LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Lseat.com Leather "Covers" on my project LS430

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-22, 07:13 PM
S8ULATR
Driver School Candidate

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Lseat.com Leather "Covers" on my project LS430

Pleased to say my 2005 139k project LS 430 is almost complete. I've spent way too much money on a 17 year old car, but I am in love with it. Originally bought it to "flip" for fun as I have a passion for auto detailing (I'm an accountant but have no kids and love keeping things clean), but over the past 2 months of projects I'm not sure I'd ever sell it (unless my wife really gets grumpy about it). So far I've put about 40 hours of my time into the detailing side of it, had the entire car repainted (it

had numerous clear coat issues), repainted the wheels, new tires, new engine mounts, all fluids changed, new brakes, new mats, new wipers, wrapped all the wood in black (not sure I love it, may remove). But, most importantly, new leather from Lseat.com and I had it installed by an upholstery shop. They mentioned they were impressed with the quality, and I can also confirm the cooling function of the seats works as it did prior (I opted for the perforated inserts from Lseat). For those who may be considering them, I definitely recommend them. Here's some pictures:

Last edited by S8ULATR; 05-19-22 at 07:21 PM.
The following 8 users liked this post by S8ULATR:
CELSI0R (05-24-22), CSA (06-16-23), DaveGS4 (05-19-22), Kira X (05-21-22), LatinLS430 (05-20-22), nvwls (05-20-22), Peacebay (05-20-22), Z7USUDRV (05-11-23) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 05-20-22, 12:22 AM
JaySco
Intermediate

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Looking good!
The following 2 users liked this post by JaySco:
Freddy12 (06-14-23), S8ULATR (05-23-22)
Old 05-20-22, 07:48 AM
biacs
Intermediate

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Awesome - LOVE the silver. Grab a nice Pioneer double din + beatsonic adapter. I posted the wiring locations in the trunk if you run a new backup camera:-)

Makes these cars so nice to have all modern capabilities with your phone. Plus the factory stereo!
The following 2 users liked this post by biacs:
Peteryun (08-25-22), S8ULATR (05-20-22)
Old 05-20-22, 10:04 PM
S8ULATR
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by biacs
Awesome - LOVE the silver. Grab a nice Pioneer double din + beatsonic adapter. I posted the wiring locations in the trunk if you run a new backup camera:-)

Makes these cars so nice to have all modern capabilities with your phone. Plus the factory stereo!
That is a good idea, thanks for the recommendation. No backup camera is pretty brutal after having one for so many years, really the only downfall of the car.
Old 05-21-22, 08:36 AM
Romanova
Racer

Received 723 Likes on 512 Posts

This is exactly what I have along with speakers and a new sub in the factory location. You can add modern functionality to the car for around $800 all said and done and the BeatSonic kit looks OEM in fit and finish. Having Android Auto, Bluetooth, and a backup camera has made my original non-nav car much more enjoyable.
The following users liked this post:
S8ULATR (05-23-22)
Old 05-21-22, 09:04 AM
DC777
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Very nice job!

Originally Posted by S8ULATR
Pleased to say my 2005 139k project LS 430 is almost complete. I've spent way too much money on a 17 year old car, but I am in love with it. Originally bought it to "flip" for fun as I have a passion for auto detailing (I'm an accountant but have no kids and love keeping things clean), but over the past 2 months of projects I'm not sure I'd ever sell it (unless my wife really gets grumpy about it). So far I've put about 40 hours of my time into the detailing side of it, had the entire car repainted (it

had numerous clear coat issues), repainted the wheels, new tires, new engine mounts, all fluids changed, new brakes, new mats, new wipers, wrapped all the wood in black (not sure I love it, may remove). But, most importantly, new leather from Lseat.com and I had it installed by an upholstery shop. They mentioned they were impressed with the quality, and I can also confirm the cooling function of the seats works as it did prior (I opted for the perforated inserts from Lseat). For those who may be considering them, I definitely recommend them. Here's some pictures:
Curious, what did the paint job run you? I have been quoted around town and everyone here is wayyy high.
Old 05-21-22, 06:11 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 408 Likes on 336 Posts

Your seats, paint, and the whole car in general look great. How expensive was getting the new seat covers installed? This is something I’ve wanted to do to my SC300 for years.

