LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

A/C Blowing Hot Air

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-13, 08:44 AM
sparky3
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The ebay seller changed his price from $45 to $145.
Old 05-17-13, 09:01 PM
BMW7_LS430
Instructor

Received 125 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by sparky3
The ebay seller changed his price from $45 to $145.
This may be because of me. I asked him if it is compatible with Ls430. He said it is and now you see the Lexus price.

Kidding part, he/she is out of stock and the part number is backordered. This may be his way to keep things going until he/she gets his low cost inventory (in June).
Old 05-18-13, 01:07 PM
anthony430
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sparky3
Well guys, I have fooled with my A/C all day - I think my pressure switch is bad as well.
Anyway, I found an aftermarket part for $45 on ebay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/150931342753...84.m1423.l2649

I'll let you know if this was successful or not. Going to have a local shop do the drain / refill.

Anyone who wants to wait until next week I will report back in. Would love to get out of this for $45 instead of $507 from the dealer.
I had the "sporadic blowing hot air" problem, and ended up buying that exact part from that same seller back in March. I installed it and then had my Lexus dealer recharge the system (about $200). A/C has been working perfect ever since!
Old 05-20-13, 05:35 PM
BMW7_LS430
Instructor

Originally Posted by anthony430
I had the "sporadic blowing hot air" problem, and ended up buying that exact part from that same seller back in March. I installed it and then had my Lexus dealer recharge the system (about $200). A/C has been working perfect ever since!
How did you install it? Did R134a flow out/escape when you installed the part?

I have put climate on Auto and it has been working without a problem till now but would like to address it one and for all. I am wondering if those DIY kits can be used to recharge A/C instead of paying $200 to dealer.
Old 05-23-13, 08:26 AM
LexoRoller
Driver School Candidate

My 04 LS430, blow s cold, sometimes and then will not blow cold at all. The A/C light is on and does not flash. I have the NAV, but I have no idea on how to check codes or know if the system needs refrigerant. Can anyone help me?
Old 05-23-13, 08:38 AM
ancdmd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by LexoRoller
My 04 LS430, blow s cold, sometimes and then will not blow cold at all. The A/C light is on and does not flash. I have the NAV, but I have no idea on how to check codes or know if the system needs refrigerant. Can anyone help me?
Have a technician look at it. Most likely the high pressure switch or the compressor. Since the switch is cheaper I'd replace that first.
Old 05-27-13, 11:21 AM
anthony430
Rookie

Originally Posted by BMW7_LS430
How did you install it? Did R134a flow out/escape when you installed the part?

I have put climate on Auto and it has been working without a problem till now but would like to address it one and for all. I am wondering if those DIY kits can be used to recharge A/C instead of paying $200 to dealer.
Just unplugged the wiring to the old one and unscrewed it. It did blow out 134 so prep yourself and the car accordingly. Then screw the new one on and plug in the wiring. And you can for sure do a DIY recharge if you're comfortable doing it!
Old 05-28-13, 06:45 AM
LexoRoller
Driver School Candidate

I have noticed that when I turn on the A/C by voice activation it ALWAYS blows cold. Only when I turn it on manually is the hot air sporadic... How's that?
Old 05-28-13, 09:38 AM
BMW7_LS430
Instructor

I have noticed that when I turn on the A/C by voice activation it ALWAYS blows cold. Only when I turn it on manually is the hot air sporadic... How's that?
Sorry for being lazy (I looked up but wasn;t sure of the exact command)....what is the exact voice command to turn it on and off?

Funny stuff though. I got to try it.
Old 05-28-13, 11:36 AM
LexoRoller
Driver School Candidate

HaHa no problem! Just speak out loud the temperature that you desire 65-85 degrees, "65 Degrees". (You know the button is on the lower left side of the steering column)....Not sure on turning it off. Saying "Climate Control" readies the system. You could try saying "Climate Control Off".

Yea it's pretty slick...
Old 04-18-17, 08:53 AM
Waleedjatt
Driver School Candidate

Default It works!

Guys,

Just an update from my side, I live in dubai and recently same issue started happening with my ls430 2005.

Before these thiefs start ripping u off, give pressure sensor a try, i got it for roughly 20 dollers and got it fixed for free and filled up the gas for 35 dollers ans it works like a charm again!!
Old 04-18-17, 09:16 AM
rkw77080
Lexus Champion

Received 675 Likes on 462 Posts

HaHa no problem! Just speak out loud the temperature that you desire 65-85 degrees, "65 Degrees". (You know the button is on the lower left side of the steering column)....Not sure on turning it off. Saying "Climate Control" readies the system. You could try saying "Climate Control Off".

Yea it's pretty slick...
For a complete list of voice commands, check out Post #5 on the link below...
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls-...-question.html
Old 07-05-19, 01:04 AM
plckid
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a quick question to the guys who have replaced the pressure switch.

Does the fault show in the control module when you retrieve the code.Mine doesn't

If the switch is faulty I believe the compressor stop running but in my case it is always running but blows hot air some time especially when the car is at stop.

I appreciate the help from this forum
Old 07-05-19, 04:42 AM
damienqc
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by plckid
Just a quick question to the guys who have replaced the pressure switch.

Does the fault show in the control module when you retrieve the code.Mine doesn't

If the switch is faulty I believe the compressor stop running but in my case it is always running but blows hot air some time especially when the car is at stop.

I appreciate the help from this forum

Funny you say that, I got the hot air also last week when I was idling in traffic jam, again yesterday while I had cruise control on.

So i tried something I read somewhere (maybe this thread).

I disengaged the cruise control and i reved up the engine. The cold air started to appear right at that moment. It seems it needs some help to kick in.

I don’t know if that is the sign my ac system is getting weak.
Old 08-02-20, 04:09 PM
Mohaned
Driver School Candidate

Exclamation air conditioner blowing hot air Lexus IS 200t (2016)

Anyone that owns a Lexus IS 200t (2016) and has problems with the air conditioner blowing hot air from the passenger or driver side should go to the Lexus dealer. They will pay for everything and fix the problem. Trust me, don't do anything stupid go to the dealer even if your warranty is over. There are two solutions to this problem programming or changing the switch that changes the temperature. but make sure it is the switch and not programing because sometimes the programing can only work for a couple of months.

Quick Reply: A/C Blowing Hot Air