LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

LS 430 Door Lock Actuator Tutorial

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-13, 02:03 PM
BizEagle
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BMW7_LS430
There are so many scratches on the motor. I am guessing it must be a used motor from junkyard or something. Anyways it is not available anymore.
Are you saying the photo on the vendor's web site showed scratches on the motor housing?
Old 08-21-13, 07:17 AM
LazyAccent
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm, thats odd, the link still works. Also when I got the motor it was packaged in original packaging and brand new. There were no scratches or anything and everything functions perfectly now. If it was indeed scratchy I wouldnt care, Im not looking at the door lock motor anyways haha.

Last edited by LazyAccent; 08-21-13 at 07:22 AM.
Old 08-21-13, 08:56 AM
BigWalt
Driver

Originally Posted by LazyAccent
Hmm, thats odd, the link still works. Also when I got the motor it was packaged in original packaging and brand new. There were no scratches or anything and everything functions perfectly now. If it was indeed scratchy I wouldnt care, Im not looking at the door lock motor anyways haha.
It was a direct fit or did you have to file it? My pass side door needs to get done
Old 08-21-13, 04:18 PM
BMW7_LS430
Instructor

Received 125 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by BigWalt
It was a direct fit or did you have to file it? My pass side door needs to get done
It looks like it is a direct fit. I would have preferred this instead of filing. I don;t think I did a good job filing it but it works so I am not going to change it now.
Old 08-21-13, 05:07 PM
BizEagle
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I need to replace the motor in my driver door (LS430 '03). I am a really good backyard mechanic but I would much prefer not to file the shaft.
Old 09-07-13, 05:51 AM
Lexnewbie
Driver School Candidate

Question for the old pros here: in the past week three of my 430's actuators appear to be on the blink - during the heat of the day. At night and in the morning they work beautifully.

What are the chances that 3 actuators would simultaneously fail and then simultaneously begin to work.

Having read the thread, I've pretty much convinced myself that this CAN happen - given the Arizona member's problems with his old motor housing/new armature/heat of the sun separating the two phenomenon. But what are the odds?

(Doors in question are the driver, front passenger, rear passenger.)
Old 09-07-13, 07:31 AM
BMW7_LS430
Instructor

Originally Posted by Lexnewbie
Question for the old pros here: in the past week three of my 430's actuators appear to be on the blink - during the heat of the day. At night and in the morning they work beautifully.

What are the chances that 3 actuators would simultaneously fail and then simultaneously begin to work.

Having read the thread, I've pretty much convinced myself that this CAN happen - given the Arizona member's problems with his old motor housing/new armature/heat of the sun separating the two phenomenon. But what are the odds?

(Doors in question are the driver, front passenger, rear passenger.)
Each actuator is separate and they have their own motor. What you said is possible but it happening with all three at the same time everytime is like odds of a lottery.
Check battery under the hood.
Old 09-09-13, 04:20 AM
lexie430
7th Gear

Each actuator is separate and they have their own motor. What you said is possible but it happening with all three at the same time everytime is like odds of a lottery.
Check battery under the hood.
Anything's possible, but it's the driver's door that usually goes first, since it goes through 2 cycles every time you double click to unlock all doors.
Old 09-09-13, 11:38 AM
groomerz
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i think it is possible. there are 2 sce3narios 1 that the motors are not working correctly or that the slide contact inside the actuator is the problem . The door lock control module actuates the lock motors until the slide contacts signal open or closed locked or unlocked. When problem occurs try manually moving lock to other position and see if it will then go back via power. if so motor might be ok and the contacts could be not changing signal from lock to unlock (open or closed switch) th heat could be causing the grease on slide switch to interfere with the connection ot the contacts to lose their spring tension. somewhere in this thread there is an explanation of the slide contact switch signals .. i replace a motor and had a slide contact problem Just my 2 cents
Old 09-10-13, 01:07 PM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 308 Likes on 228 Posts

Do you guys know if the door lock actuator is different if my car as the easy close option? My driver door is starting to act up and I am working on getting the dealer to send me the part under warranty but I am confused if the part is different from models that do not have this option.

I believe this is the part number:

http://www.lexussouthatlantaparts.co...912050030.html

Last edited by Lavrishevo; 09-10-13 at 01:34 PM.
Old 09-10-13, 06:50 PM
BMW7_LS430
Instructor

Originally Posted by Lavrishevo
Do you guys know if the door lock actuator is different if my car as the easy close option? My driver door is starting to act up and I am working on getting the dealer to send me the part under warranty but I am confused if the part is different from models that do not have this option.

I recently fixed my driver door and I have automatic door close option. See photos I posted few posts back.

I am not sure about the part number but I think it is about $900 or so. Part you linked may not be the right one.

It is not too bad of a DIY if you read this whole thread thoroughly and take your time doing the fix with a $5 dc motor.
Old 09-11-13, 04:30 AM
Lavrishevo
Lexus Fanatic

Received 308 Likes on 228 Posts

I recently fixed my driver door and I have automatic door close option. See photos I posted few posts back.

I am not sure about the part number but I think it is about $900 or so. Part you linked may not be the right one.

It is not too bad of a DIY if you read this whole thread thoroughly and take your time doing the fix with a $5 dc motor.
I have been reading about the Mabuchi motors. I'm not against this at all but since I am not paying for the part myself so I am going to take advantage getting the OEM assembly. I spoke with the dealer yesterday and this is the part they listed for me. Did you pay $900 for the part? Lexus of South Atlanta prices are about the most competitive I have seen so I know they beat out other online sources but $900 sounds outrageous.

Edit:
I did go ahead and order two motors off Amazon to have as backups for any other doors. for $22 it can't hurt.

Last edited by Lavrishevo; 09-11-13 at 05:41 AM.
Old 09-11-13, 07:01 PM
BMW7_LS430
Instructor

I have been reading about the Mabuchi motors. I'm not against this at all but since I am not paying for the part myself so I am going to take advantage getting the OEM assembly. I spoke with the dealer yesterday and this is the part they listed for me. Did you pay $900 for the part? Lexus of South Atlanta prices are about the most competitive I have seen so I know they beat out other online sources but $900 sounds outrageous.

Edit:
I did go ahead and order two motors off Amazon to have as backups for any other doors. for $22 it can't hurt.
I just fixed mine with a $6 motor. I ordered 2 just in case to have one as a back up.
While I was researching my options I had come across $900+ price for the actuator that goes with automatic door closure LS430 but I can't find the reference now. I did a quick search again and your price sounds more correct (Checked rockauto).
Old 09-12-13, 04:03 PM
69charger
Driver School Candidate

What exactly is the part you are looking for? The locking actuator is actually a plastic case in the door that houses the easy closer mechanism and the locking devices, many, many parts. Lexus sells only the entire case w/ closer for about $930.00. Tell me exactly what symptoms you're having, maybe I've had the same. 1969charger
Old 09-12-13, 06:20 PM
BMW7_LS430
Instructor

Originally Posted by 69charger
What exactly is the part you are looking for? The locking actuator is actually a plastic case in the door that houses the easy closer mechanism and the locking devices, many, many parts. Lexus sells only the entire case w/ closer for about $930.00. Tell me exactly what symptoms you're having, maybe I've had the same. 1969charger
Thanks for backing up my $900+ price claim.

Quick Reply: LS 430 Door Lock Actuator Tutorial