LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

anyone with air susp have ss kit installed?

Old 06-21-09, 07:49 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default anyone with air susp have ss kit installed?

so i was just having my wife translate what the youzeland ss kit for the 04-06 ls430 site says and she says that there is a slight disclaimer for the cars with air suspension. she is not car savvy so even though she can translate there is still a slight lack of understanding between us.

apparently it says something to the effect of if you are on springs it is fine, if you are on air suspension that you have to install it slightly differently and move some sensors and control the height yourself via the controller or something like that.

i have a controller on air susp and was looking more seriously at getting the ss kit and was just wondering if its a simple install for some shops or is there a lot of difficult stuff involved in getting the ss kit installed properly in a car with air susp + controller?? how easy is the install process on a car with the air susp. not sure if any of the shops around here could install this properly or would even feel comfortable doing it.

エアサス車の場合はフロントはSSKIT装着のみで車高が30mmダウンリアに付いては車高センサーで高さを調整いていますので、センサー取り付け位置を下げるかコントローラー等で車高を調整して下さい。
Old 06-21-09, 09:19 AM
JP2SEA
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sojah, don't worry about this.

What this is saying that the with the car with air suspensions, the front will lower 30mm with SS kit only, but for the rear, they are adjusting the rear height by the sensor rods to desirable heights (or get controller ie. DataSystem).

As for me, I'd only buy the front SS kit (the standard version). Unless you have a more aggressive 20" rims, you will not going to have rubbing issues in the inner fender wall. I'd only get the rear SS only if you are not happy with the drop DataSystem would provide.

let me know if you have more questions. I can contact the owner which I have done before.

JP2SEA

Last edited by JP2SEA; 06-21-09 at 09:26 AM.
Old 06-21-09, 04:16 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

so i have the controller (datasystem) but i would like an additional 1.2 inch (30mm) drop all the way around without messing with the spring stroke (i.e. adding the ss kit). so will the ss kit add an additional 1.2 drop to front and rear with the controller already installed??

i don't want to mess with the rear sensor rod things since i already messed with the front ones and wasn't happy with the end results. i want to keep my controller on its current setting and drop the car 1.2 more inches without messing with the suspension.
Old 06-23-09, 05:08 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

okay so let me try this another way. can anyone please tell me a possible screen name or two of anyone with the SS kit installed?

i seem to remember one person recently who had a crazy body kit installed with some led lights in the rear bumper above the exhaust tips had the ss kit but i don't remember their screen name.

can anyone help out with this? thanks guys,
Old 06-23-09, 09:20 AM
JP2SEA
Lead Lap

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...e-parfume.html
Old 06-23-09, 10:45 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

domo domo domo domo
Old 06-23-09, 12:00 PM
racinstyle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 9 Likes on 1 Post

SS kit + Air + Custom Control Arms

Old 06-23-09, 12:05 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

did you have any issues or was it essentially plug n play for the ss kit, and what when where, why, and how much is custom control arms...?
Old 06-23-09, 12:43 PM
racinstyle
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by sojah
did you have any issues or was it essentially plug n play for the ss kit, and what when where, why, and how much is custom control arms...?
I bought the youzealand ss kit. The ss kit was plug and play front and rear. No problem, but the rear is a PITA to install. The control arms I bought from Nagisa Auto and then modfied em. http://www.nagisa-auto.com/products/...a/celsior.html They are like $1000+ for just the uppers. If you want the complete arm kit its like $3000+. Plus the money I had to spend to have em modified.
Old 06-23-09, 01:45 PM
jman-LS430
Pole Position

so i have the controller (datasystem) but i would like an additional 1.2 inch (30mm) drop all the way around without messing with the spring stroke (i.e. adding the ss kit). so will the ss kit add an additional 1.2 drop to front and rear with the controller already installed??
Yes. If you want confirmation on what I believe you understand after reading the description on the SS kit, accept this as confirmation. The SS kit will lower your car the approx documented range with or without the data system controller on your UL. The DataSystem controller gives you additional adjustment options.

i don't want to mess with the rear sensor rod things since i already messed with the front ones and wasn't happy with the end results. i want to keep my controller on its current setting and drop the car 1.2 more inches without messing with the suspension.
Given that we don't know what range you have your DataSystem controller set to, you may have already messed with your suspension characteristics. Regardless, for your comfort of mind, I recommend you set your DataSystem Controller to Zero, install the SS kit, then adjust your DSC settings based on your desired ride and look.
Old 06-24-09, 04:52 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

all of this ^ ^ ^ is what i thought all along until my wife and i were searching japanese auto parts auctions sites looking for an appropriate ss kit to purchase when she read the ss kit page description in japanese and got me all scared with the supposed disclaimer for air susp setup cars. i'll just chalk it up to bad translation and overall way to cautious and courteous normal japanese behaviorisms. this happens way to often!!!

thanks for the clarifications,

oh and racinstyle, why the expensive control arms modification/ fabrication, so you could go even lower??? looks pretty crazy sitting that low with a mostly stock appearance, thats what i guess i'm trying to achieve as well , good sheez.
Old 06-24-09, 11:34 AM
racinstyle
Lexus Test Driver

oh dude, that pic is years old. I dont have anything stock. Reason I modified the control arms was because of the rear camber, its all about fitment.

Old 06-24-09, 11:40 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

haha, now i recognize the car, i thought ur sc name looked familiar but my memory sucks lately. yeah i agree that fitment is key. i figure the ss kit will be my next mod, then if i still feel squirly i'll look at this dudes lip kit from kali but if thats sold maybe the wald lip kit or if i somehow get rims between now and then i guess the k-break kit would finish it off nicely.

what do you think a lip kit on a ls430 lowered on the dc and ss kit would look like rollin on stockers?? much better than a full bumper kit but how much better??
Old 07-01-09, 04:24 PM
06~ULTRA
Driver

sojah, did you get the ss kit yet ? im thinking of ordering this kit soon..cause my air pump sounds like its working overtime since i lowered the car. maybe you, racinstyle or anybody else can help me out. how do i order the kit ? thanks
Old 07-01-09, 04:42 PM
sojah
Lead Lap

i haven't ordered it yet. my wife is trying her hardest to convince me that i really don't need it. so i just re-searched on google and it is usually like the second choice that pops up a company was selling them in the US for like 700$ delivered but now i can't find the link to the page, oh well. i was trying to find a kit for around 500$ from japan and at the worst possible case was going to order it directly from the youzeland site and then have someone mail it or bring it to me.

if you find a cheaper than 700$ alternative please let me know as well...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: anyone with air susp have ss kit installed?