LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Lonely LS

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-11, 01:07 PM
DDLexus
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Lonely LS

Not sure how many of you go to extreme to park your car away from other cars, but i usually do in all my cars. This picture does a good job of showing what I mean. I returned from a short business trip and found that my car was the only one around. Made me smile. No door dings this week!

Cheers.
Attached Thumbnails Lonely LS-lonely_lot_sm.jpg  
Old 09-01-11, 01:22 PM
Jabberwock

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

I can relate. Nice work and any way a little exercise is good for everyone.
Old 09-01-11, 02:05 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so i occasionally will park like that, but it never fails that i will come back and there will be another car parked all up on mine... then i met a coworker/friend who intentionally parks all close to what he says are **** *** people parking so far away from the other cars on purpose. now i really don't try so hard anymore. seems to me that the things in my life i try so hard to take care of just get messed up like everything else and **** me off in the process.

nice pic though
Old 09-01-11, 03:06 PM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

Your coworker sounds like kind of an inconsiderate a-hole.
Old 09-01-11, 03:57 PM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I try to park either just beyond the last cars in a lot or next to an island with plenty of room on the opposite side.

Speaking of lonely, my LS has been sitting in the garage for the past two days as I traded in the Outback and bought a new Prius. I'm trying to shake out any bugs with it.
Old 09-01-11, 04:54 PM
DDLexus
Racer

Sojah. I think people in the South have a bit more respect for each other. Most car dings are due to carelessness rather than malice. At least that's what i would like to believe.
Old 09-01-11, 05:19 PM
spender
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DDLexus
Sojah. I think people in the South have a bit more respect for each other. Most car dings are due to carelessness rather than malice. At least that's what i would like to believe.
I like your world view, your post improved my day. Cheers!
Old 09-01-11, 05:35 PM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by DDLexus
You may be right, except for those with truck ***** hanging from the rear bumper.
Old 09-01-11, 06:15 PM
Bocatrip
Lead Lap

Received 269 Likes on 226 Posts

The great thing about living in Florida is that all the parking spaces are EXTREMELY WIDE. I also look for an "end spot" parking right up to the curb. I do not like to park too far from the crowd as I feel it won't be as safe.
Old 09-01-11, 07:54 PM
So Philly1
Lexus Test Driver

Hey DD

Your a 430 owner after my own heart. I park super far away or use my handicap spot and park super close. Folks are inconsiderate to the things you work hard & pay alot of money for.

Dont feel bad bro...
YOUR NOT ALONE!!
Old 09-02-11, 12:04 AM
jac430
Driver

The others probably did not have a flat battery

I also try to keep some distance between my car and the others.
And being the only one in a car park is quite acceptable.

Jac
Old 09-02-11, 03:35 AM
vollandt
Driver

If you can't find a wide spot with no cars around, try and park next to someone that seems to give a crap about their car (clean.. shiny..?). Hopefully they'll car enough about their car not to just let their door swing open and hit yours. Also, avoid parking next to cars with child seats or appear to be used to shuttle young children or cars driven by seniors. Kids, parents managing kids, and geezers are all less likely than avg to be absent minded enough to let the door swing open.
Old 09-02-11, 04:53 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by vollandt
If you can't find a wide spot with no cars around, try and park next to someone that seems to give a crap about their car (clean.. shiny..?). Hopefully they'll car enough about their car not to just let their door swing open and hit yours. Also, avoid parking next to cars with child seats or appear to be used to shuttle young children or cars driven by seniors. Kids, parents managing kids, and geezers are all less likely than avg to be absent minded enough to let the door swing open.
not all geezers i'm afraid... my neighborhood is full of careless rich old ****** geezers who well frankly don't seem to care. but i got an agreement with a few others who share the same careful mindset i do and we all try to park next to each other,, its actually rather amusing cuz us 3 will park next to each other or intentionally in the middle of the other 2 of us when there are clearly open spaces all around makes me smile to look out and see my car between there's when lots of other spaces are available...

cuz it never fails that if i don't do that when i wake up in the A.m. that i will be sandwiched between 2 brand new 3 series-esq convertables that have more battle scars than a teenagers first car. and most of these individuals have dc plates {not to point fingers} and just show up for the weekends.
Old 09-02-11, 05:10 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

I have friend who dose dent repairs up in DE, after he took hail and door dings out of my car I park waaaay out, near and island, next to handicap spots to avoid door dings. In the parking deck at work I park in between the concrete supports parking spots to avoid door dings, but sometimes when i park way out some assclown with a raggedy-azz car (looks like he has a Ur Fault Policy) is all up me!! Man that really pisses me off when I come back to car and see that, I live in the south and it depends on if someone wants to be a epic douche and park up on you. I refuse to be that guy that takes up to parking spots b/c you are just asking for it and I hate it when I do see someone who did it.
Old 09-02-11, 05:43 AM
DDLexus
Racer

It's a tough call. You try to find the perfect spot, away from others, between walls or supports, end spot next to curb, next to a handicap spot, etc... I recall driving through many parking lots looking for that perfect spot... and what's parked there, a little Honda Civic or something. We're all on the same page, we love our car and have the same mindset.

Good thought... parking next to minivans with sliding doors might be a next best thing to an end spot

Quick Reply: Lonely LS