LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Data Systems / Air Suspension Issue

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-10, 12:24 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Data Systems / Air Suspension Issue

As I parked my car today I noticed the passenger side looked like it was jacked up on high. The left side was where it is always set. I drove in for 40 mins with no problems, made a quick stop, still no problems, then 5 mins later the settings were all messed up as I reversed into my stall. I shut the car off and even changed the settings on the controller I had for other heights but no change. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Old 07-14-10, 02:19 PM
wildace
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

something similar happened to me. try unplugging the cables from the back of the unit and connecting them back. i did this and left if overnight but u might not need to do it that way.
Old 07-14-10, 02:31 PM
waijai
Racer

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I keep reading and hearing other owners talk about how the Datasystems unit seems to just sometimes lose its mind and act funky.

Is there anyway we can get someone to contact Datasystems directly and ask for some type of support? I'm fixing to order one pretty soon, and I'd like to know if we have some type of recourse in getting these issues addressed. The language barrier seems to be an issue.
Old 07-14-10, 03:05 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

wildace - Thanks, I'll try that althogh it was a custom install and simply unplugging it may be difficult.

waijai - I say no dice, I couldn't even get an instruction manual in english much less talk to someone about it.
Old 07-14-10, 03:06 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

I know we have a lot of guys here with the same controller, anyone else with similar issues to mine?
Old 07-14-10, 05:46 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

When I first tried to purchase my previous datacontroller I was in japan at the time and the shop told me they had stopped selling it cuz of problems and customer complaints.. the store was autobox which is a very big auto parts chain in j-pan btw, but they told me they were buggy and basically told me to order one off the web and good luck but to expect some problems at some point during ownership, which I did.. lots of the same issues mentioned here.

The newer controller model hopefully is better but I would check and see if that chain is selling the newer controllers as a gauge for them having issues or not. I emailed their company a while back and got a response in japanese but it was some 1 liner company jargon response.

Btw the store manager eas telling me about some pending lawsuit at that time with the dsc's but his english and my japanese didn't exactly sync up 100% and my wife wasn't there so I couldn't get a full translation.

I do know that the dsc's are very very popular in j-pan and can be found all over the web and in little boutiques for a lot cheaper than the 1 US site sells them for (carson).
Old 07-14-10, 08:07 PM
waijai
Racer

That's a discussion me, junjdm, and GATO had tonight about the issues w/ the ASC680. I am wondering if the new ASR681 is any better.

http://www.datasystem.co.jp/products/asr681/index.html
Old 07-14-10, 08:20 PM
waijai
Racer

Here are some documents in Japanese.

http://www.datasystem.co.jp/support/...us_manual.html
Old 07-14-10, 11:53 PM
JP2SEA
Lead Lap

DataSystem staff were very helpful and even offered to fix the wiring for free when I was inquiring on behalf of of one of CL member's unit's wire was pulled out.

I clearly seen in the manual or on their web that DataSystem AirSus controller is intended to be used at stationary positions and they are not encouraging (warning) not to drive around with car being lowered by the AirSus controller unit. It's probably due to a liability reason but if you bring up any issues occurred while car is in motion (driving), they will probably simply states that you are using the unit unintended way.

Anyway, from the website, I found two sentences that you may want to know. The english is my very quick rough translation.

走行中に車高が勝手に変化する。● UCF31セルシオマイナーチェンジ後(H15.8 〜H18.5)、UZS186・187マジェスタ、URS206マジェスタは、純正の機能により、車両側エアサス(アクティブサス)コンピューターが走行状況に応じて、自動的に車高を変化させる場合があります(24ページ参照)。

-Height changes on its own while in motion (driving). UCF31 after M/C, Majesta...... due to the AirSus/Active Sus computer many change vehicle height automatically due to the driving condition.-

車高が勝手に変化していることがある。● 1 〜2cm 程度の車高変化が生じる場合がありますが、エア(アクティブ)サスペンション
の特性上から起こるもので、故障ではありません。

- Notice the height of the car changed on its own. * Due to the AirSus/Active suspension's characteristics, vehicle height may change 1~2cm, but it is not due to the malfunction of air sus controller.

