MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Second car is what i'd like to have
Old 04-11-12, 03:14 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the first car will be considered a classic in less than 3 years then the states couldn't touch it and i could bring it back and register it as a classic and not have to pay extra crap and change out a bunch of stuff i am thinking about doing this...
Old 04-11-12, 07:31 PM
ultm8mind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

F50 is a good idea, I still wouldn't mind retro'ing some headlights with those
Old 04-12-12, 01:52 PM
F.Brown
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sojah, if I ever have the opportunity to move back to Japan, I would get a Skyline and a Crown Majesta for sure! I'd love to cruise around the states in a VIP'd out Majesta! Street dreams are made of these…

Yikes! http://speedhunters.com/archive/2012...a-on-ssrs.aspx

Last edited by F.Brown; 04-12-12 at 01:58 PM.
Old 04-14-12, 03:11 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

If I can get a convertible w/ turbo skyline then I would, else its not really my thing unless ur talkin a gtr

I sorta like that older body style majesta more than the brand new ones. That majesta was my memory from 10 years ao when I lived there. After searching for new ones I'm just not into em as much as I was, but a presidente I can definitely see in my future
Old 04-25-12, 08:12 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

sold the car yesterday... pretty sad about it actually...
Old 05-14-12, 11:24 AM
DDLexus
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by sojah
sold the car yesterday... pretty sad about it actually...
What price did you finally let the car go for? I know you were trying to sell it for over a year...
Old 06-22-12, 05:12 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

settled (in a monthly furnished hotel till our stuff arrives) in okinawa and went to look at that 1989 nissan presidente yesterday. loved the car but as a dd it may be a little too much. it was a huge car and had some huge taxes plus 3 different vip shops said they didn't really make a direct air susp kit for it and were afraid that if they customized one that it may not last too long.

now i'm going to go look at an already lowered and rimmed up white toyota crown today and see if maybe i can't be swayed

how are things back on the ls430 side of CL?
Old 06-23-12, 06:17 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

so i broke down and 'had' to purchase a 2005 or 2006 (i forget which) toyota crown athlete with already installed coilovers, a body kit, rolled fenders all the way around, pearl white , side visors, side mirror blinker covers, dvd nav override, a vaistech japanese equivalent, tint, rear seat amenities , stock 18's (it had 20's but i told them to put stocks and reduce the price which they did about 2k $ USD, grill, i got them to agree to install 3k hid fogs, debadged, custom side markers, rear trunk spoiler (m3 style), b pillar JP mirror things, and they are gonna replace the drivebelt and rotors/brake pads before i pick it up next week, plus detail inside and high pollish buff the exterior. i did pay a pretty penny for it by okinawa standards though at around 17,500 with the crappy yen rate at the moment and it has about 77,000 miles on the odo.

i was leaning towards the cima/presidente but couldn't pass up this mint white on black (interior was mint at about 9.5 of 10, exterior was about 8.5 of 10 but about -1 was the corroding 20" work wheels they presently had on it which they replaced with the stock 18's since i have some brand new vip modulars on their way soon

just wanted to let you all know that i'm keeping it in the fam with the crown that is in my opinion like a mix between the aristo and the celsior (gs and LS)
Old 06-23-12, 07:06 AM
waijai
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Pics man, pics!
Old 06-23-12, 07:24 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

hood is open and better pics soon, but you get the point

Old 06-23-12, 07:27 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

^ ^ ^ hmm , wow, not that i look at the pics it looks like the side window visors were on the custom grey/blue crown with the air susp that was parked in front of this one. well at least that will give me something to do to it.

i sooooooo wanted the custom blue/grey painted crown but it had about 100k miles on the odo and 2 years older and the interior was like a 6.5 out of 10 at the same price,,,,
Old 06-23-12, 10:20 AM
waijai
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Looks good man, I"m jealous of the # of modded cars available for sale there at a decent price.
Old 06-23-12, 04:17 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

yeah its crazy, there are just car lots full of modded cars for sale. on the air force base (kadena) there is a lemon lot as they call it with about 80 american owned cars for sale right now for a hell of a lot less than buying a car from a japanese dealership off base, but some of these have not been taken care of. you can find a bunch of modded cars in the lemon lot for anything between like 2-8k but again most have some exterior defects. it just bothers me to see a nice car and then you notice that half the rear diffuser is missing, or one side skirt is missing, or there is a gash in the side or something to this effect.

last time i was here 8 years ago i had paid about 6k$ for my car (y33 nissan gloria) and everyone swore i was big ballin' i just hope that buying a $17k car doesn't bring negative attention, and i am truely now thinking that it could. but what someone chooses to do with their own money shouldn't concern others though ;(
Old 06-23-12, 04:23 PM
ultm8mind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

haters gonna hate bro, do your thing...nice pick up man, I like it. what you going to put for rims?

Quick Reply: moving to japan