LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

I have a problem with THE ULTIMATE LOCKPICK 1 ... need to help ...

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-11, 03:50 AM
Maistro
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I have a problem with THE ULTIMATE LOCKPICK 1 ... need to help ...

Hi ...

I have a Lexus 2005 LS 430 .. With NAV ... Without factory dvd player

I bought ULTIMATE LOCKPICK1 .. ( For more information http://www.coastaletech.com/DELUXE_LOCKPICK . )

I've install it myself .. Installation was very easy ... But after installation .. I do not know whether the device is working or not? How I know it works? .. I tried to connect the Digital TV Receiver … ( For more information http://www.chinavasion.com/car-accessories/cvauc91/ ) ... But did not work with me

I am basically .. Do not know whether your ULTIMATE LOCKPICK1 works with me or not .. maybe manufacturers defect … And how to make it run? .. Is there a particular button press it? ... What have I done? I went to radio ... I do not see only those photos ...

... I cannot find a DVD or any another thing ..

Does not work with me only this property ... (Remove "I AGREE" screen) … But these features … Allow you to INPUT DESTINATIONS ( Not working )

What are your suggestions for me? .. Is the device that I bought does not work? .. Or I did not know how to make it run? .. I need your help

Last edited by Maistro; 03-08-11 at 03:53 AM.
Old 03-08-11, 06:23 AM
Maistro
Driver School Candidate

Support of my problem ... Please watch my video ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FaXu04U17bg

Notes that the feature (Remove "I AGREE" screen) Working ok .. BUT another feature like ( Allow you to INPUT DESTINATIONS ) Not working ...

What do you think now?
Old 03-08-11, 06:30 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

You haven't enabled the override; it doesn't work until you do that.

Once you push the destination button, you see that little red 'target' button up in the top left hand side? That wasn't there before and is from the lockpick.

You need to push that red target button, let the override feature run and then the menus will be available in motion.

This will only work with ver 5.1 and below (from memory, so not 100% but think that is when the override went away).
Old 03-08-11, 11:52 AM
Maistro
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DaveGS4

Once you push the destination button, you see that little red 'target' button up in the top left hand side? That wasn't there before and is from the lockpick.

You need to push that red target button, let the override feature run and then the menus will be available in motion.

This will only work with ver 5.1 and below (from memory, so not 100% but think that is when the override went away).
Thanks for the response ...

But when you read the device properties .. You will read the following ...

Allow you to INPUT DESTINATIONS and search addresses while in motion (you will no longer have to stop to allow even your passenger to find an address)

This property does not work with me ...

Otherwise, I can enabled the override by

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysXzM9t7erQ

But it was supposed to be the device that I bought that works automatically
Old 03-08-11, 12:34 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

I know what it does and how it works... I have one in my LS . It is NOT 'automatic', it does exactly the same thing as the service menu override, just does in a more automated fashion.

Like I said, push the little red button up at the top left hand side of your screen and it'll automatically do the same thing that you posted in the override clip above. You can do it while in motion or stopped.
Old 03-09-11, 01:10 AM
Maistro
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DaveGS4

I got it

.. Thank you very much ..

You told me about something .. Manufacturer did not tell me about it

Now we solved (Allow you to INPUT DESTINATIONS ) problem ...

We have left .. How do we make sure that the RCA cable works or not ...

I as I said earlier .. I tested this device Digital TV Receiver .. I did not see any effect ...

How do I know it works? .. Is there a button? Or specific steps I am doing it? Such as our work in enabled the override

Thank you so much
Old 03-09-11, 08:11 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

I don't have the video portion of mine hooked up so I'm not going to be as helpful there. I know when I use the mini audio connector from the lockpick I basically cycle through the CD changer inputs to get to the one for the lockpick. I also have a vaistech that uses that same input button (CD) and is setup as a MD player.

I'd suggest getting the video going / playing, hook it up and start pushing the CD button to see if it shows up.
Old 03-11-11, 07:20 AM
mmac
Driver School Candidate

So are you are saying you can daisy chain both a lockpick and a vaistech and have the functionality of both?
Old 09-02-16, 07:07 AM
Damian@FI
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mmac
So are you are saying you can daisy chain both a lockpick and a vaistech and have the functionality of both?
I'd like to know this also.