LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Is this a steal? 04 ml ls430

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-12, 08:17 PM
BISnTRIS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a steal? 04 ml ls430

Hello everyone. I have been a long time lurker, My time has finally come to purchase a car after 6 months of searching. I am looking at a 2004 ls430 ml package. Silver on black with 98k miles. 2nd owner and clean title. He has only 1 master key but like 3 valet keys lol. I bargained down to 13.5k cash. He said as long as I can come within the week it is mine. What do you guys think? It looks clean and the seller says no leaks or any other problems, Everything works as it should. 13.5k honestly sounds like a steal for an 04 with under 100k miles. Any and all answers are welcome. Thanks
Old 08-20-12, 08:19 PM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome! It sounds like a very good deal. Get the VIN and print the service history from lexus.com.
Old 08-20-12, 08:22 PM
BISnTRIS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by caddyowner
Welcome! It sounds like a very good deal. Get the VIN and print the service history from lexus.com.
How do i get the service history?
Old 08-20-12, 08:37 PM
BigBoi94
Driver School Candidate

Sounds like a good deal to me, All you have to do is run the vin with a Lexus service center.
Old 08-20-12, 08:58 PM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BISnTRIS
How do i get the service history?
https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...-lexus/home.do
Old 08-20-12, 09:18 PM
C8V6C
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Not sure why you haven't picked it up yet? lol
Old 08-20-12, 09:35 PM
BISnTRIS
Driver School Candidate

Thanks. I looked it up and it was one owner up until 84k miles. they did all the routine maintenance. The second owner changed the brakes and struts/shocks.I dont think the 90k was performed yet though. Seems good enough for me
Old 08-20-12, 09:39 PM
BISnTRIS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by C8V6C
Not sure why you haven't picked it up yet? lol
I am in college and have class monday-friday. I told him I can buy airfare for this weekend and he agreed. My uncle lives near the seller and is going to check the car out for me tomorrow and he is going to give me the word if the car is good or bad. Hopefully good
Old 08-20-12, 09:56 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i just know that any 8 year old car with 100k miles could be anywhere from filthy on the inside to pristine on the inside depending on how they kept it. to me the condition of the interior is a giveaway of how they kept the rest of the car (regular maintenance, driving abuse, etc...)
Old 08-20-12, 10:20 PM
BISnTRIS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sojah
i just know that any 8 year old car with 100k miles could be anywhere from filthy on the inside to pristine on the inside depending on how they kept it. to me the condition of the interior is a giveaway of how they kept the rest of the car (regular maintenance, driving abuse, etc...)
That is exactly what I look at first. The interior. The seats are very clean with no creases or rips or tears. There are extra rubber mats on top of carpet. The wood isnt faded. The paint on the navigation area isnt peeled off. Very clean inside.
Old 08-21-12, 04:50 PM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Don't put all the pressure on your uncle. Have him drive it to a Yota or Lexus dealer before you fly. Also go to a body shop to look for tape lines, carfax is not 100 percent!!
Old 08-21-12, 08:06 PM
BISnTRIS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by warminwisc
Don't put all the pressure on your uncle. Have him drive it to a Yota or Lexus dealer before you fly. Also go to a body shop to look for tape lines, carfax is not 100 percent!!
I get what you are trying to say. But my family is made of diyers and we all fix our own cars as long as its not requiring new codes etc. My uncle looked at it today and he video called me through an app called tango. He literally pressed every button in the car LOL. He made sure the parking sensors worked, the navi was fine, the ac blows cold, the heat and ventilated seats work, the power folding mirrors work, the telescoping wheel works, rear heat seat, rearview camera, etc. He jacked it up to look underneath and it was dry. The engine runs fine and idles around 600 when hot. He said the car picks up pretty good for such a big car and very smooth. Only thing I may need to do is just detail it, my uncle said the paint was good but not up to his standards. Probably have to claybar, polish, and wax. Going to pick it up this saturday
Old 08-21-12, 08:36 PM
JamesHuang
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was this the one in Chicago (specifically Wheeling, IL) craigslist?

Saw it posted for $14,500 but it's a steal at $13,500

Nice job in hammering the seller down to below wholesale!

2004 Lexus LS430 - $14500 (Wheeling)
Must sell this month if unable to sale will trade to a dealer!
Body Style: Sedan
Exterior Color: Mercury Metallic
Must sell this month Interior Color: Black
Fuel: Gasoline
Engine: 4.3L V8 32V MPFI DOHC
Transmission: 6-Speed Automatic
Drivetrain: RWD
Four new struts,synthetic oil only,premium gas only,
4 Front and 4 Rear Premium Brake Pads
DRILLED SLOTTED ROTORS
backup camera,GPS,bluetooth,mark levinson premium sound system,parking sensor,HEADLIGHT LAMP LEVELING,heated and cooled seats and back heated
Mileage: 98.000

Hello everyone. I have been a long time lurker, My time has finally come to purchase a car after 6 months of searching. I am looking at a 2004 ls430 ml package. Silver on black with 98k miles. 2nd owner and clean title. He has only 1 master key but like 3 valet keys lol. I bargained down to 13.5k cash. He said as long as I can come within the week it is mine. What do you guys think? It looks clean and the seller says no leaks or any other problems, Everything works as it should. 13.5k honestly sounds like a steal for an 04 with under 100k miles. Any and all answers are welcome. Thanks

I get what you are trying to say. But my family is made of diyers and we all fix our own cars as long as its not requiring new codes etc. My uncle looked at it today and he video called me through an app called tango. He literally pressed every button in the car LOL. He made sure the parking sensors worked, the navi was fine, the ac blows cold, the heat and ventilated seats work, the power folding mirrors work, the telescoping wheel works, rear heat seat, rearview camera, etc. He jacked it up to look underneath and it was dry. The engine runs fine and idles around 600 when hot. He said the car picks up pretty good for such a big car and very smooth. Only thing I may need to do is just detail it, my uncle said the paint was good but not up to his standards. Probably have to claybar, polish, and wax. Going to pick it up this saturday
Old 08-22-12, 11:13 AM
hardimen
Rookie

That looks like a good price! I wish I could find a similar priced LS here in Northern California - it seems pricier here - perhaps because of higher demand? It is even slightly cheaper in Southern California.
Old 08-22-12, 11:30 AM
BISnTRIS
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JamesHuang
Was this the one in Chicago (specifically Wheeling, IL) craigslist?

Saw it posted for $14,500 but it's a steal at $13,500

Nice job in hammering the seller down to below wholesale!

2004 Lexus LS430 - $14500 (Wheeling)
Must sell this month if unable to sale will trade to a dealer!
Body Style: Sedan
Exterior Color: Mercury Metallic
Must sell this month Interior Color: Black
Fuel: Gasoline
Engine: 4.3L V8 32V MPFI DOHC
Transmission: 6-Speed Automatic
Drivetrain: RWD
Four new struts,synthetic oil only,premium gas only,
4 Front and 4 Rear Premium Brake Pads
DRILLED SLOTTED ROTORS
backup camera,GPS,bluetooth,mark levinson premium sound system,parking sensor,HEADLIGHT LAMP LEVELING,heated and cooled seats and back heated
Mileage: 98.000
No its actually in georgia. I dont trust northern cars with snow and the salts etc. And I admit I lied about color and mileage slightly. But that car looks ok.

Quick Reply: Is this a steal? 04 ml ls430