LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

more datasystems controller issues, any else dealt with this?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-10, 01:07 PM
JP2SEA
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jzz30fan
Hmmm strange in the instructions it looks it has a harness for interfacing it must just be a tap http://www.datasystem.co.jp/catalog/pdf/asr681.pdf

So which Datasystems model do you have? Or are you an installer?
Hey congrats on your new purchase (LS).

The ASR681 is the newest controller that has a wireless capability. The one you see on the installation diagram, the harness going into behind the monitor is required for safety (due to a problem of controlling height) for LS460 and Majesta (Toyota Crown Majesta). For your UCF31 after M/C, the connection is actually going to be hooked up to the power steering computer.

I don't think any US vendors are carrying this new product. It is bit pricey though. Check out the member classified page for an used. You should be able to find one for $300~400. (or pay new one for $700 or so).
Old 08-05-23, 12:29 PM
AVSRacing
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 79 Posts

Bumping this up. I just installed an used asc680 last night, I'm still playing with the settings, it seems to be able to raise and lower while on flat ground and with the car running. But I was driving the car today in normal mode and the rears seem to go crazy? The car was sitting a bit low this morning but when I drove on normal mode, which should be factory setting with no input from the controller. There rear went crazy on Max height. I was on the highway and according to the valve monitor on the controller it kept raising the rears. It went to a point where the car got extremely bouncy and unsafe to drive, fronts seem to be at normal height.

I got off the highway at the light and I set it back to my first custom setting -4 on the fronts and 0 on the rears, so I believe this should be front slightly lower and rears on stock height and the car seems to lower back down.

Any idea what's happening? Why would normal "off" setting cause the rears to go all crazy. I'll test it again later today, I can't lower the rears much as my tires will rub, I'm mainly looking to only lower the fronts to match the rears so I don't have the crazy OEM squat.
Old 08-05-23, 02:39 PM
AVSRacing
Instructor

Received 90 Likes on 79 Posts

I did a bit more testing and even on custom modes it would drop the car to the setting that you set, however once you start driving around a bit, I was testing it while driving around the parking lot, it would still eventually just air up the rears to max height. Even though I didn't make any changes to the custom setting, I tried it with the rears set to 0 which should be normal height and -2 which is slight lower in two custom modes and both would just air up the rear once I start driving around.

Any idea why? Also the data system speedo is about 100kmh off. I'm doing like 5 miles and it would say I'm going like 130 km on the data system. I dunno if this has something to do with it.

I also tried to unplug the small connector on the right side while the car was on and turn off the car replug after a minute but no change.