LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Who here has Active Cruise Radar or Laser

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-09, 07:42 PM
AggieLS
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got the laser on my '04 and its terrific 95% of the time. Besides inclement weather the other issue I find is when the sun is low in the sky it causes it to shut off. Sure do appreciate having the ability to activate the normal cruise in that case.
Old 06-13-09, 06:36 AM
mafpolo
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default How do you actvate normal cruise?

How do you activate normal cruise when you don't want to use your radar/laser option?
Old 06-13-09, 09:27 AM
Griff48
Rookie

Dave, I paid more attention yesterday while using the radar cc and finally did see the little car's brake lights come on. Neat!

Mafpolo, when you first turn on the cruise control press the cc stalk towards the front of the car and hold for a couple of seconds. You should see "radar ready" go away but the green "cruise" should stay lit. You are now in normal cruise control. I believe that if you have already turned on and used radar cc that you have to turn cc power off, then back on before you can change the function. That's what I had to do when playing around with it. It is probably the same process to go back to radar cc. And, I think there is some wording on top of the stalk, an arrow to push forward for "mode" and one to pull back toward you for "cancel".

Hope I got all the right.

Love this car! I haven't had a car in a long time that makes people take a long look. One lady even stopped as I was getting out of the car and said "That is a beautiful car!". I though she was stopping to chew me out for something dumb I might have unknowingly done. Not that that's ever happened.

I had a 35% tint done on all side and rear windows, and installed a set of dark-tint Weathertech deflectors (in-channel mount) on all four side windows. I was a little concerned that the delectors would make the UL look like an old man's car (even though I am an old man) but they actually look pretty sharp! Also changed out the Yokahama YK520 tires for a set of Michelin Primacys. What a difference!

Gene
Old 06-13-09, 09:41 AM
Griff48
Rookie

Added signature.
Old 06-13-09, 02:18 PM
Budhah
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackUltra
Yup, I would not try to use in a daily commute ... as of now only on long drives. Will be going on a 1 week trip ATL-CHI-PIT-ATL in June so will use it quite extensively then and report my experience. Acknowledge the negatives but do not use it in those situations therefore it is not a dangerous thing to me. I just love it.
Give a big wave on the way back to ATL from CHI if you go down I 57 at mile marker 54, exit.. Watch out for cops at the 59 and 69 mile marker, and esp at the const zones as they are now using camera for speeders. Had some big wercks up this way on const zone, so they are cracking down on the speed. Funny this is the wrost wreck was from a guy falling asleep in his rig, and rear ending a bunch of people.
Old 06-13-09, 02:20 PM
Budhah
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Griff48
Dave, I paid more attention yesterday while using the radar cc and finally did see the little car's brake lights come on. Neat!

Mafpolo, when you first turn on the cruise control press the cc stalk towards the front of the car and hold for a couple of seconds. You should see "radar ready" go away but the green "cruise" should stay lit. You are now in normal cruise control. I believe that if you have already turned on and used radar cc that you have to turn cc power off, then back on before you can change the function. That's what I had to do when playing around with it. It is probably the same process to go back to radar cc. And, I think there is some wording on top of the stalk, an arrow to push forward for "mode" and one to pull back toward you for "cancel".

Hope I got all the right.

Love this car! I haven't had a car in a long time that makes people take a long look. One lady even stopped as I was getting out of the car and said "That is a beautiful car!". I though she was stopping to chew me out for something dumb I might have unknowingly done. Not that that's ever happened.

I had a 35% tint done on all side and rear windows, and installed a set of dark-tint Weathertech deflectors (in-channel mount) on all four side windows. I was a little concerned that the delectors would make the UL look like an old man's car (even though I am an old man) but they actually look pretty sharp! Also changed out the Yokahama YK520 tires for a set of Michelin Primacys. What a difference!

Gene
Got the yokahama tire on my 02 Avalon,,, yep kind of noisey.. But it is just a car to drive on bad days when the LS sits safe in the garage.