I think just about everyone (in CL) who are using or used the ASC680 had some kind of height adjusting problem.
Old 07-15-10, 08:15 AM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by JP2SEA
DataSystem staff were very helpful and even offered to fix the wiring for free when I was inquiring on behalf of of one of CL member's unit's wire was pulled out.

I clearly seen in the manual or on their web that DataSystem AirSus controller is intended to be used at stationary positions and they are not encouraging (warning) not to drive around with car being lowered by the AirSus controller unit. It's probably due to a liability reason but if you bring up any issues occurred while car is in motion (driving), they will probably simply states that you are using the unit unintended way.

Anyway, from the website, I found two sentences that you may want to know. The english is my very quick rough translation.

走行中に車高が勝手に変化する。● UCF31セルシオマイナーチェンジ後(H15.8 〜H18.5)、UZS186・187マジェスタ、URS206マジェスタは、純正の機能により、車両側エアサス(アクティブサス)コンピューターが走行状況に応じて、自動的に車高を変化させる場合があります(24ページ参照)。

-Height changes on its own while in motion (driving). UCF31 after M/C, Majesta...... due to the AirSus/Active Sus computer many change vehicle height automatically due to the driving condition.-

車高が勝手に変化していることがある。● 1 〜2cm 程度の車高変化が生じる場合がありますが、エア(アクティブ)サスペンション
の特性上から起こるもので、故障ではありません。

- Notice the height of the car changed on its own. * Due to the AirSus/Active suspension's characteristics, vehicle height may change 1~2cm, but it is not due to the malfunction of air sus controller.

I think just about everyone (in CL) who are using or used the ASC680 had some kind of height adjusting problem.
good info! thanks
Old 07-15-10, 09:33 AM
waijai
Racer

Anyone know the difference between these:

Celsior - (H15 / 8 ~ 18 / 9) (UCF31)
Celsior - (H12 / 9 ~ 15 / 7) (UCF31)

I'm looking at Datasystem harnesses and those are two options for the UCF31.
Old 07-15-10, 11:04 AM
JP2SEA
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by waijai
Anyone know the difference between these:

Celsior - (H15 / 8 ~ 18 / 9) (UCF31)
Celsior - (H12 / 9 ~ 15 / 7) (UCF31)

I'm looking at Datasystem harnesses and those are two options for the UCF31.

Japan use Western years (i.e. 2001, 2004 etc..) and Emperor's years.
Every time we have a new emperor, it will start over with a new heading.

So now, "H" represent "Heisei". (Yr 2010 = H22. )

H12 = Year 2000.

For
UCF31 Before M/C, Use Harness # H-087D
UCF31 After M/C, Use Harness # H-087E

These harness is good for ASC680 or the new (wireless) ASC681.

Hope this help.
Old 07-15-10, 02:42 PM
waijai
Racer

Good to know, that helps a lot. I was just thrown off by both items stating UCF31.
Old 07-16-10, 06:06 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i find it pretty funny about the emperor years thing myself... i always laugh when my wife has to count on her fingers to remember a date that is like 20 something years ago based off of the emperor year thing.

i have only seen sites that advertise the harness number not the emperor year stuff, i.e. Harness # H-087E just look for the H-087E for after mc years ]mc and your golden
Old 12-02-10, 10:20 PM
LS430UL86
Driver School Candidate

Is there anyway to correct the issue. I've noticed the rear passenger side is sometimes 1 or 2 inches higher than the rest of the car. I've tried unplugging the controller and changing the setting it is on but it seems to make the rest of the car go bananas...smh. The car usually gets out of line when moving or when parked.

Quick Reply: Data Systems / Air Suspension Issue