LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Installing rear sway Bar

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-16, 09:18 AM
bmore430
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by takimanpgt
I have a feeling this gentleman from NY that you want install pics from is just blowing smoke with his extensive mod list. In other words - I call bull**** on anything done to his car. If he even has a car.

Supposedly has an LS1 with T56 swap. And urethane motor mounts. And ultra racing catalog of parts. And BC coilovers. And a wood grain kit. And what not. I have nicely asked for pics multiple times to prove myself wrong. And no comment has been made in return.And no pic either.

So, again, I am no dreamer but I can tell you - there shall be no install thread of any kind with any pics. Prove me wrong and I will admit my instincts were baseless and that I made a crude error in judgement. And take a public flogging on this very LS forum.
I think you are right. I started to get that feeling after reading back through some posts on here.
Old 11-08-16, 07:35 AM
bmore430
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by toantran99
Do not remove the height sensor to remove the sway bar. I did that and now mine stop working. afs light kept on blinking.
what is the proper way to deal with the height sensor when installing the sway bar? just unbolt it but don't Unplug? how did you fix the light?
Old 11-12-16, 05:14 AM
takimanpgt
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by bmore430
I think you are right. I started to get that feeling after reading back through some posts on here.
He has been visiting the forum quite frequently but not posting responses at all. Hmmmm. Makes me think lots of truth to the matter....

I would have liked to to see me wrong, frankly. Aaah well.

As for AFS sensor, the whole sensor can be taken apart and put back together. There's not really anything to that sensor - a few springs and a few contact points for the springs and a connector. If you are wary, I'd disconnect the physical linkage and hang it off the connector. If you are not, this is a good time to take the sensor apart, clean it and reseal it watertight with some RTV instead of the little rubber gasket it has from the OEM and then reconnect the linkage with some good grease lubing the joint.
Old 11-15-16, 08:52 AM
bmore430
Lead Lap

RKW Posted an excellent diagram on the front stabilizer bar specs for proper installation.

Does anyone have a diagram or know the torque specs for the rear swaybar install for the endlinks, bushings etc?
Old 11-15-16, 11:17 AM
rkw77080
Lexus Champion

Received 675 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by bmore430
RKW Posted an excellent diagram on the front stabilizer bar specs for proper installation.

Does anyone have a diagram or know the torque specs for the rear swaybar install for the endlinks, bushings etc?
Old 11-15-16, 12:19 PM
bmore430
Lead Lap

You are a saint RKW. Printing these all out for my records. Hopefully have everything installed by end of the week.
Old 09-23-19, 05:16 PM
westopill
Intermediate

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

I ordered my sport sway bar and new sport bushings on mylparts for a total of around $223. I'll be installing sometime next week and will report if I feel a difference. I'm really just trying to eliminate body roll, as thats the only thing holding me back from coining this car "the perfect car". My struts are still original and have 155,000 miles on them, so clearly thats a big contributor to the body roll as well. Next summer I'll be installing new struts all around with OEM sport struts to give the car a more firm and secure feel.
Old 09-30-19, 08:16 PM
westopill
Intermediate

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts

Just installed my sway bar today and the car glides without interruption on the highway! It really is a noticeable difference, although not a major difference. I'm sure the new sway bar end links have helped too since the old ones were pretty shot.

Total cost me about $260 for the sport sway bar, end links, and sport bushings. I used Beck Arnley end links since they a lot cheaper and OEM quality.
Old 10-01-19, 08:33 AM
biosurfer1
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Thanks for the update. Might have to put this on my list of upgrades down the road. Just hit 90k on mine and besides going through typical maintenance, I've been checking all bushings out and so far things look fine. Its nice things don't need attention but at the same time, doesn't give me a reason to upgrade
Old 10-01-19, 04:42 PM
Peacebay
Advanced

Received 253 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by biosurfer1
Thanks for the update. Might have to put this on my list of upgrades down the road. Just hit 90k on mine and besides going through typical maintenance, I've been checking all bushings out and so far things look fine. Its nice things don't need attention but at the same time, doesn't give me a reason to upgrade
Just do what I usually do. You know, start fixing things that aren’t broken until you break them
Old 10-03-19, 01:39 PM
Bobaboy35
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Peacebay
Just do what I usually do. You know, start fixing things that aren’t broken until you break them
Ah. That's how the blackhole starts forming .

Recently got my Lexus, and I've decided this is how my blackhole will start.