LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

A/C suddenly stopped working!!? *HELP*

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-09, 03:20 PM
Hybrid-JD
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A/C suddenly stopped working!!? *HELP*

so i was driving for about 45 minutes around town with the AC on full blast.. everything was working fine. Parked in a parking lot and was waiting for someone to come out.. so i kept the car on with the AC running.. i decided to turn off the car to avoid idling too much and then after turned on my car, it was blowing warm air.. i figured it was because i wasnt driving that it was causing the warm air.. now its completely stopped blowing any kinda cold air @ all. Could this be a leak? low on freon? everything else seems okie.. so im assuming the serpentine belt is okie. Could it be this thing called the " high pressure sensor" i rememeber reading about this off another members thread.

any help would be appreciated.

Jimmy
Old 08-18-09, 03:34 PM
Hybrid-JD
Rookie

actually wanted to ask if theres a AC fuse??
Old 08-18-09, 04:38 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This happened to me once a few years back on my honda integra in japan and it was a faulty thermostat that was like a 20$ part and my friend was able to reach in and swap the new and old ones out and it worked just fine. Same exact scenario when mines went out back in like 02. There is also a fuse for the ac compressor as well so that may very well be the issue as well. I forget but my friend had a technique to check if it was the thermostat or not, something about turning the heat on, then back to ac but I forget. Good luck, let us know what it is that fixes it.
Old 08-19-09, 05:22 AM
Hybrid-JD
Rookie

any idea which fuse it is for the ac compressor?

Originally Posted by sojah
This happened to me once a few years back on my honda integra in japan and it was a faulty thermostat that was like a 20$ part and my friend was able to reach in and swap the new and old ones out and it worked just fine. Same exact scenario when mines went out back in like 02. There is also a fuse for the ac compressor as well so that may very well be the issue as well. I forget but my friend had a technique to check if it was the thermostat or not, something about turning the heat on, then back to ac but I forget. Good luck, let us know what it is that fixes it.
Old 08-19-09, 05:31 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i think if you open one of the 2 fuse boxes (not sure which one) but on the inside of the lid it will tell you which fuse is to what, then just find that fuse and pull it out and check if it is busted.
Old 08-19-09, 06:16 AM
Boomer01
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When my high pressure sensor went out, similar things happened. It would blow cold air for a while and then warm air. This went on for a while until it completely stopped blowing cold air. I took it to a service place and they checked freon and everything and found some codes. The dealer (Toyota) told me it was the sensor.
Old 08-19-09, 06:53 AM
Hybrid-JD
Rookie

so a toyota dealer was able to diagnose the problem for you boomer? you didnt have to take it to a lexus dealership?

what i've noticed is that it now the a/c wont come on at all.. like it doesnt even start off by blowing cool air then stopping.. it just blows out warm air.

Originally Posted by Boomer01
When my high pressure sensor went out, similar things happened. It would blow cold air for a while and then warm air. This went on for a while until it completely stopped blowing cold air. I took it to a service place and they checked freon and everything and found some codes. The dealer (Toyota) told me it was the sensor.
Old 08-19-09, 06:54 AM
Hybrid-JD
Rookie

and boomer.. would you be able to post the part # for the high pressure sensor that fixed the problem?

thanks
Old 08-20-09, 05:57 AM
Boomer01
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When it went bad it would only blow out warm air. Yes, the Toyota dealership can diagnose the problem. I went there because I figured it would be cheaper.

I don't have the part number on hand but I will see if I can find it.