LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Mystic Gold Metalic

Old 02-25-09, 08:07 AM
Budhah
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Gold is fine as long as you think you will keep it clean, and waxed. My Lawyer has gold, and never washes the thing.. One ugly car. But like my dear old mum said ,,, "Clean is next to Godliness" So take a look at the seats, and see if you can live with their color too... So many have that light tan, and Both the wife and I did not think we could put up with that on the long haul
Old 02-25-09, 08:13 AM
Budhah
Driver

Originally Posted by Tee
NP!

If you are shooting for being different, then your mission will not fail going with that color. Far as seeing LS430's here in ATL depends on what side of town you are on, all i see are blk, white & silver all day. I rarley see Flint Mica and the rest are even more rare, this is a Bimmer-Benz town with Lexus coming in 3rd. (RX300-350 owns Atlanta) When i do see LS430 the drivers are in their golden years, my the looks I get when they see me.

I Have a Flint Mica ls430 here with Ash "gray" seats. Had it been black, I think would have gone to a different car... Just had the 30k maintainance done yesterday in St. Louis. $559.. Ouch. Filters were changed by the dealer I bought it from. Plaza Lexus, said very nice car, and not once did they try to sell me on a new one. The Cherry color is a beauty, and they don't stay on lots long from what i hear. Blue is a diff matter.

Either way you go, buying a LS will make you a happy person, once you get over writing the check. and try not to think of the 30-45-60-75k mile checkups.. LOL
Old 02-25-09, 08:24 AM
Budhah
Driver

Originally Posted by LOL

"I love Gooooooold!!!"

LOL!

He likes gold too...
Old 02-25-09, 10:46 AM
Tee

Received 67 Likes on 56 Posts

LMAO!

I'm sure he pities the fool who doesn't!
Old 02-25-09, 03:45 PM
Budhah
Driver

Originally Posted by Tee
LMAO!

I'm sure he pities the fool who doesn't!
Sorry could not resist... Mr T sure made a fashion statement

Last edited by Budhah; 02-25-09 at 07:05 PM.
Old 02-25-09, 05:01 PM
focsle
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Budhah
Sorry could not resist...
I'm starting to think I'm going to regret ever asking about this color! From Gold Member to the guy who couldn't beat Rocky, who's next?
Old 02-25-09, 05:51 PM
Tee

Focsle, I see you have the UL in question in your sig, so its safe to say you are the proud owner of a 06 UL. If so then CONGRATS sir!! Mow lets see some pics of your new wheels.
Old 02-26-09, 09:55 AM
focsle
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tee
Focsle, I see you have the UL in question in your sig, so its safe to say you are the proud owner of a 06 UL. If so then CONGRATS sir!! Mow lets see some pics of your new wheels.
Tee-

Very observant of you! I didn't want to introduce the new ride until I actually had it in hand. If I did post w/out pics, then hazing, demanding pics begins. So thought I'd keep it on the low-low. Right now she is in a container riding up the Inside Passage on a tug and barge. Arrives next Tuesday morning, I'll probably have to wait until next Thursday to get it out of the yard.

Thought I'd try for some shots out by the glacier and around the marina. Nice backdrops for some photos.

We live in a rain forest here, the largest temperate rain forest in the northern hemisphere, so got to get the right day for pics as well.

Soon!
Old 02-26-09, 10:01 AM
sojah
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow, you had me with the glacier as a back drop thing... congrats!

if you guys haven't seen it yet, i just watched this years academy winner for short film category called les maison en petits cubes, its a great short film around 10 mins long.
Old 02-26-09, 10:38 AM
Tee

Originally Posted by sojah
wow, you had me with the glacier as a back drop thing... congrats!

if you guys haven't seen it yet, i just watched this years academy winner for short film category called les maison en petits cubes, its a great short film around 10 mins long.
DTTO!

Those pics are going to be sick, be sure to bring the tripod for those shots!

CONGRATS again!