Browse all: Lexus IS Lighting Guides
Print Wikipost

HOW TO: LS430 Interior/Exterior Lights/LED w/Pics & part#s

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-16, 08:11 AM
ryanSC300lover
Lead Lap

Received 86 Likes on 66 Posts

Are the 2001 and 2004-2006 front parking light the same?

It's a small bulb on the upper part of the high beam area

It's nasty yellow when at night the xenon are on
I would like to replace it to match the xenon

I don't care about drl being yellow (that's fine)
Old 03-15-16, 03:19 AM
drab4
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having trouble prising down those mirror lights. I have interior removal tools and credit cards, I can get in tools either side, but it's just not coming down any further than a mm or so! I also don't want to use too much force and crack or break something as very expensive to replace.... - any tips!?
Old 05-08-16, 07:54 AM
GaborL
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGGZ
good right up bro!
Hahaha, your signature picture cracks me up. I work for the department of defense, and high ranking personnel always (jokingly) accuse me of being a drug dealer or mafia head because of the Lexus's I drive 😂😂😂
Old 08-01-16, 09:51 PM
doanvien
Driver School Candidate

My gearbox position and seat heater bulbs got burned years ago (before i bought the car) and how stupid i was, i thought there were not such bulbs on, until I read this thread.
I have purchased the Green Led to install to the seat heater but it is so "green".

/ugly green

Thus I went to toydiy and found out the part number for 2 bulbs: one for gear position and one for the seat heater. It really took time to order and ship . I have to wait up to half of month, so when I was handed over them, I felt so good and could not wait to install them.

5 hours after receiving and getting back after work:

Oh nice green, that color is lovely... I love the original thing...
Old 08-28-16, 09:33 AM
GaborL
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can I ask where you got the LED bulbs? I tried looking for them at RadioShack, but their stuff is garbage. I'm looking to do this, but I want reliable, pure white non-pulsating LEDs.
Thanks,

Originally Posted by motohide
Nice Work!

Here's what I did using a little soldiering using 1w 12V LED singles by modding the socket base and removing the filament bulb and replacing it with LED.

No more green and and in place, a nice cool white color switch in the night time.
You can also make them glow orange like an AUDI simply by removing the 'condom' green caps off these filament bulbs too, but I just took the extra step and glued some LED's in place.

Old 12-25-16, 10:19 PM
Mobius1
Pit Crew

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

So the list of lights on page one slightly confused me so here's a snippet of what the tail lights are in what is hopefully slightly easier to comprehend:

Also note:
Door courtesy lights on the bottom of each door are also T10

Front turn signals are the same 7440 as rear.

A 7443 bulb can be used in a 7440 socket. However a 7440 bulb cannot be used in a 7443 socket. This only usually applies to original/incandescent style bulbs. LED's seem to be interchangeable no matter what.

You will need hyper-flash suppressing resistors if you decide to install LED turn signals. [ASIN: B01KZ9AXVQ as an example]

Hope this helps some people. Cheers!
The following 3 users liked this post by Mobius1:
badumtums (08-07-18), danforth (08-15-22), OjaiRoy (03-21-20)
Old 03-31-17, 10:35 AM
Hagar
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by doanvien
My gearbox position and seat heater bulbs got burned years ago (before i bought the car) and how stupid i was, i thought there were not such bulbs on, until I read this thread.
I have purchased the Green Led to install to the seat heater but it is so "green".

/ugly green

Thus I went to toydiy and found out the part number for 2 bulbs: one for gear position and one for the seat heater. It really took time to order and ship . I have to wait up to half of month, so when I was handed over them, I felt so good and could not wait to install them.

5 hours after receiving and getting back after work:

Oh nice green, that color is lovely... I love the original thing...
Care to tell how you replaced them, difficulty, part number ect...

I just discovered after having my 04 Lexus LS430 Ult for a month, these were to suppose to be lite.

And did your heater switch background just look in vivid color or is the stock color green? If you modified it to look that uber cool, pray tell how.

Dave
The following users liked this post:
danforth (08-15-22)
Old 05-18-17, 10:16 AM
Hagar
Pit Crew

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Okay it was easy to figure out the heat switch lights. Looks much better now.

