LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

air ride suspension converstion to stock question.

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-10, 08:14 PM
gs4bkny
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air ride suspension converstion to stock question.

I am looking to considering converting my air ride suspension to a non air ride set up. One of my struts have already failed and i m not sure if i want to go through this again. I would like to advice on why kind of suspension set up should i go with. Should i go with standard struts or adjustable coilovers? If coilovers, what kind would be recommended? If standard struts, what kind would be recommended? Has anyone tried Megan Coilovers? In my search they seem to be the most popular coilover setup. All suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-02-10, 08:34 PM
Bon
Advanced

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Try this thread? https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...coilovers.html
Old 04-02-10, 09:47 PM
jman-LS430
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BNR34 did a conversion from OEM Air to steel springs. He did some research on what conversion to go with. Here are some useful threads to review:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...g-springs.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...hrome-18s.html

and this thread is on the actual conversion:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...ion-infos.html

enjoy.....
Old 04-03-10, 05:56 AM
Tdvlexo
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you have money to spend, i would go with JIC coilovers, BC coilovers are cheaper than JIC and the Megans are the cheapest of the three, best bang for the buck. I have Megans LP series and the ride is pretty good and slam your car very low. As i stated in the other post I did the swap to coilovers last weekend and it basically a direct swap. Will post some pics soon. Take a look at Minnyminh's car, he is lowered on JIC coilovers and he got another 2 inch or so to go lower. We see other everyday and his car look sick and rides hella smooth.
Old 04-03-10, 05:48 PM
minnyminh
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

TD hit it on the dot!! Its a direct swap if you know how to work on cars. Its real simple. Just a lil tricky getting the air hose unhooked from the struts but we figured it out and it was a cake walk after that. I will soon have some updated pictures of my car in the next few weeks after all my stuff comes in from Japan...
Old 04-03-10, 06:56 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so just comparing the 2 (megans 1,000$ and jic magic's 2100$) where does the price difference come into play... i mean what are you getting for your additional 1000$?? i am now face to face with a rear air strut issue and am debating just putting in coilovers but am debating which ones to go with. i also like the idea of going the sport route like bnr34 did but i want a lowered aggressive stance so this may not give it to me. also i just installed the ss kit so by putting in say some megans coilovers should i then take the ss kit out cuz it will be null and void or what?

Last edited by sojah; 04-03-10 at 07:06 PM.
Old 04-03-10, 08:20 PM
Tdvlexo
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sojah
so just comparing the 2 (megans 1,000$ and jic magic's 2100$) where does the price difference come into play... i mean what are you getting for your additional 1000$?? i am now face to face with a rear air strut issue and am debating just putting in coilovers but am debating which ones to go with. i also like the idea of going the sport route like bnr34 did but i want a lowered aggressive stance so this may not give it to me. also i just installed the ss kit so by putting in say some megans coilovers should i then take the ss kit out cuz it will be null and void or what?
the JIC is alot smoother than the megans and i am pretty sure its built alot better. which everone you decide to go with, you will not regret. about the route like
brn34, can you put the ss kit with the oem sport suspension to make it lower?
Old 04-04-10, 05:56 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yeah i read that he was considering the ss kit if his (bnr34) wasn't low enough, so i figure you can use the ss kit. with coilovers you could use the ss kit too, but it sorta defeats the purpose because you can adjust the height with the coilovers enough to make it aggressive,, i guess with the ss kit you could pretty much have it touching the ground but what good would that do you since you can drive like that. i guess i will be selling the ss kit and looking for some jic magics then, unless i hear of a cheaper alternative.

what is the best price people have seen on the jic magic's UCF30FLTA2VIP. thanks,