Ls430 , planning for next car

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-14, 10:52 PM
aaauae
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ls430 , planning for next car

hey guys ,

I am Adnan , I am from United Arab Emirates(Dubai) , amazing to see a big community for lexus , we love this car here , this car gets imported here and we love it .

I am planning on a car for basically highways on .
we have high way speed limits of 86 mph ( 140kmh) so we cruise just below it .
I wanted to ask you guys hows the MPG on this car . I do daily 225 miles to work and back home .

I am considering the 04+ models , I know they comes with air suspension . how reliable is the air suspension ?
does it come with an AUX port ? cos I use it a lot .

what are the reliability issues on the car... I am planning to keep it atleast 5 year .

Thanks guys

much love from UAE ...
Old 03-31-14, 12:12 AM
writes123
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

no aux port via factory. aftermarket is available.

23-25 mpg @ that speed (this is on 90% gas/10% ethanol mix)

air suspension usually needs to be replaced @ 100-120k miles. only UL models have it.
Old 03-31-14, 08:39 AM
aaauae
Driver

where can i get the Aux input and is it plug and play or how it works ?

how reliable is the car ?

whats the top speed it can get till ? cos i am driving Altima 3.5 for daily and got a LX470 lexus too ..
the Altima is pretty quick and can do easily above 250kmh ...
Old 03-31-14, 09:03 AM
writes123
Pole Position

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

see: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...-05-ls430.html

from usa, 131 mph

reliability: with regular maintenance 350k miles + easily (the most reliable car on the planet)

search the clublexus forums via google for aux input options or go old school with a cassette tape adapter.
Old 03-31-14, 09:24 AM
UGKkllr
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine has 119k miles on it and I am averaging 23 miles per gallon on each tank right now. I would guess I get 25mpg on the highway and maybe 20 around town. I drive very gently too. I am on old worn out tires tho so maybe I will get better fuel efficiency when I replace them . Transmission shifts like a brand new car still
Old 03-31-14, 10:03 AM
toddmorr
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

hey Adnan,,,who cares what the LS430 gas mileage is...you're in the UAE my friend. land of $1.50 gas ! I have fond memories of living there and driving the heck out of my 2001 land cruiser with all its glorious 12 mpg.
anyway, enjoy the LS....your commute will go quick with the LS comfort and quiet.
Old 03-31-14, 10:14 AM
empringham
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

beyond jealous of those highway speeds. Do you guys generally import your UCF's from the USA or from japan?

sorry I'm just not sure what the import laws there are.

As far as milage goes on these cars, they get very reasonable fuel economy on the highway, in my personal opinion. I don't know if id specifically want to get one with air suspension though, they are very costly to replace if they blow out, id imagine even more so costly if you're in the UAE.
Old 03-31-14, 10:29 AM
toddmorr
Lead Lap

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

yeah the speed limits were decent in the UAE but there was no leeway at all....radar cameras everywhere. I took a radar detector over there and stopped using it after a while because there were so many radar cameras. No cops, just cameras.
getting off topic...but it was fun in UAE. the one highway with no cameras or cops was into Oman....literally hour after hour at about 100 mph in my Toyota land cruiser. LoL...at that speed you watched the gas needle drop on the big V8 in that beast
Old 03-31-14, 10:49 AM
aaauae
Driver

Originally Posted by writes123
see: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...-05-ls430.html

from usa, 131 mph

reliability: with regular maintenance 350k miles + easily (the most reliable car on the planet)

search the clublexus forums via google for aux input options or go old school with a cassette tape adapter.
131mph is too low for our driving here ...
Old 03-31-14, 10:51 AM
aaauae
Driver

Originally Posted by empringham
beyond jealous of those highway speeds. Do you guys generally import your UCF's from the USA or from japan?

sorry I'm just not sure what the import laws there are.

As far as milage goes on these cars, they get very reasonable fuel economy on the highway, in my personal opinion. I don't know if id specifically want to get one with air suspension though, they are very costly to replace if they blow out, id imagine even more so costly if you're in the UAE.
we import them from USA , as the cars we have are left hand drive here , and japan are RHD , so doesnt work here ...

i wont be going with UL version , dont want issues with air suspensions
Old 03-31-14, 10:53 AM
aaauae
Driver

Originally Posted by toddmorr
yeah the speed limits were decent in the UAE but there was no leeway at all....radar cameras everywhere. I took a radar detector over there and stopped using it after a while because there were so many radar cameras. No cops, just cameras.
getting off topic...but it was fun in UAE. the one highway with no cameras or cops was into Oman....literally hour after hour at about 100 mph in my Toyota land cruiser. LoL...at that speed you watched the gas needle drop on the big V8 in that beast
well i do Alain - Dubai every day , and i do get a good stretch of roads where there are no cameras , so its usuall to push the car ...

its amazing here ... yup fuel is very cheap here , but not cheaper than Saudi arabia where water is more expensive than fuel
Old 03-31-14, 10:58 AM
aaauae
Driver

One question ? ... the 05+ are 6 speed transmissions and the previous are 5 speed right ?

does the 05+ come with remote start or smart key ?
Old 03-31-14, 12:11 PM
empringham
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by aaauae
we import them from USA , as the cars we have are left hand drive here , and japan are RHD , so doesnt work here ...

i wont be going with UL version , dont want issues with air suspensions
Good choice. Its crazy how different the import laws are wherever you go. In canada we can get a car from japan as long as its 15 years old. Some R34 GT-R's are already here. So you can't get anything JDM there at all?

Good choice about the Air suspension by the way. I think you'd be better off to buy a aftermarket kit if you REALLY wanted it.
Old 03-31-14, 12:16 PM
aaauae
Driver

Originally Posted by empringham
Good choice. Its crazy how different the import laws are wherever you go. In canada we can get a car from japan as long as its 15 years old. Some R34 GT-R's are already here. So you can't get anything JDM there at all?

Good choice about the Air suspension by the way. I think you'd be better off to buy a aftermarket kit if you REALLY wanted it.
We have the biggest place for jdm stuff , like jdm wherls cars etc etc everything from japan gets here then sold to the rest of the world .... already got a pair of jdm SSR rims and te37 sl rims for my next car