LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

What did you pay for your recent LS430 purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-16, 04:49 PM
Knoxemdown
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Year: 2003
Color: Crystal white/Ecru (cream)
Mileage: 47K
Package (ML or UL): UL
Price: $15,500
Date Purchased: 5/8/16
Condition: Immaculate interior, minor cosmetic scratches on exterior.
Complete Lexus Service Records? Yes
Private Party or Dealer: Dealer (1 owner)
How Long Did You Search? 2 weeks
City & State: Ontario, CA
Source (eBay, AutoTrader, Cars.com, etc.) Auto Trader
Old 06-02-16, 05:34 PM
FatherTo1
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by ghost80
crystal white with cashmere interior
36k miles
ML
$18k
good condition, interior is in excellent condition
Lexus service records
Dealer
over a year on and off searching
NC
Auto List
Clean Car Fax
owned for a couple months
Wow, ghost, that's an incredible find! Where did you spot it? After we acquired our 06 LS, we're now on the lookout for a comparable condition for my Dad. We would love to find another example and color combo like yours. Congrats!
Old 06-02-16, 08:13 PM
lumpy85
Driver School Candidate

Year: 2006
Color: silver on Black
Mileage: 111k
Package (ML or UL): Custom luxury(no air bags)
Price: $11,300
Date Purchased: 5/25/2016
Condition: used but in good condition for being 10 years old
Private Party or Dealer: Private party (three owner)
How Long Did You Search? Couple of years off and on
City & State: kansas city MO
Source (eBay, AutoTrader, Cars.com, etc.) Craigslist

light scuff on front bumper, every wheel has a small blemish, and the little storage compartment in the dash, under the cd changer is broke, it will come out if you stick a credit card in and flip it out, but the spring thing is broke. Overall it's in good shape for 10 years old.

111,000 miles,
I paid 11,300 for it.
I'm happy with that price, I could fix the little things totaling probably 500 maybe. And then have the front bumper painted to make it perfect, minus wheels

Last edited by lumpy85; 06-02-16 at 08:18 PM.
Old 06-03-16, 03:20 PM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Received 269 Likes on 226 Posts

After owning my 01 LS430 for over 6 years (2 owner car) I understand very well how much things cost to repair/replace and how difficult it is to find a truly unblemished well taken care of car. Now that time has gone by, it's getting harder and harder to find "that original well taken care of car". I'd rather wait than plunge into the abyss with broken items and unknown service records. I would love to upgrade to an 04-06, but have not yet found a good car. I see some crazy prices our members are paying as well as some great deals. I guess it's entirely up to the purchaser's perception of what is acceptable as the right car for him/her. I'm over the top particular, so it will take some time for me to find an already old LS430. And if I can't...that's ok as my 01 is another true "work horse" and reliable.

Last edited by Bocatrip; 06-03-16 at 03:23 PM.
Old 06-08-16, 02:39 PM
LangleyLex
Driver School Candidate

93 SC400, just bought: minor detailing and touch-ups, plus mirror module to install: 62k miles: $3900 From what I see in the market, that's a decent deal.
Old 06-08-16, 02:41 PM
PolishDude
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LangleyLex
93 SC400, just bought: minor detailing and touch-ups, plus mirror module to install: 62k miles: $3900 From what I see in the market, that's a decent deal.
Haha wrong section
Old 06-08-16, 02:49 PM
LangleyLex
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PolishDude
Haha wrong section
I believe the question was: "What did you pay for your Lexus so I can get a handle on the market?" I think I answered it, with background to adjust for minors to be done. It replied in the wrong section? Oh well: beginners luck... Thanks for the note.
Old 07-11-16, 01:32 PM
Yohimbo
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Year: 2005
Color: Black/Ecru
Mileage: 28k
Price: $18995
Date Purchased: 7/4/2016
Condition: a couple of very minor interior/exterior flaws
Private Party or Dealer: Dealer (one owner)
How Long Did You Search? 2-3 weeks
City & State: Medford, OR
Source (eBay, AutoTrader, Cars.com, etc.) Cars.com

Black was my least favorite color choice, but I've come to like the elegance of the exterior color with the interior ecru. Otherwise, it just didn't get driven. Had the battery replaced a couple of times. Came with a 3 month warranty.
Old 07-11-16, 02:16 PM
FatherTo1
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by Yohimbo
Color: Black/Ecru
Mileage: 28k
Price: $18995
Date Purchased: 7/4/2016
Condition: a couple of very minor interior/exterior flaws
Private Party or Dealer: Dealer (one owner)
How Long Did You Search? 2-3 weeks
City & State: Medford, OR

Black was my least favorite color choice, but I've come to like the elegance of the exterior color with the interior ecru. Otherwise, it just didn't get driven. Had the battery replaced a couple of times. Came with a 3 month warranty.

