LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

430 or 460 (The Mother thread.)

Old 10-03-10, 10:42 AM
elite7
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by warminwisc
Click on autotrader 08 under 35 k (AT-111E6C7E) and there is a one owner, owner for sale L Touring model newly listed for sale with 29 k miles. Guy is saying all the right things and you have to like his Mods. You would save a boatload of cash even shipping it to your door in the long run. I would be careful and insist on knowing and talking to the dealer or garage he had it serviced at though to be the least bit interested. Then have the guy take it to a body shop to check the paint, then if all checks out it is a great deal. Probably 1500 to ship to CA.
That car is a complete scam... no vin number, no seller name, no phone number, etc.

It has to either be salvage or the listing is just one of those money scams where they tell you to send them money via western union, etc.

Here is the link.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...=65720697&ct=p

Thats easily a $45,000+ vehicle if the car really has 29,500 miles on it.

Just because he says it has 29,500 miles doesnt mean its true. On autotrader he can put 15,000 miles or even 10,000 miles too. He probably didnt put a vin number because its either salvage or you would uncover the true mileage.

You get what you pay for.

Last edited by elite7; 10-03-10 at 11:17 AM.
Old 10-03-10, 10:44 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i asked the guy for the vin number,, no response yet
Old 10-03-10, 11:17 AM
elite7
Driver

Originally Posted by sojah
i asked the guy for the vin number,, no response yet
Call him up here is his listing:

http://ajcexchange.com/2-Cars-Other-.../694291/detail

No vin number, im betting its either salvage or its a scam.
Old 10-03-10, 11:40 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

well i emailed him too,, if this is legit i will fly down this week and see about adding a flint mica 460 next to my non garage havin' flint mica 430UL reserved parking spot
Old 10-03-10, 11:45 AM
Vpanin
Pole Position

First years model usually has plenty of issues. The only way i would buy the 460 is if its 2008 and up.......for that reason
Old 10-03-10, 11:49 AM
warminwisc
Lexus Champion

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

For sure does sounds to good to be true. Remotely some rich geezer, who knows, got low balled by the dealer 1 picture cause he knew it would sell without dealing with the phone and is is sold already. Probably never know, but it is easy to just click on new listings and be the first to view a website, and buy the car in 2 days like I did for a sweet deal. If you have a few minutes a day to call and weed em out but if anything sounds fishy even like the tone of their voice say goodby. JMHO Warm
Old 10-03-10, 11:57 AM
RED95sc
Pole Position

from a reliability stand point, the 430 is the way to go. i worked for lexus, and i see too many 460s coming in with recall issues. one customer broke his valve springs twice, yes i said valve spring. the 430 is a more solid well built car. lexus was trying to cut cost, and going for profit with their new vehicles. the 460 does have way more features, and its faster. but i would go with a 05 LS430 ultra luxury silver with black interior.
Old 10-03-10, 07:07 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Haahhahahah, its a complete scam.. I got a response to my email and since I'm on my phone I will copy and paste the email in here for a good laugh tomorrow from my computer... its almost as bad if not worse than those nigerian prince wire transfer scams. I just wonder who's car the actually got the pics of and if anyone recognizes this car from the atl area they should seriously ban the guy who trying this scam or alloweed someone to use his car for this scam... someone should check on the 460 side to see if anyone in the atl area recognizes this car.
Old 10-04-10, 04:14 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

this is the response i got to my email:

Hello there,

I've received an empty message from you regarding my car.
I have some health problems and I was in the hospital. I'm selling the car because I'm ill. I don't need the car anymore.
The car is still for sale and is in excellent condition, no dents, scratches, flaws or any kind of damage. It wasn’t involved in any accident and has never suffered any kind of damage. The car is fully paid so the title is clear (no lien). If you want extra photos or the CARFAX report (for free) just let me know. My asking price is $33,500.
I want the payment to be handled by Edmunds Autos warranty. They will keep the money until you inspect the car. You will be able to inspect the vehicle for 4 days before to buy it. I will pay for the shipping charges so don't worry for any additional costs. If my terms are accepted I'll reserve the car for you.
I'm looking forward hearing from you. I don't want to offend you, but the car is priced for a fast sale so please if you intend to apply for a loan or financing we can't forward with the transaction!

Thanks,
Scott
Old 10-04-10, 05:06 AM
Jabberwock

Received 203 Likes on 166 Posts

Holy cow the seller sounds like a saint. And this car sounds like a crazy good deal.

I'd suggest you wire the money (or at least a sizable deposit asap if the seller will accept that) to Edmunds Auto warranty...yea right.

While you are at it PM me your bank checking account number also. I want to put a few thousand $ in there for you...cause I am actually Santa Claus...but shhhh....don't tell anyone else.
Old 10-04-10, 05:27 AM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

In your response, tell him you are a Nigerian Prince and are looking for a hip limo for use while you attend school in Miami. Send him a (bogus) certified check for $50,000 with instructions to ship the car to your new school. He is then to send you a check for the balance after paying for the car, shipping, and an extra $500 for his trouble.
Old 10-04-10, 08:50 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

if someone want to type up a quick response email ^ ^ ^ (mentioning my counter nigerian prince offer) i will gladly reply with that note.
Old 10-04-10, 09:12 AM
caddyowner
Recovering Lexus Addict

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

So sorry my Nigerian Prince overpayment scam English not so good. It wonderful that you such honest and blessed person. Thank you.
Old 10-04-10, 09:15 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

haaaaaarrrrrr ^ ^^ thats pirate speak for hahahaha
Old 10-04-10, 01:12 PM
CarGuy89
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I am huge Nigerian prince with ownership half country. I need car to be sent England where my son study. He need car now and willing to pay $100,000 plus shipping. I owner of 3 bank here. I need car.

Good days to you
Bank of Nigeria

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 430 or 460 (The Mother thread.)