LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Allow me to reintroduce myself

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-10, 10:52 AM
bluerex
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Allow me to reintroduce myself

Hey guys, i've been around here for a while and the last time i had a decent car to show, i crashed and wrecked it a month after it got out of the shop (rip gs)

i have the side visors to put up, just havent gotten around to them and also need about 10mm spacers in front and rear.

i also added a couple of pics os the car raised up on the cups

future plans: 10mm spacers on each front and rear. and to put on my visors and maybe get an exhaust. comments welcomed!
Old 01-07-10, 01:27 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

another j-z introduction

nice car man, i'm diggin the wheels and am thinking about going back to those my self. i used to have those wheels on a big infiniti sedan about 6 years ago and seeing them on ur ls amongst others lately is making me want to put them on my ls now. i vote against exhaust but adding chrome tips will give the appearance of exhaust and is much cheaper without changing the luxo quietness of the car. ur wheels looked pretty flush in the front already but i'm sure spacers in the rear would make it stand out all that much more. i vote for some tint on that motha sucka but thats just me ,, good looking car throw up the pics when you put on those jdm visors.. how tricky is that install and how much for the visors?
Old 01-07-10, 01:54 PM
IStoSC
Lead Lap

Default Sojah knows what's up

Sweet another all black everything!
Old 01-07-10, 02:08 PM
usermel
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

good looking ride!!
Old 01-07-10, 02:36 PM
Aimhigher3
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice ride!
Old 01-07-10, 02:51 PM
Evisu LS
Driver School Candidate

I like those Wheel .. looks good !!!
Old 01-07-10, 04:15 PM
bluerex
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by sojah
another j-z introduction

nice car man, i'm diggin the wheels and am thinking about going back to those my self. i used to have those wheels on a big infiniti sedan about 6 years ago and seeing them on ur ls amongst others lately is making me want to put them on my ls now. i vote against exhaust but adding chrome tips will give the appearance of exhaust and is much cheaper without changing the luxo quietness of the car. ur wheels looked pretty flush in the front already but i'm sure spacers in the rear would make it stand out all that much more. i vote for some tint on that motha sucka but thats just me ,, good looking car throw up the pics when you put on those jdm visors.. how tricky is that install and how much for the visors?
lol Jay-z bc my name's Jay!

i honestly got the rezax because of a deal i couldnt pass up. you know i had a gs4 before and got the exhaust and loved the sound. kinda mean. i'll post up new pics of the visors and i believe i got the visors for 250-300 jdm toyota from carson lexus. i dont know how to install just yet, but will tonight.

thanks everyone for the comments.
Old 01-07-10, 04:20 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome back, your ride looks terrific !!
Old 01-07-10, 04:40 PM
junjdm
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I like it...looks good....my fav pic is the 5th one....lighting on that is perfect. As for the 10mm in the rear, honestly looks like you might need a 15mm. If you can gett some clearer or more close up shots...I can judge it better....that is if your trying to run flush....
Old 01-07-10, 04:49 PM
bluerex
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by junjdm
I like it...looks good....my fav pic is the 5th one....lighting on that is perfect. As for the 10mm in the rear, honestly looks like you might need a 15mm. If you can gett some clearer or more close up shots...I can judge it better....that is if your trying to run flush....
Hey thanks, coming from someone who has a car that looks like yours, that says a lot. I am intending to run flush on the rear for sure, but the front, i dont wanna tear up my fender. its rubbing bad as it is. did you remove your fender lining in the front? i will take better shots and post them.
Old 01-07-10, 05:28 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

I remeber the teaser you posted, I'm really feeling the wheels man great job!
Old 01-08-10, 01:49 AM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 112 Likes on 52 Posts

wow, love the car bro! looks great, also like what you did with your chrome strip!
Old 01-08-10, 04:48 AM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I like how the close up shots give the wheel this hazy look...
Old 01-08-10, 06:33 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

yeah i think i almost remember what ur gs looked like, but its been a while since i packed up shop and left the gs boards myself. i had a gs400 a few years back myself with the tanabe medallion touring whatever full cat back. it did sound mean and offered some good high end added performance but i would not want that sound on my ls, at least not from inside the cabin. it had this echoing effect sound that was hard to get over at low rpm's that was a little annoying, but you couldn't beat it when you stepped on the gas to overtake some infiniti next to you at the light though . i know to each his own but i think every car has a niche and unless ur gonna go full out crazy osaka night time underground vip on the car then i would leave the exhaust off till you hit that level of vip.

but i'm not even sure of what it would sound like inside the car with a cat back exhaust. i would have to hear it myself before i would do that to an ls. but looks pretty slick to complete the package with the big chrome mufflers sitting there.

definitely cool effects on a couple of those pics like jun mentioned.

ur gs wasn't that complete custom blue one with the sick *** rims was it??

Last edited by sojah; 01-08-10 at 06:37 AM.
Old 01-08-10, 09:18 AM
jman-LS430
Pole Position

Looking nice

Quick Reply: Allow me to reintroduce myself