. ML I think? Anyways Nav, Mark Levinson & Cooled front seats. Please pardon the fact that it needs to be washed! Even has a couple of berries on the hood, but fear not it has a lot of wax on the paint.

My right rear parking sensor looks like it's "punched" through the bumper skin. Does this look like it could be remounted or will I need a bumper cover? Please see the second picture.....

EDIT ~ EDIT ~ EDIT: Upon closer inspection it appears the sensor housing itself is broken. Looking on FleaBay I see a few for sale but of course none in Midnight Pine. From what I've read here the paint covering the sensor is necessary to prevent false alarms from the sensor. Anyone here gotten another color sensor and changed the color without a trip to the body shop? I can get a rattle can mixed up a few places so I could paint and prime it fairly easily. Hoping to avoid the $195 from Sewell.

Full Side Shot

Parking Sensor

Fun Effect

Last edited by tahiles; 10-11-12 at 03:19 PM.
Old 10-12-12, 10:48 PM
stemirra
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is a lovely car. Just pay the $195. That car deserves it and you will be happier in the end with the look and the functionality. They do not work as well when you paint them yourself.

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Old 10-12-12, 10:51 PM
stemirra
Rookie

Pinstripe looks awesome. I put had the pinstripe with the little lexuslogos in the stripe put on my dark blue ls430 and I could not be happier. I REALLY like the look of your car!

Old 10-13-12, 12:35 AM
stemirra
Rookie

It just ocoured to me that i just replied to your speaker issue and oddly we both had exactly the same issues (parking sensors and speakers) my right front sensor was not missing but would alert all the time needed or not and had to be replaced (I went for a new factory painted replacement part and am glad I did, actually if you do the refoam of the speakers you can allocate the $$ to the sensor comfortably). AND WE BOTH HAVE PINSTRIPED VEHICLES. Mine is 01 midnight blue pearl ultra luxury and is now flawless. I also had a loose folding mirror issued which I cleverly fixed and now works 100% like new.

Old 10-14-12, 04:28 AM
tahiles
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stemirra
It just ocoured to me that i just replied to your speaker issue and oddly we both had exactly the same issues (parking sensors and speakers) my right front sensor was not missing but would alert all the time needed or not and had to be replaced (I went for a new factory painted replacement part and am glad I did, actually if you do the refoam of the speakers you can allocate the $$ to the sensor comfortably). AND WE BOTH HAVE PINSTRIPED VEHICLES. Mine is 01 midnight blue pearl ultra luxury and is now flawless. I also had a loose folding mirror issued which I cleverly fixed and now works 100% like new.

Aren't you glad to not have a black car? I don't know about where you live but it seems like nine of ten around here are black. I've seen a couple of silver and gold 430's and don't like them. Just saw a Gold one yesterday and it was fugly! In my opinion this car looks "stronger" with dark paint and "weaker" without. I just think this was designed to be a dark car and the decision makers at Lexus must agree seeing how many they painted black.

I knew I wanted a 430 that wasn't black. I didn't even know about Midnight Pine Pearl but when I saw this car I loved it! Really goes well with the interior.

I haven't seen the blue in person but it sure does look good in the pictures.