LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

What did you pay for your recent LS430 purchase?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-16, 09:47 PM
PabloMEX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2001 163K for $6000 off a private party. 2 owners. Straight body, no accidents. The department of licensing claimed it was worth 11000, and wanted me to pay the tax on that price. Had to print out info off KBB and Edmunds, and I then proceeded to slap them. Here is what it looks like: Pics
Old 01-28-16, 07:14 AM
toddmorr
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by LSGBR
2001 UL 39,000 one owner , dealer maintained. 15,200.
wow...you really paid a major premium for the low miles. That car is going to depreciate very quickly if you put any miles on it.
Old 01-29-16, 10:22 AM
Mark0106
Driver School Candidate

2006 ML LS430 18" wheels flint mica ML sound one owner like new all maint records. 88K MILES
PAID 20K . (local luxury car dealer)
Old 01-29-16, 03:19 PM
SilkTie
Driver School Candidate

Just signed the paperwork on my 06 we traded for yesterday here at the dealership. 40,076 miles Mercury (Silver color) with gray interior, Navi, Sport package. Spotless (other than a 3/4 inch scratch) full Lexus service records. One owner. Had to snag it before someone else here bought it. I was writing the check for it while the previous owner was still in the dealership.

Paid 14,200 plus tax and tag. Left side NADA is over 22k on this car.

Drove it home last night and could not be happier. I get a demo here at the dealership and still think I will be driving this more often than my demo.

Last edited by SilkTie; 02-01-16 at 01:25 PM.
Old 02-01-16, 08:29 AM
zmw
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SilkTie
Just signed the paperwork on my 06 we traded for yesterday here at the dealership. 40,076 miles Mercury with gray interior, Navi, Sport package. Spotless (other than a 3/4 inch scratch) full Lexus service records. One owner. Had to snag it before someone else here bought it. I was writing the check for it while the previous owner was still in the dealership.

Drove it home last night and could not be happier. I get a demo here at the dealership and still think I will be driving this more often than my demo.
so your dealership stole it from the person trading it in at 3k BELOW rough trade - please tell me where that is so I know never to do business with you =\
Old 02-01-16, 11:07 AM
toddmorr
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by zmw
so your dealership stole it from the person trading it in at 3k BELOW rough trade - please tell me where that is so I know never to do business with you =\
stole it??? pretty sure the seller was a totally willing participant.....who knows what reasons they had for selling it at what you perceive to be a lower than a "fair" price.
Old 02-01-16, 11:18 AM
SilkTie
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by zmw
HAHA, ok. So this gentleman who loves us by the way calls me and says "you sell me that 3.6 Outback limited for Invoice (they are bringing over that due to the rarity in this area) and give me $14,000 for my Lexus and we have a deal. So after taking the deal, he comes into the dealership and after talking with him about his Lexus he then proceeds to tell me " if you want it I can just sell it to you for $13,000 instead of trading it. I told him not only would that be wrong for me to do to the dealership, but it would cost him money in tax savings. He smiles and says that is why I drove 100 miles to buy from you guys and not the local dealership.

So I accepted his offer for his trade value and the price of our vehicle AND he ended up making $1,900 (including tax savings) cheaper than what he was willing to trade it for because he valued the fact that I have always loved this body style LS and I am a crook? BTW I am sure he is really hurting as he drove his new car back to his 300 acre farm.

I will pass along your concern the next time he stops in to the dealership.

Last edited by SilkTie; 02-01-16 at 11:31 AM.
Old 02-01-16, 11:25 AM
SilkTie
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by toddmorr
stole it??? pretty sure the seller was a totally willing participant.....who knows what reasons they had for selling it at what you perceive to be a lower than a "fair" price.
Exactly! Thank you
Old 02-01-16, 01:18 PM
tradosauru
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

HAHA, ok. So this gentleman who loves us by the way calls me and says "you sell me that 3.6 Outback limited for Invoice (they are bringing over that due to the rarity in this area) and give me $14,000 for my Lexus and we have a deal. So after taking the deal, he comes into the dealership and after talking with him about his Lexus he then proceeds to tell me " if you want it I can just sell it to you for $13,000 instead of trading it. I told him not only would that be wrong for me to do to the dealership, but it would cost him money in tax savings. He smiles and says that is why I drove 100 miles to buy from you guys and not the local dealership.

So I accepted his offer for his trade value and the price of our vehicle AND he ended up making $1,900 (including tax savings) cheaper than what he was willing to trade it for because he valued the fact that I have always loved this body style LS and I am a crook? BTW I am sure he is really hurting as he drove his new car back to his 300 acre farm.

I will pass along your concern the next time he stops in to the dealership.
I'm confused. How does the 40,076 miles Mercury with gray interior, Navi, Sport package fit into the picture?
Old 02-01-16, 01:24 PM
SilkTie
Driver School Candidate

The LS430 I purchased was traded into our dealership on a 2016 Outback 3.6r. ZMW implied that I and my dealership are crooks for paying too little for the vehicle in trade. The "40,076 miles Mercury" was the miles and color of the LS430. Isn't the Silver color called "Mercury"?
Old 02-01-16, 01:31 PM
tradosauru
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Ok. The Mercury threw me.
Old 02-01-16, 03:49 PM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Received 285 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by PabloMEX
2001 163K for $6000 off a private party. 2 owners. Straight body, no accidents. The department of licensing claimed it was worth 11000, and wanted me to pay the tax on that price. Had to print out info off KBB and Edmunds, and I then proceeded to slap them. Here is what it looks like: Pics
Nice car! Noticed a blank screen on your nav. Does your Nav work?
Old 02-01-16, 03:53 PM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Received 285 Likes on 239 Posts

Just signed the paperwork on my 06 we traded for yesterday here at the dealership. 40,076 miles Mercury (Silver color) with gray interior, Navi, Sport package. Spotless (other than a 3/4 inch scratch) full Lexus service records. One owner. Had to snag it before someone else here bought it. I was writing the check for it while the previous owner was still in the dealership.

Great deal! If your car is an original never painted well maintained car, you have a winner at that price! Good luck and enjoy.
Old 02-01-16, 04:31 PM
SilkTie
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Bocatrip
Great deal! If your car is an original never painted well maintained car, you have a winner at that price! Good luck and enjoy.
Thank you. I called the lexus dealership the vehicle has had every service at and the advisor knew exactly which car I was calling about. Said it was a 10 out of 10.

The wife drove it to work today instead of her Sport edition 2015 Passat and even though I warned her the car was "sneaky fast" and to be careful she got a ticket for 83 in a 70 . She said that she will stick to her turbo 4 instead of the v8.
Old 02-02-16, 02:12 PM
PabloMEX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Bocatrip
Nice car! Noticed a blank screen on your nav. Does your Nav work?
Thanks! Yes it works, probably just how my camera took the photo.

Quick Reply: What did you pay for your recent LS430 purchase?