LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

100+mph virgin.

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-09, 02:32 PM
Yaff
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sojah
ls430 next to redline at 130?? i wasn't exactly paying that close attention but i don't recall it being that drastic, the car felt like it had a little bit more in it for sure, and i really hadn't heard of this 130 governor before, i would have guessed it would be a little higher like alexus mentioned.

boy racers? in an ls?? hmmm not exactly the right platform for racing but if you are referring to the triple digit speeds then sure why not

the tracks around here are only going to tell you 1/4 mile though right? not top speed. and i doubt the ls 430 will get hardly above 105- 110 ish in a .25 mile.
Here's what I'm refering to.
LS430 Dials at 130mph

One of the LS owners here has a Nissan GTR (Skyline)
You are right... You need an oval, not a quarter mile.

Last edited by Yaff; 11-10-09 at 02:43 PM.
Old 11-10-09, 03:17 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i just watched the vid,,, now i'm curious why in the vid it continuously shows that the car is in N not D or 6?? Maybe I was closer to 125 mph but i guess i was paying more attention to the road instead of my rpm's i will try to check again some time to see what mines is at when nearing 130mph, but its not everyday that i have an opportunity to go this fast,, you know??
Old 11-10-09, 03:24 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

i just watched the vid,,, now i'm curious why in the vid it continuously shows that the car is in N not D or 6?? Maybe I was closer to 125 mph but i guess i was paying more attention to the road instead of my rpm's i will try to check again some time to see what mines is at when nearing 130mph, but its not everyday that i have an opportunity to go this fast,, you know??
That was the compass... your a veteran, come on

The LS430 was limited to 130xmph however it does not redline like shown in that video, not even at top speed. This reduces, and softens the tire selection for the car (who is going to go higher then 132Mph on an LS430 anyways?)

Usually cars will not be able to make it to redline at top speed (which is the maximum engine power) because given laws of drag and aerodynamics the car will not be in a position to make the maximum power due to drag.
Old 11-10-09, 03:25 PM
yuri.ber
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've gone up to 130mph in my LS five or six times. The tach is nowhere near the redline. Speedo needled just hits 130 and lays there moving up and down very slightly - it's quiet like in the morgue and the road seems to float in one dot ahead. Whhooooooo-Hoooooooo!
God, I want the speed limiter @130 removed from my LS. By the way, you know why American LS 430's are limited to "only" 130mph? In Europe and Asia it's electronicly limited to 157mph. Because there are H speed rated tires (130mph) from the factory installed.
Old 11-10-09, 04:32 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

hey thanks for dropping some knowledge yuri,, it all makes perfect sense now.

as for the N thing is that on like older or non nav models cuz on mines its just the gear selection in that location?? yeah the red line thing does seem kinda odd.. you know what,,, the older 01-03 models only had 5 gears right?? my guess is that this is in 5th gear and which would also explain the N in the middle being the compass right?

my 05 Ul is much different.
Old 11-10-09, 04:38 PM
Slvr surfr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

LOL. I did know that my little escapade would spark an expansive topic. What ever i do this weekend in the LS i will definately post it so to give you guys some chat time. . To bad i can't post what i will plan to do next in all that space in the back seats.
Old 11-10-09, 05:03 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

now i can't comment or share any stories related to that... i could start my own similar thread title cuz my backseats def are virgins,,, as far as i know
Old 11-10-09, 05:09 PM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Slvr surfr
To bad i can't post what i will plan to do next in all that space in the back seats.
Too bad you will be late on the back seat action, (been there, back again, done that & probably some mo) I'm sure plenty of LS owners have broke in the back seats real nice! Have fun, who says the LS is not a multi-functional vehicle. BTW not a bad place for a nap or to sleep off some drinks before taking off.
Old 11-10-09, 05:13 PM
Budhah
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Slvr surfr
LOL. I did know that my little escapade would spark an expansive topic. What ever i do this weekend in the LS i will definately post it so to give you guys some chat time. . To bad i can't post what i will plan to do next in all that space in the back seats.
I often pass two cars at a time on the two lane highways here in Southern Illinois, and it is easy for my 430 to jump from 55 to 95 in no time at all... One spot that is pretty lonely of traffic, nears Rockwood, I have had the little "lady" well over 100. Only thing to watch for is deers. Almost hit a Raccoon sitting in middle of road last trip while doing 60, so will rethink my top end. Just wonder what that would do to the undercarriage of the car.

Silvr..Careful of the hump in middle of back seat.. has to be positioned just right..
Old 11-10-09, 05:15 PM
Slvr surfr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Just give me a lil time and i"ll shut the forum down with too many related threads. LMAO. ROTF.
Old 11-10-09, 05:22 PM
Tee

Originally Posted by GRAND_LS 4
That was the compass... your a veteran, come on
LOL!

Yeah Sojah you should have known that one, come on bro you are slipping.
Old 11-10-09, 05:41 PM
Yaff
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Now you guys make me wonder if the Canadian version has the 130mph cap or the 250kmh one as European and Asian versions.
Old 11-10-09, 05:59 PM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Straight from the horse's mouth...

http://www.lexus.com/cpo/model_library/LS/2004.html

Limited to 131mph.
Old 11-11-09, 06:32 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

well i stand somewhat corrected... instead of a compass i have the temperature or cruise control mode in that location where the N was in the video. i haven't seen another other ls's where the compass is there. i am guessing its non nav or 01-03 models or something.
Old 11-11-09, 08:00 AM
Tee

well i stand somewhat corrected... instead of a compass i have the temperature or cruise control mode in that location where the N was in the video. i haven't seen another other ls's where the compass is there. i am guessing its non nav or 01-03 models or something.
01-06 models with out NAV get the compass, since we have NAV we don't need the compass. Funny in our 08 RX350 we have NAV and a compass in the rear view mirror, Lexus put features in models in some vehicles and not in others. One i wish was a standard across the board, is the backlit Lexus logo metal floor rails in the RX, I think it is a nice touch.

Quick Reply: 100+mph virgin.