So, I was wondering IF the ignition key ring has a light in it as well. Its the last one I might have to replace if it is. And if so, how to replace?

Its dark at night.
Old 09-15-17, 10:37 PM
Mazamin
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Rear Interior Light

My experience to get to the light bulb of the Rear Interior Light also known as Rear Personal Light of my 2002 LS430:

First I tried to take out the whole thing by unscrewing the bolt inside the hanger. This is wrong and should not be done. Instead focus on the clear cover: There is a small (not easily detectable) grove on top middle of the cover. I put a tiny flat head screwdriver and pried the cover downward hoping that the cover would come off. It did not work. Then I pried it upward by applying some force to the plastic frame around the cover to open up some space around the cover and at the same time used another tiny screwdriver to pry the cover off and it worked. The light bulb comes of by a counterclockwise turn.
The following users liked this post:
Pappadock6 (12-12-21)
Old 02-26-18, 03:25 PM
Miklosfb1
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for this thread and info. This was the first "mod" i did. Came out awesome and especially easy with the mirror puddle lights with the pointers, just missing a few other bulbs on order.
Question 1 - I know you should run the HID kits for the fog lights, but if i just want the look of the LED, will just replacing the bulb to an LED be fine? The vehicle is hardly going to be driven so the fog's wont help in my type of driving.
Question 2 - Do you know if the bulb is replaceable for the Temp Controls on the side of the dash? If so, how do they come off?
Thanks again for all your great comments here as well.

Last edited by Miklosfb1; 02-26-18 at 03:46 PM.
Old 02-26-18, 03:57 PM
05ls430518
Pole Position

Received 188 Likes on 166 Posts

Originally Posted by Frankg2
Got it, thanks. I'm still not sure I understand the concept of HID LED (the ExtremeBrightLEDs offering) but at least I better understand my options here.
Think of it this way leds produce a puddle of light, hids project farther, and halogen bulbs are a base.
Think of leds as a bucket full of water you throw it covers more but does not go very far,
Hid's are like hose with a handle you squeeze and a jet of water comes out precise and goes far
halogen bulbs are like a normal garden hose on with water coming out of it

Sorry if this isnt the most well worded anology I am just trying help you understand in a way that is not confusing.
Old 05-18-18, 09:16 PM
Ralo14
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Some of the links in this thread are dead. Where is a good place to get the led bulbs? If led bulbs are added to any of the exterior bulbs will they cause any malfunctions? Thanks
Old 05-22-18, 05:59 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Ralo14
Some of the links in this thread are dead. Where is a good place to get the led bulbs? If led bulbs are added to any of the exterior bulbs will they cause any malfunctions? Thanks
What year is your LS? Take a look at our vehicle lighting guide to see what bulbs you may need. As for the error code or malfunction, Lexus vehicles are not equipped with this feature so you don't need any extra resistors or canbus to prevent error codes.

Danny
Old 06-05-18, 06:41 AM
roumieh200
Rookie

Originally Posted by RomanTPA
I GOT THE LEDs FROM THIS GUY.. I WOULD RECOMMEND HIM FOR THE QUALITY VS. PRICE

Exterior Mirror Lights (the easy 5min way)

0. IF YOU DO NOT READ THIS OR BE GENTLE, YOU WILL ****** IT UP
1. You will need a tiny pry bar and/or 2 credit cards
2. Slide the card at an angle starting from one corner up until the entire credit card is in (see pic)
3. Pop that side of the light housing out pass the trim thats holding it up
4. With second credit card, following step #2, slide the card through
5. While prying on both credit cards slide them toward the door of the car.
6. Once the end has completely popped out, slide the housing assembly toward the door
7. Carefully pull the assembly down
8. Once cleared the mirror, turn the pull off the light assembly from the bulb base
9. Bulb base can only go back in one way.
10. Replace the bulb with LED, then start putting everything back together
11. Put the end closes to the door in first
12. Work your way around with credit cards again to clear the trim that holds the housing in place

After popping it out

side look

look at the clip from inside
Old 06-16-18, 04:57 AM
johnnylt
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I can’t seem to get the lense out with two credit cards for the puddle lights under the outside mirrors any suggestions

Quick Reply: HOW TO: LS430 Interior/Exterior Lights/LED w/Pics & part#s