LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Rain Water Soaked seat and floor

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-10, 07:25 AM
Lust4Lexus
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=RoLux707;5102888]You guys are all amazing and thank you all for your kind responses.
I tried the ShopVac etc but didn't help much because of the lack of flexibility with the connectors and etc.

After drying the floor and seats with microfiber towels/German shammy, I used two hair dryers to completely dry the car. I didn't do much effort on the door and the seat because they got dried up quite fast. Floor is completely dry. No smell or wetness.

Now my concerns are:
1) Will there be any water still stuck on the floor beneath the carpet?

2) even though, everything on the door seems working normal, is there any thing I should be concerned about (ie: speaker etc.)?[/QUOTE

If you had water stuck under the carpet- by now- your nose would tell you.

However, ANYTHING is possible. I would agree to peel back the carpeting just to make sure. Better safe than sorry. I have never had to pull carpeting in my Lexus- (well- Ive only had it for two weeks lol) but I have pulled the carpeting from my maxima, and it's pretty simple- pry off the sills, pull the kick panels, and every thing should be self explanitory- they may be a few more fasteners here and there on the lexus. No need to go crazy, but pull back the carpet a little and slide your hand and feel if it is damp, if it is, use a hair drier on the LOWEST heat setting, and be careful of the elctronics that may be present under there.

If your doors are operating okay now, You are probably out of the water (no pun intended) All the water must have evaporated by now. There is nothing you can do about it now anyway, so don't go prying your door panels just to check it out- you will wind up with the classic 'If it ain't broken - don't fix it" scenario and be flipping out because you broke something just for the sake of checking something out. If in fact water did get into your controls, it would have done its immediate damage along time ago. If there is a little rust from the water ( which there most likely is not ) the damage is just going to affect the longevity of the switch- but that might take YEARS.

In a nutshell- JUST RELAX and enjoy your car!