LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Ls430 ipod connection

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-11, 11:16 AM
Muti007
Advanced

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by McSwine
It's not that hard to install one of the direct adapters. My IQ is in the lower/middle 80's and I managed to pull it off.

In addition to sounding better, you don't have a tampon string hanging out of your dash.

This is the one I got...but it was on sale when I got it for considerably less money. I got this one for the second aux input (for sat/radio & mp3 player) since I don't do iTunes.

http://www.ipodcarpros.com/product_i...roducts_id=166

This is in no way to demean the Philips cassette adapter people...I have one I used a few times and decided to find a better way. For the money, you can't beat it.
Any idea if you use the adapter youre using if youd be able to play video from your iphone/ipod on the screen on the go?
Old 03-22-11, 11:49 AM
McSwine
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Muti007
Any idea if you use the adapter youre using if youd be able to play video from your iphone/ipod on the screen on the go?
Don't have nav, so at least in my case, no. Hopefully someone else can help you out.
Old 03-22-11, 02:36 PM
iShift
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CarGuy89
@iShift: Check out my link. I'm probably one of the few who run cassette adapters as most members have hardwired a connection (I would too, but I'm apprehensive about taking apart half the dashboard). See my link above, the tape by Sony has virtually no distortion or ghost background noise. I run an iphone 3GS with it. Don't crank the volume on the ipod...leave it at 75% or below and the sound should come in crystal clear. Also, the cassette adapter itself makes a huge difference. I've cassettes from other companies and they all leave something to be desired and fall way short of the one made by Sony.
I just ordered it online and it's coming in tomorrow! i'll let you know how it goes.

@thinkin. I went to walmart yesterday and there were two racks that were sold out of these cassette tapes
Old 03-22-11, 02:47 PM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by iShift
I just ordered it online and it's coming in tomorrow! i'll let you know how it goes.
Good luck, hope you find it satisfactory (or better yet, good). Let us know!
Old 05-14-11, 08:18 AM
IowaVol
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recently bought an '04 LS with Nav. There is an Ipod connection wired through the glove box, but I can't figure out what to turn the stereo to get it to play through the speakers. Any suggestions? I also have XM satellite if that helps.
Old 05-14-11, 10:26 AM
Jabberwock

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

Yours may be a different input box/process but try this - depress the CD button twice - that's what makes my ipod connection come on line. The first press selects CD, second press selects the ipod input. If that does not work try selecting some of the other input buttons twice. If all else fails you will have to open up the radio and console trim to see exactly what interface box you have installed back there and then search online for the input instructions based on how its installed and how its switches are set.
Old 05-14-11, 11:49 AM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by Jabberwock
Yours may be a different input box/process but try this - depress the CD button twice - that's what makes my ipod connection come on line. The first press selects CD, second press selects the ipod input. If that does not work try selecting some of the other input buttons twice. If all else fails you will have to open up the radio and console trim to see exactly what interface box you have installed back there and then search online for the input instructions based on how its installed and how its switches are set.
Pressing the CD button twice is the way the VaisTech units work.