LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

why do people lower the 430?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-12, 09:04 PM
sajack
Intermediate

Received 101 Likes on 71 Posts

[QUOTE=stemirra;7539318]Saddle wald weds kranze vishunu I still have absolutely no idea what these words mean and have NEVER EVER EVEN ONCE seen a lowered LS430 that looked better lowered or with big aftermarket rims/low profile tires than factory (in fact the only place I have ever seen them is here on this site, never in person). I always feel sorry for the car and think to myself what a shame that was once such a nice car. I know I can't be alone here with this thought. Doing this absolutley lessens the handling, quietness and comfort of the car and I can not think of any other major $$$ investment that you can make to a car that in the end will never increase it's value or in fact severely limits it's marketability making such a wonderful car appeal to so few in the market for one if it is ever to be resold). That being said to each his own and you must do what makes YOU happy. I just don't get it though.

DITTO! I couldn't have said it better myself. These cars are too nice to screw up.
Old 10-13-12, 09:06 PM
ultm8mind
Lexus Test Driver

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by stemirra
Saddle wald weds kranze vishunu I still have absolutely no idea what these words mean and have NEVER EVER EVEN ONCE seen a lowered LS430 that looked better lowered or with big aftermarket rims/low profile tires than factory (in fact the only place I have ever seen them is here on this site, never in person). I always feel sorry for the car and think to myself what a shame that was once such a nice car. I know I can't be alone here with this thought. Doing this absolutley lessens the handling, quietness and comfort of the car and I can not think of any other major $$$ investment that you can make to a car that in the end will never increase it's value or in fact severely limits it's marketability making such a wonderful car appeal to so few in the market for one if it is ever to be resold). That being said to each his own and you must do what makes YOU happy. I just don't get it though.

Posted from ClubLexus.com App for Android
Why hate on other peoples tastes? Saddle= Interior color/ Wald= Bodykit/ Weds Kranze Vishunu= Rims. Consider yourself educated on the title now, lol. You learned something.
Old 10-13-12, 09:48 PM
C8V6C
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The car is just transportation...no matter how you look at it.

If you're happy with it completely stock, i am happy with mine sitting pretty on the ground.

I could never own a completely stock car for a long period of time
Old 10-13-12, 09:55 PM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

^^^^ with u on this... I've had prob about 8 cars and the only ones i left stock was the mercedes and the infiniti... And thats only because the mrs. drives them mostly. My dailys have to be modified somehow
Old 10-13-12, 10:02 PM
C8V6C
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, not counting the wife's cars...even since my first car in highschool, my cars have always had wheels, suspension, performance, sound, or all the above.

Sometimes I wish I could drive completely stock and original cars and be happy...but in my eyes, everything can be personalized and/or upgraded
Old 06-05-13, 01:58 PM
LexoRoller
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

YES!!! ScottGolf, (though I was the only one who feels this way)... I'm with you bro.... This is one of the best riding luxury cars ever massed produced, with suburb handling for a car of its size and I see it ruined by slamming and ramming it all the time. Then they ride like a wagon, but I'm sure it handles like an IS300, huh?

Nah, if wanted that, I would just get and IS300. Maybe nicer 18-20 inch rims, that's about all I will ever do to my 430 in respect to wheels/ suspension. Anything else takes away from the LS as the superior full size luxury car. IN MY OPINION.
Old 06-07-13, 07:29 PM
fensterlip
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think it's people exercising their wallet because of the appeal.
IMHO the expense can't ever be worth the slight loss of ride quality and the presumably sleeker look.
Everyone's different and maybe some people are looking for things to spend their money on.
I would hate the oil changes after lowering my LS
Old 06-07-13, 09:08 PM
gbracer04
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally would not like to travel long distances in a lowered LS. I prefer the nice ride the stock height gives when traveling. Thats why most of us bought these Luxury sedans. For the Luxury!!!..
Old 06-07-13, 09:15 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by gbracer04
I personally would not like to travel long distances in a lowered LS. I prefer the nice ride the stock height gives when traveling. Thats why most of us bought these Luxury sedans. For the Luxury!!!..
After having my LS lowered for a few months now, I would have to agree with you on that. I wouldn't take a long trip with it as low as it is right now.

The cool thing about coilovers is that you can raise it back up. It's not quite as nice as riding on OEM suspension, but it's still nicer than most cars.
Old 06-09-13, 07:00 AM
ma61
Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

There is one fact that has been overlooked here, which is there is a difference between lowering a car, and slamming it to the ground for no reason.

It used to be one would lower their vehicle because they wanted to improve the handling, and the looks as well.

But now, I think 80% of todays (newbie)car community just do it because its the newest trendy thing to do and they want to fit in with the hellaflush bandwagon losers.
Old 06-09-13, 07:11 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Smile

Originally Posted by ma61
There is one fact that has been overlooked here, which is there is a difference between lowering a car, and slamming it to the ground for no reason.

It used to be one would lower their vehicle because they wanted to improve the handling, and the looks as well.

But now, I think 80% of todays (newbie)car community just do it because its the newest trendy thing to do and they want to fit in with the hellaflush bandwagon losers.
That seems to be the case these days. Other than the muscle car guys nobody just lowers a car anymore, they just slam it. Everybody wants to be "stanced".

The funny thing is both of my Lexus' were slammed at one point completely by accident (I couldn't figure out how to raise my LS' coilovers and my SC's lowering springs dropped the car way lower than advertised) and everyone thought they looked amazing. I thought it was stupid because I couldn't even get into my driveway.
Old 06-09-13, 01:42 PM
KING
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Because it looks good.

Last edited by KING; 07-26-16 at 10:19 PM.
Old 06-09-13, 03:37 PM
BMW7_LS430
Instructor

Received 125 Likes on 98 Posts

It is like lowering your Jeans to the knees.
It makes it difficult if you ever need to run but some people think it looks cool.

j/k

Last edited by BMW7_LS430; 06-10-13 at 12:08 PM.
Old 06-10-13, 08:39 AM
KevinfrmSD
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's gangster.
Old 06-10-13, 10:03 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Smile

Originally Posted by tHeKiNg911
Oh I always wanted to ask this question! Whenever you find a tuned 430, it'll always be slammed down to the floor.
I really don't understand why, and I think and believe it makes the car lose 70% of it's looks.
I've noticed when guys lower their cars too much it makes the wheels look small and the car look funny. It varies with each car but I notice it a lot more on the LS and other big cars.

Originally Posted by BMW7_LS430
It is like lowering your leans to the knees.
It makes it difficult if you ever need to run but some people think it looks cool.

j/k

A lot of my friends used to wear basketball shorts underneath their baggy jeans in case they needed to run.

Originally Posted by KevinfrmSD
It's gangster.
It's VERY gangster!

Quick Reply: why do people lower the 430?