LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Noob Question - Is there a "pause" button on the ML system?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-09, 09:12 AM
gstern1994
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Noob Question - Is there a "pause" button on the ML system?

I just got the VAIS system installed as well, but I cannot seem to locate a pause button on the CD display as well. I've resorted to just switching sources when I want to pause playback from a disc or my ipod. Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks!
Old 08-21-09, 04:12 PM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 85 Posts

Better solution. Just turn the power off for pause and back on to continue playing where you left off.
Old 08-21-09, 04:34 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jayclapp
Better solution. Just turn the power off for pause and back on to continue playing where you left off.
+1 jayclapp, great advice !
Old 08-21-09, 04:45 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

on a slightly different topic:
i just recently figured out how to us the set button under the volume controls on the steering wheel. in case you didn't know what it does or how to do it, here goes. you put your stereo on whatever volume level you choose and then press and hold the button in for like 2-3 seconds and then you can change the volume to whatever you want and then whenever you hit the set button it goes back to whatever you had set it at originally. so if you put it at a really low volume level then whenever you hit it, its like hitting a mute button... sorta kinda,,,
Old 08-21-09, 06:05 PM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Power off... volume low...

Originally Posted by sojah
... so if you put it at a really low volume level then whenever you hit it, its like hitting a mute button... sorta kinda,,,
That's exactly what I've done. I've put it to level 5 and I hit it when I need to talk to someone in the car. If you need full off, then hitting the power button is probably just as easy.

I would imagine that there is no "mute" button because the few times you would need the volume low (i.e. navigation guidance, talking on phone) the car already compensates for volume.

Oh well.. a mute button would have been nice.
Old 08-24-09, 04:57 AM
gstern1994
Rookie

Thanks for all the replies guys, the "Set" function and the power on/off seems like good hybrid solution. I listen to my ipod primarily, so keeping my place in the track or the audio book would be nice - hence the pause button. For such a feature rich package, the omission of the pause button is really weird.
Old 08-24-09, 08:02 AM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gstern1994
Thanks for all the replies guys, the "Set" function and the power on/off seems like good hybrid solution. I listen to my ipod primarily, so keeping my place in the track or the audio book would be nice - hence the pause button. For such a feature rich package, the omission of the pause button is really weird.
Understood. I didn't intend to mislead anyone with my suggestion that you just turn the power on and off as a pause. I have a VaisTech unit installed to play my iPod with and it powers up at wherever you powered down (including turning the car off), hence my suggestion. In your instance, you're right a pause would be nice.
Old 08-24-09, 09:47 AM
gstern1994
Rookie

I've got the VaisTech as well. I like it alot, but it seems to forget which track I'm on within the playlist from power down to power up. If I have to Audible book tracks - part 1/part 2 and I was on part 1 when powering off it sometimes will resume on Part 2. Any idea why this might happen. I'm working through the MD emulation setting.
Old 08-24-09, 11:59 AM
jayclapp
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gstern1994
I've got the VaisTech as well. I like it alot, but it seems to forget which track I'm on within the playlist from power down to power up. If I have to Audible book tracks - part 1/part 2 and I was on part 1 when powering off it sometimes will resume on Part 2. Any idea why this might happen. I'm working through the MD emulation setting.
I also use the MD emulation setting. I have a 120GB iPod classic I bought just for the car. Never had one before as I have to wear hearing aids and earphones aren't really compatible with that. Consequently I have loaded my iPod mostly with music from my CDs. I did load it with a couple of short videos just to try it and also to impress the grandkids.

I have absolutely no problem with the iPod playing music. I only take it out when I want to add more music, otherwise I never touch it.

The video was another story. Have to select the video on the iPod and took some time to find the correct sequence on the monitor screen. But it doesn't start back up where you shut down.

Don't know if that has any connection to how you are using your iPod with books. Afraid I'm not much help.
Old 08-25-09, 08:17 AM
gstern1994
Rookie

Thanks for the info. The books play perfectly fine, it just seems that the VAIS forgets which track it's on after a power off/on sequence.