The black vinyl looks good in your interior. It really looks nice with the grey interior.
The following users liked this post:
S8ULATR (05-23-22)
Old 05-23-22, 11:38 AM
S8ULATR
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DC777
Curious, what did the paint job run you? I have been quoted around town and everyone here is wayyy high.
I paid $3900 including re-spraying the wheels. It is a B+ job, better than Maaco but not as good as a high end body shop who would remove trim, glass etc... I found the guys on Craigslist, they do a lot of prepping/finishing at their home, and rent a paint booth for the actual painting. I waited 40 days and actually just ceramic coated it yesterday. Overall, it looks great. A car guy can tell it has been painted if they examined it, but the average person wouldn't even know.
Old 05-23-22, 11:39 AM
S8ULATR
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Kira X
Your seats, paint, and the whole car in general look great. How expensive was getting the new seat covers installed? This is something I’ve wanted to do to my SC300 for years.

The black vinyl looks good in your interior. It really looks nice with the grey interior.
Thanks ! The install for all 4 seats cost me $750 labor from a local shop (Vasquez Upholstery in Santa Ana, CA).
Old 05-23-22, 12:10 PM
YannG
Intermediate

Received 154 Likes on 81 Posts

Interesting - I’ve actually been tempted to get some for mine!

good to know they fit well! Do you have to take the seat apart, or they slip on?

Old 05-23-22, 12:51 PM
S8ULATR
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by YannG
Interesting - I’ve actually been tempted to get some for mine!

good to know they fit well! Do you have to take the seat apart, or they slip on?
They are entirely new leather, you have to remove the original leather. I have read that they are "doable" yourself, but I have no experience in upholstery and after seeing a couple videos, I opted to hire an upholstery shop. It is not a small job, you have to remove the seats etc..

They fit very well, they are a tad "looser" than the original seats, but I kind of like that look. I don't mean "looser" in the sense that they look or fit like seat covers, just that there is a little more material so they are a little more cushy. I opted for the perforated and pleased to say the air flow from the seat coolers still works great. The leather is a little grainier than OEM, but has a nice feel (I too prefer the grain). The best part is the smell, the car smells like brand new leather.
Old 07-06-22, 03:36 AM
DVL5WRK95
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by S8ULATR
They are entirely new leather, you have to remove the original leather. I have read that they are "doable" yourself, but I have no experience in upholstery and after seeing a couple videos, I opted to hire an upholstery shop. It is not a small job, you have to remove the seats etc..

They fit very well, they are a tad "looser" than the original seats, but I kind of like that look. I don't mean "looser" in the sense that they look or fit like seat covers, just that there is a little more material so they are a little more cushy. I opted for the perforated and pleased to say the air flow from the seat coolers still works great. The leather is a little grainier than OEM, but has a nice feel (I too prefer the grain). The best part is the smell, the car smells like brand new leather.

Thiught I should chime in since I recently ordered the front and rear kit from LSeat, went with black with white Diamond stitch (My original interior is all black, but seats have seen better days). They will initially fit a little loose, but the heat will shrink them a bit to a better fit, as with all newly installed leather.

Last edited by DVL5WRK95; 07-06-22 at 11:02 AM.
Old 07-07-22, 10:28 PM
DC777
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Backup upgrade

I have a 2004 UL with a backup camera but I am thinking of upgrading the camera. I am wondering the the image quality will improve on my nav screen or if the imagine quality is due to the nav screen itself. Might have to go with the double din like you mentioned.
Old 06-13-23, 03:14 PM
TommyB74
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks great.
Old 06-13-23, 03:15 PM
TommyB74
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much money do the front seats cost without labor? Lseat???

Last edited by TommyB74; 06-13-23 at 03:24 PM. Reason: spelling

Quick Reply: Lseat.com Leather "Covers" on my project LS430