That has to be a new low-mileage record! A pity the original owner didn't get to enjoy it on the road much, but great for you! Congrats!
Old 07-12-16, 02:46 PM
nedear168
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Color: Briarwood Pearl/Ivory
Mileage: 86k
Package Premium with Sport 18" rims
Price: $19k OTD
Date Purchased: 6/14/2016
Condition: Front/rear bumper refinished by dealer. Interior 9 out of 10. Everything works.
Complete Lexus Service Records? Yes (all same dealer)
Private Party or Dealer: Dealer (2 owners)
How Long Did You Search? 6+ months
City & State: Burlingame, California
Source (eBay, AutoTrader, Cars.com, etc.) dealer website.

I've been searching for a Moonlight Pearl with gray interior, but not much luck. I check dealer website periodically and found this one, they don't have time to post picture yet and I went and test drove bought it the next day. Dealer not giving much of discount.

So far...my family LOVE the LS spacious interior and the ML sound system. It sound even more richer with iPod adapter (VAIS).
Old 07-12-16, 02:54 PM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Received 269 Likes on 226 Posts

What I find fascinating is that dedicated lovers of our LS430s will still pay very strong prices for super low mileage cars. Bottom line is that these cars are still old cars.......anywhere from 10-15 years old. Even with low mileage, parts age, rubber gets dry, and even if driven very little, wear and tear still takes place. I still think that the best values out there are one owner, well maintained cars with "normal" over 100K miles for sometimes 1/2 the price of some of what our members are paying. However, everyone has their own comfort zone. Another analogy would be......if you wanted to replace a serpentine belt, or any car part....... would you purchase one that was never used but was manufactured 10-15 years ago? Of course, how a car has been stored (garaged within a climate control environment) makes a difference as well. Regardless....the LS430 was probably one of the best, over engineered Lexus models ever built. You can be sure they are not and will not be building them with the same quality again.
Old 07-13-16, 09:41 AM
texan_176
Intermediate

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Bocatrip
I still think that the best values out there are one owner, well maintained cars with "normal" over 100K miles for sometimes 1/2 the price of some of what our members are paying..
I completely agree.

This factor sold me on the 05 I bought recently.

The tires are also a huge deal to me. If they are mismatched or some x-brand it says the owner did not take pride in the car and just went with the least expensive option.

Matching Michelin tires less than a few years old says the previous owner cared to spend a premium to get quality. These are the kinds of people who usually change the oil on time and do not dog the car with hard acceleration, slamming the brakes, going fast over rough roads, etc.
Old 07-13-16, 11:39 AM
AgileLS430
Driver School Candidate

Year: 2006
Color: moonlight/cashmere
Mileage: 61k
Package (ML or UL): ML
Price: $18K
Date Purchased: 4/20/2016
Condition: 9/10
Private Party or Dealer: Dealer (second owner same family)
How Long Did You Search? 12 weeks
City & State: Chicago, Il

I had previously owned a 2013 WRX hatchback in plasma blue pearl prior to my Lexus. The car was parked in front of my house and someone plowed into the driverside and took off. The total damage when all was said and done was 13.7k but the insurance refused to total it out. I loved the car but just didnt like that it sustained that much damage to keep it. So I looked for an LS for a few weeks while my car was in the shop. By the time my car was out most of the color combos I preferred were sold. Then I stumbled across mine and seen how clean it was and was amazed. I traded the wrx in and now own my LS.
Old 07-13-16, 01:13 PM
Yohimbo
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FatherTo1
That has to be a new low-mileage record! A pity the original owner didn't get to enjoy it on the road much, but great for you! Congrats!
Thanks! It is quite "newish" in most ways. I don't mind paying a bit more to get a pristine example, and I'm not afraid of a little DIY wrenching. One of the best mass-produced cars ever made, IMO.
Old 07-14-16, 12:46 PM
Jobbyson
Rookie

Default 2003 ls 430

2003 LS430 160,000 miles paid 6500 and very clean. I'm happy so far, just have a headlight auto leveling motor issue. As far as reinstalling it. But other then that beautiful car.

Quick Reply: What did you pay for your recent LS430 purchase?