LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Zaino!

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-12, 02:44 PM
Dailow
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lust4Lexus
With my black car, I have simply lost the drive for perfection, because it is impossible if the car is to be driven anywhere, I am perfectly happy when the car looks perfect from 2 feet away. Yes, i have very fine scratches when you you go cross-eyed and get up on the surface, but I really don't think it's enough to car about. It's a daily driver and not a showcar....but hey it looks damn close to it! try the zaino out, you might be really impressed depending on what you are using now.
It's funny, I'm starting to feel the same way after I detailed my car the other week. I'm just not **** enough to fuss over all the fine scratches up close, but it looks fine from a distance. I just like how the car stays a lot cleaner for longer since water beads right off!
Old 07-07-12, 02:46 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,499 Likes on 1,802 Posts

I'm the same way nowadays. I've even been known to use....gasp....a carwash!

I still wash them/get them washed once or twice a week, and wax them every 3 months, and they look awesome all the time but I don't have the energy anymore to really fuss over them all the time...
Old 07-07-12, 03:08 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Dailow
It's funny, I'm starting to feel the same way after I detailed my car the other week. I'm just not **** enough to fuss over all the fine scratches up close, but it looks fine from a distance. I just like how the car stays a lot cleaner for longer since water beads right off!
when i see a shiny car from a distance,,, i smile and say "damn" that car is clean. as i get closer(still smiling) and notice all the clear coat scratches,,, the smile goes away and i say "damn" that isn't right, now the car looks ugly. that's just me i'm **** about my car. a few clear scratches i can see,, can't always be perfect, but tons of clear scratches,,, just *****up the car IMO.
Old 07-07-12, 03:24 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Oh absolutely, anything you can see with the naked eye I polish out, but I'm careful with my cars and they stay perfect looking to the naked eye.

What I've stopped doing is trying to make them perfect with a handheld halogen light...lets put it that way...
Old 07-07-12, 08:08 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SW10ES
Oh absolutely, anything you can see with the naked eye I polish out, but I'm careful with my cars and they stay perfect looking to the naked eye.

What I've stopped doing is trying to make them perfect with a handheld halogen light...lets put it that way...
you'll drive yourself crazy, not to mention tired. my car is obsidian, so you can imagine the **** that i go through.
Old 07-07-12, 08:47 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Yeah I've never quite had the cojones to get a black car lol
Old 07-11-12, 10:56 AM
Dailow
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
when i see a shiny car from a distance,,, i smile and say "damn" that car is clean. as i get closer(still smiling) and notice all the clear coat scratches,,, the smile goes away and i say "damn" that isn't right, now the car looks ugly. that's just me i'm **** about my car. a few clear scratches i can see,, can't always be perfect, but tons of clear scratches,,, just *****up the car IMO.
Yeah, I hear you.
I'd literally have to wash my car every week to get the dust off, if not more frequently. Since my car is also kept outside, it's just way too much upkeep for a daily driver so I stopped bothering about it.